The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templar with bow help

RAM2191
RAM2191
✭✭
hi guys! Ive started my templar and really want to use a bow. What would be the best way to share out my stats? and which armor / enchants should I be aiming for? Will be wanted a melee weapon in my 2nd slot at 15 but mainly bow. thanks in advance!
Ram V6 Imperial Templar (AD)
I am the hope of the Universe. I am the answer to all living things who cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth... ally to good, nightmare to you.
  • RomedyMC
    RomedyMC
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't really done enough research to comment intelligently so far, but I'll give it a go anyhow ...

I would think it would depend on a bit on what race you are playing, if you want to primarily PvP or PvE, and if you are wanting to go strictly DPS or if you want to heal while using a bow / 2h. I am playing a Bosmer Templar with a bow. At 15 I'll spec for a resto staff. My attribute points are so far 3 mana : 1 stamina since I will not do a lot of PvP.

I don't know how well mana/stam regen will scale at 50, so it is difficult to plan early on. What I do know is I run out of mana quickly trying to heal, so augmenting my mana pool is #1. If/when my regen is enough to keep my mana up and stamina reasonably up, then I will switch points into health for survivability.

high health w/ good regen for mana/stam are, imo, the way to PvP.
    High mana and med stam for PvE w/ health later on if regen is sufficient.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by RomedyMC on March 31, 2014 8:28PM
  • Stautmeister
    Stautmeister
    ✭✭✭
    Light/medium armor magic stam for dps. However A dead dps cant dps.
    An orc marrying a wood elf?! Enjoy your Borsimer mutants!
  • crfurstenau
    crfurstenau
    Soul Shriven
    I played a Templar bow-healer throughout three beta tests and got into the mid 20s in the last beta. I am currently lvl 15 in early access with a Breton Templar Bow Healer.

This is my current build

When solo PVE:

I have my main weapon slotted as a bow with these skills

(RL) Rushed Ceremony->breath of life
    (RL) Restoring aura-->repentance
    (RL ult) Rite of passage->Remembrance
    (Bow) volley-scorched
    (Bow) Poison Arrow->Venom
    (Bow) Scatter Shot->Magnum Shot

And my second weapon (still a bow) with this.

(Bow) Poison->Venom
    (Bow) Volley->Scorched
    (Bow) Scatter->Magnum
    (Bow) Arrow Spray->Bombard
    (RL) rushed ceremony->breath of life
    (RL ult) right of passage->remembrance

Passives
    (Bow) Long shots
    (Bow) Accuracy
    (Bow) Ranger
    (RL) Mending
    (RL) Focused healing

I use 5 light armor pieces and 2 heavy

Passives:
    (LA) evocation
    (LA) recovery
    (LA) Spell Warding
    (HA) Resolve
    (HA) Comstitution

Racials-Breton
    Light armor affinity
    Magnus
    Spell resist

In group PVE I switch my second weapon set out for a resto staff and slot these skills

(Resto) Grand Healing-->healing springs
    (Resto) Regeneration->mutagen
    (Resto) Blessing o Protection-combat prayer
    (RL) Rushed Ceremony-BoL
    (RL) restoring aura-repentance
    (RL ult) Rite of passage-remembrance

With resto passives of
    Essence drain
    Resto expert
    Cycle of life

As I level I will be adding and changing these skills for appropriate situations, but so far this skill set his been amazing and I can take on multiple mobs quite a few levels higher than me and survive, and keep a group alive as well.

I will probably have to tweak this for pvp but I haven't gotten into pvp much yet as I am just trying to level still

*Edit

For my attribute points I have been going

4:2:1 mp:hp:stam

This leaves me short on stamina when I'm soloing and having to resort to auto attacks more often then ideal, but it keeps my mp pool high for personal and group survivability and fits my preference for endgame of being primarily a healer

Edited by crfurstenau on April 1, 2014 3:36PM
  • Danariel
    Danariel
    ✭✭✭
    I've got Poison Arrow, Sun Fire, Piercing Javelin, Twin Slashes, and Soul Trap on my bar currently. I have Twin Slashes on there purely to level Dual Wielding. It's not usable without the correct weapon, but at 15 it won't be so painful to swap weapons when we finally gain the ability to. At level 8, Bow is about level 12, and DW is at 9.

From PTS at level 33, I had Venom Arrow (Poison Arrow Morph), Reflective Light (Sun Fire morph), Binding Javelin (Piercing Javelin morph) Magnum Shot (Scatter Shot morph) or Silver Bolts (swapped out for undead and Daedra) and Repentance (Restoring Aura morph), with Solar Disturbance (Nova morph) as my Ultimate. Oh, and I had just recently picked up Snipe, as well, so I would sometimes slot that in (very situational use, only once per fight, made it less useful than other skills.)

On the Dual Wield bar, I had Twin Slashes, Flurry, Whirlwind, Piercing Javelin or Silver Bolts, and Rushed Ceremony, with Solar Disturbance for Ult.

I also had a lot of crafting skill points spent by that point, too. She was quite fun to play! I use medium armor, and take all the passives for both armor and race (Bosmer) with Magicka on the armor, and all my level up points went into health. That's subject to change at or before 50, of course.
    Mara's Tester, Psijic Order Tester
    Danariel Van'nari (Warden), Danariel (Templar), Danariel Moonbow (Nightblade), Danariel Stormborn (Sorceress)
    The Old Timer's Guild, Mara's Moxie, The Psijic Order, Arrow and Knee Cafters