Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PS4 EU - How to sell motifs when you don't know prices?

WhoSlappedThePie
WhoSlappedThePie
✭✭✭
Hi,

I understand we can't trade on this forum? I have quite a few motifs, some good, some average, a few worm cult (shield , boots) that I'm trying to trade but not sure how to go about it? I'm not 100% on the prices and can't find a reliable source? I’ve posted in zone chats but nobody seems to bite… should I wait it out? It’s taking up a lot of space now and I don’t think I’m going to learn them. Thanks
"It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
Magsorc Breton
Magblade Darkelf
Stam DK Redguard
Healer Templar High Elf
Tank DK Argonian
Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checking the value in trade guilds was how everyone did it on PC before MM took over.

It's slow tedious work though. Hit the big trade hubs see what others sell it for and list the same or lower. You can also try Tamriel Trade Center website (maybe trade forums?)
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't Reddit have a trading area. If only we had yard sales or something.

Edited by Tasear on April 16, 2018 11:38AM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will check guild traders in Elden Root and Mournhold, then undercut that price by a bit.
    Then I'll travel around linking the item and asking price.
    Just be prepared to get whispers saying it's too much even though it's cheaper (if you go that way) then the traders, or whispers from traders themselves who take exception to you "trying to steal thier gold".

Good luck...
  • Aerithone
    Aerithone
    ✭✭✭
    There is a website called tamriel trade center. u can go there and find what you want to sell. you will see prices and then can decide.
    I will show you fear in a handfull of dust.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Doesn't Reddit have a trading area. If only we had yard sales or something.
    Yeah ESObay https://www.reddit.com/r/ESObay/

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    I find with that Tamriel Trade Centre nothing shows a price (ps4 eu) - Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshot to show no prices: http://prntscr.com/j5x07t

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is an android app for this very thing for PS4 EU specifically. I can't remember it's name though. It also costs real cash. Not much at all, but it's worth mentioning.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is an android app for this very thing for PS4 EU specifically. I can't remember it's name though. It also costs real cash. Not much at all, but it's worth mentioning.

Thought Sony and Microsoft didn't like addons for mmo's?
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always go to mournhold to see what prices things are selling for, then will sell at slightly lower or the same depending on the item :)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find with that Tamriel Trade Centre nothing shows a price (ps4 eu) - Am I doing something wrong?

I have the same problem. It's completely useless. ps4 us
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

Thought Sony and Microsoft didn't like addons for mmo's?

Not an add-on, an Android app for your phone or tablet.
    Hoolielulu wrote: »

I have the same problem. It's completely useless. ps4 us

Console markets are very different from PC which does make TTC less useful for us. It can still give you a starting point but you will almost always be under selling if you match TTC prices.

Like was said above, the only real way to get an accurate price is to visit other traders. The big hubs have enough traders to get a good idea of what you should be selling for.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll buy all your WC motifs for 10K each, its a great deal, no need to look up the going rate...
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely look it up on Tamriel Trade Center.

Edit: Just saw that you mentioned that the market is different on console. I guess you'll have to do it the old fashioned way - look through guilds. Ewe.
    Edited by theivorykitty on April 16, 2018 2:18PM
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    I will check guild traders in Elden Root and Mournhold, then undercut that price by a bit.
    Just be prepared to get whispers saying it's too much even though it's cheaper (if you go that way) then the traders, or whispers from traders themselves who take exception to you "trying to steal thier gold".

Good luck...

Oh good lord this. I always undercut the main traders like Wayrest and Mournhold just a little, but if you sell in zone they'll always act as if you're asking for their first born.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭

Good luck...

Oh good lord this. I always undercut the main traders like Wayrest and Mournhold just a little, but if you sell in zone they'll always act as if you're asking for their first born.

Haha yeah... its so annoying as its a job in itself to check prices and then undercut.. and if the motif doesn't exist in the trades then hmmm... argh..

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Good luck...

Yeah some of them are ridiculous. However, it works both ways. Take Kutas for example, they sell for between 6-7k ish on the PS4 EU market. A lot of people still sell them for guild prices in chat, some even more (had people say 10k per kuta). Then they act like you're trying to screw them over because you want to buy them at a price that takes into account selling in chat incurs no fees for the seller. I don't pay fees as a buyer, yet these people expect me to pay the equivalent of having to pay fees when I'm buying directly from them.

when selling in chat people should expect to receive less. Otherwise it makes zero sense for anyone to buy in chat. Half the time they're not even receiving less, they just fail to realise that if they list something in a guild store for 100k, they'll never receive the full 100k.

Edited by Prof_Bawbag on April 16, 2018 3:18PM
  • Smokewood
    Smokewood
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another example of why the entire guild trader system needs to be completely removed and replaced with personal vendors that operate from player housing.
  • mdhii
    mdhii
    Soul Shriven
    Just adding a simple name search could make a huge difference. Make us still select the categories but if I could just search for "Minotaur" instead of scrolling though hundreds of motifs on multiple vendors. Ugh.