Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

ESO is powering off my Xbox One X

madchuska83
madchuska83
✭✭✭✭✭
I don't have any other way to explain it. The box is clean, it isn't hot, and it keeps happening in the exact same spot during a quest.

While doing the Thieve's Guild quest 'A Flawless Plan' you are tasked with crossing a dark chasm while staying in a dome of light with Ziera, 2 steps onto the path my box shuts off. Whole thing dead. Like I did a power cycle.

It's done this 4 times in the same spot. I've tried doing other things for a few hours, come back, and it shuts off in the same damn spot. It's crazy. What could be causing this?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming it’s not overheating or vent issues..not sure. Report it to Microsoft and open a ticket with ZOS and have them research.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Assuming it’s not overheating or vent issues..not sure. Report it to Microsoft and open a ticket with ZOS and have them research.

^this.

i'm not on console but i did have an issue years back where a certain point in a quest gave ctd every time i tried it. put a ticket in later had a chat in game with a gm (yes, really) three days later it was fixed.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any other way to explain it. The box is clean, it isn't hot, and it keeps happening in the exact same spot during a quest.

While doing the Thieve's Guild quest 'A Flawless Plan' you are tasked with crossing a dark chasm while staying in a dome of light with Ziera, 2 steps onto the path my box shuts off. Whole thing dead. Like I did a power cycle.

It's done this 4 times in the same spot. I've tried doing other things for a few hours, come back, and it shuts off in the same damn spot. It's crazy. What could be causing this?

i get kicked to the dash all the time, happened to me yesterday about 10 times in about an hour, never happens in any other game i play, today only twice so far.

good game, bad management and developers
  • MTijhuis
    MTijhuis
    ✭✭✭
    Do you get dashboarded or does your Xbox completely turns off?

There is a known issue with the charge cable of the X if you use a plug block instead of plugging the cable directly into the power point. To avoid it you can plug it directly in the power point. That solved my issue with my X turning of randomly.

If you keep getting dashboarded during the same quests, you should make a ticket. So they can investigate the issue.
    Edited by MTijhuis on April 14, 2018 4:51PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MTijhuis wrote: »
    Do you get dashboarded or does your Xbox completely turns off?

There is a known issue with the charge cable of the X if you use a plug block instead of plugging the cable directly into the power point. To avoid it you can plug it directly in the power point. That solved my issue with my X turning of randomly.

If you keep getting dashboarded during the same quests, you should make a ticket. So they can investigate the issue.

Wry good info, in short if you’re not plugged directly into the wall don’t create a ticket
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501