The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is there an addon to track resource usage and regeneration?

fred4
fred4
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I use the FTC combat log to track damage and healing, but I am looking for something that tracks resource usage and regeneration. This would answer questions, such as:

(1) When a DK wears Akaviri Dragonguard, how much resources do ultimates restore?
(2) Could a DK poison itself with a Cowardice potion and gain +60% resources from higher ultimate cost?
(3) What are the resource return rates while out of combat (yes, they differ from in combat)?
(4) What are my actual block costs during a fight?
(5) Can I see the heavy armor constitution passive in action?

And so on. I'm not looking for answers to just these questions, but for a log that you could interrogate during build testing.

Please let's not debate the merits of (2) :). I'm just intrigued by the possibility. A Cowardice potion can have other effects (restore health), and the duration of Cowardice could be reduced by investing just 1 point into the otherwise oh-so-useless Snakeblood passive and/or by making a less than CP150 potion. Probably won't work. Just something to try, but very hard to judge without seeing resource numbers in a log.

By the way, I have not used Combat Metrics. I've seen it's summary screen in countless videos. Does it provide a log? It is not a summary I'm looking for, but a detailed log, like the FTC combat log.
Edited by fred4 on April 14, 2018 1:25AM
PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dks battle roar resource return is based on the the base cost, regardless of the current cost, whether lower or higher.

For all this, look up combat metrics, it has everything you are asking for.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are you saying Combat Metrics provides a detailed second-by-second log?

Regards Battle Roar, please don't be mad if I don't take your word for it. I've seen a thread discussing sets and passives that reduce ultimate cost, such as Akaviri Dragonguard. The replies were a bit all over the place. Furthermore this does not preclude potions and poisons working differently, or this changing between patches without the ZOS support team documenting it. Let me repeat: I am not looking for answers to my questions. The questions are only there to illustrate what sort of information I am hoping to get from the addon.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is right. It takes the base cost. Thats why bats restore so much resources on a DK
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Are you saying Combat Metrics provides a detailed second-by-second log?

Regards Battle Roar, please don't be mad if I don't take your word for it. I've seen a thread discussing sets and passives that reduce ultimate cost, such as Akaviri Dragonguard. The replies were a bit all over the place. Furthermore this does not preclude potions and poisons working differently, or this changing between patches without the ZOS support team documenting it. Let me repeat: I am not looking for answers to my questions. The questions are only there to illustrate what sort of information I am hoping to get from the addon.

Yes. Combat metrics does what you are asking. You don't have to believe me. Try it out.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great, thank you!
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    LUI Extended shows block cost, constitution, and all other resource changes.
    eisley the worst