The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Faulty Quests so far.

DV_Cypher
DV_Cypher
So I'm playing in the Aldemeri Dominion and so far there have been two faulty quests as of level 13. The frog race quest in Skywatch seems to be entirely broken with the frog never running the race and just sitting next to the basket.

The second quest is in Grahtwood and is the Stars Never Fade quest. Once asked to talk to the argonian woman in the chair it cannot be done unless the player has put a skill point into persuasion from the mages guild tree or else it asks you to fight a hunter to prove yourself which seems to be impossible as none of the NPC's are capable of dialogue.

If anyone else finds any please post them here so the Dev's can hear about it and fix these small issues.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Albert Einstein
  • DV_Cypher
    DV_Cypher
    There is a quest at North Beacon that requires the player to retrieve clothes from a house for a spy, but nothing in the house is usable. Another possible malfunctioning quest.
  • DRok32
    DRok32
    I'm also having the same problems with the frog quest. Even after abandoning it, then rebuying the frog...
  • DV_Cypher
    DV_Cypher
    DRok32 wrote: »
    I'm also having the same problems with the frog quest. Even after abandoning it, then rebuying the frog...

I sat there for a good hour and a half trying everything I could think of with no results. No frog race is worth that much trouble l. Luckily that quest can be ignored with no consequences!
    Edited by DV_Cypher on March 31, 2014 4:48PM
  • Wow
    Wow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The frog is bugged ever since beta and still bugged till now. The frog refused to run and just sit like doll. I've asked /zone chat not sure it seems some have managed to complete it(?). I tried to abandon - retake quest, no result still fail.

On the Grahtwood, quest name "Unsafe Haven", stuck on this step - Investigate Jeer-Tei. There's nothing there

I'm a Godot Engine and GameMaker enthusiast from the most populated island on earth, Java, Indonesia. Coffee is my staple fuel, and durian is my favourite fruit. I'm currently building a Godot Community site.
  • DV_Cypher
    DV_Cypher
    So just a bit of quest help here!

If quest objects are not spawning/being usable try re logging as this has fixed most issues I have encountered to this point! Re logging can also fix issues with extreme lag and the occasional case of being stuck!

If re logging doesn't fix the situation then I have had a few quests that worked after abandoning them and picking them up again. This is certainly not the most fun way to do it, but if you are left with no other choice then it's an option.
  • DV_Cypher
    DV_Cypher
    Also a quest note!

When questing in Grahtwood I encountered two issues:

1. When first approached about helping the Vinedusk Rangers I was tasked with speaking to an NPC once I had traveled through the portal summoned for me, but he was not there and the quest marker pointed back out of the portal and would fail the quest once having gone back out.

Fix: I had to abandon the quest, but once I did the NPC approached me again and the second NPC was present when I went through the portal again.

2. When retrieving the mantle in the "Winter's something" quest you have to enter a vault and retrieve the mantle of whatever from the general. The vault portion of the quest is a solo mission and requires the player to traverse the vault and kill the general to obtain it after fighting through mini boss gargoyles. When the player confronts the boss there is an [Intimidate] option. The option has no effect on the encounter, but in multiple cases when players died fighting the general they were unable to fight her again after respawning. The quest has to be abandoned and all the gargoyles and such cleared again.

Fix: Don't do the [Intimidate] option! It currently has no effect except breaking the quest for you if you die which is no fun! As I said above if you encounter that problem just abandon and do the quest again and it will work!

All of this info comes as of my current level: 25.
    Edited by DV_Cypher on April 1, 2014 7:09AM
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This first quest for the Daggerfall Covenant on Stros M'Kai involving meeting the captain and then finding one of three people for her was buggy during beta and after launch when I played it. Walking around the first city on Stros M'Kai I had the quest and related tasks cycle repeatedly through Completed and then new again (as if they were not finished).
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • DV_Cypher
    DV_Cypher
    Okay so the zone of Greenshade has the most bugged quests I have seen up to this point. I can tell you now that questing will not be easy in that zone because so many quests are bugged.

"The Handmade Guardian" cannot be finished because when it is time to have your guardian face the others it will take 3 hits or so and suddenly get one shot leaving the quest failed. Everyone I have talked to had the same problem and I have yet to see someone who did it successfully.

"Retaking the Pass" also appears to be very bugged. If you are lucky enough to have the necessary NPC appear at all in the quest location it is still impossible to seal any of the rifts. Every time the skeleton mages are cleared the NPC begins closing the rift, but the rift and skeletons always disappears and re spawns almost instantly without the quest objective being filled. This quest is also directly linked to the "Shades of Green" quest and it seems it cannot be completed without "Retaking the Pass".