The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are server transfers possible on PS4?

Calsifer
Calsifer
✭✭✭
Comparing my connectivity on EU to NA, NA is much better. Would it be possibke to move my account to NA?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, unfortunately.

From Support: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20547/kw/transfer

"Can I send characters or items from one server to another (NA server to EU server and vice-versa)?
    Updated 01/07/2016 02:20 PM
    No. You are not able to transfer characters or items from one server to another. You can, however, transfer items from one character to another within the same server by using the in-game Bank."

Also herehttps://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29937/kw/transfer

How do I switch servers or select a server on the console?
    Updated 06/16/2015 04:06 AM
    In order for players to change the server they're playing on, they must:

Xbox One:

Open ESOTU
    Press [A] to start
    Highlight Server Select using the D-pad
    Use the D-pad again to go left or right
    Select Europe or North America
    PS4:

Open ESOTU
    Press [X] to start
    Highlight Server Select using the D-pad
    Use the D-pad again to go left or right
    Select Europe or North America

Note: Once a character is created on a server, it can't be transferred to another server and items purchased with crowns on one server cannot be transferred to another.
  • Calsifer
    Calsifer
    ✭✭✭
    Well, those answers are . . . stale. I have been playing on PS4 since about a week or so after launch, I started on the NA server, but after taking an extended break to visit the irradiated wastelans of Boston I decided to switch to the EU server for a clean start. Over the course of the last 18 monhts my connectivity to the EU server has been degrading steadily.

When performing the most basic of rotations in game my light attacks either do no register or are mysteriously converted into heavy attacks EVEN when I am not holding down the buttons. I suspect my connection is so poor that the server is attempting to interpret missing packets as best possible, which results in unacceptable game play. Just riding my horse, the sprint will disengage after a few seconds and I must constantly hold down the sprint to keep from slowing down.

Because of all the lag issues I attempted to see if I experience this same lag on the North American server, and to my surprise I do not experience as poor a connection to the PS4 NA server.

At present I am unable to perform a decent rotation for end game DPS or even avoid most attacks that the average player easily avoids as they do not deal with the lag I experience.

I have my suspecions as to the cause, but simply geographic location plays a big part in my connectivity problems. I currently live in Okinawa Japan. I would have guessed a better connection to Europe as there is less ocean between Japan and Europe, but I guess the connection to the US from Japan is just a bit more solid.

An official response would go along way in helping me decide if I can continue to play ESO, or move on to games with at least as good a connection as my connection to ESO NA servers.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calsifer wrote: »
    An official response would go along way in helping me decide if I can continue to play ESO, or move on to games with at least as good a connection as my connection to ESO NA servers.

Those, uh, are the current official response from the ESO Support site. They haven't been updated because they haven't changed.

Otherwise I suggest you open a Support ticket or an in-game Ask for Help request.
  • eco_TR
    eco_TR
    ✭✭✭
    Not an expert on the issue, but as far as I understand your issue seems to be related with ping, which is related with your ISP/location/connection quality, which is also affected by where you are.

Not saying there aren't any lags or issues on servers. Sure the problems are there, but in your case most likely it will be more easier and convenient to connect to US server, rather than EU from Japan. This is probably because of the routes of cables. One direct line across ocean without much interruption, against several lines with lots of other connections and interfaces. That will drastically affect your ping, which will result in problems, e.g. problems with light attacking.

As Varanis replied, you can't transfer from one server to another. But you can have two different accounts (one on each server). You might better contact with customer service to investigate further, if you like.
    In light, there is darkness.

PS4-EU / PC-EU
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short answer, no.

Why, no money in it. If the paywall it in the sense you have to rebuy everything. You have to spend double the amount of money.
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    They could transfer accounts if they wanted to, they just don't want to is all.