The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Will changes bring back map playing ?

raviour
raviour
✭✭✭✭
Currently all servers EU are totally dull for map players. Full of AP farmers or power trippers or trolls that have no regard for the map or the newbies that grinded hard to experience this end game content and its RP value. Hence why BwB/Kyne was always the best server EU (not NA).

The changes incoming may bring map playing into EU veteran servers again. I think NA is fine for that but EU is a total disgrace for the sport of PvP.

Also.....

BGs are a great alternative for us that actually want real PvP but I feel the population in them is too small currently due to pay wall for the new and great changes to work.

• raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    *edit... for PC users. Dunno about consoles but tempted to try ps4 to see if there is any soul there.

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bgs are moving to base game which may help alleviate some population issues.
    As for cyro changes. No there is still no incentive to win.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    *edit... for PC users. Dunno about consoles but tempted to try ps4 to see if there is any soul there.

There's no soul there either
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    long answer: nope
    short answer: no
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardly, at least judging from the twitch video about PvP changes, which was quite bizarre indeed.
    The most disturbing moment came when Wheeler said that "blah blah blah, while in non-CP campaign, guards (and siege engines) hit really really hard" and all three nodded.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see any new changes pointing towards increased map play.

The superstructure tick change is a nice quality of life thing, but I don't see it having drastic effects on playstyle.

Campaign score changes (making scrolls worth more points) will be pretty much ignored--just like any other score-related change (until something happens to make players care about winning the campaign).
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »

Don't come to PS4, there is no map playing here. Currently AD is always max population with a 10K lead and the other two cant and don't even try to do anything anymore.

PS4 NA\S are bleeding out.