Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

PVP?

Ibibi
Ibibi
✭✭
Okay i am playing my stamden bow build atm,but i dont know what to play as a PVP(what is easy to master)?
I have stamblade,magplar,magsorc,stamsorc and stamden
Khajiit 4eva
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would start with a class you already know. watching some build videos will help to understand, why some skills are recommended and used by others. if you want to start on a new class, you rather need to decide what your play style is. do you prefer fighting melee or ranged. do you want to rely on damage shields, having several heal over times or burst heals to keep you alive?
    most stamina builds are played melee and use healing over time like vigor and momentum. with the morph really you also got some kind of burstheal. stamden has also a burst heal in its toolkit.
    the only class working ranged on stamina is a nightblade sniper and somewhat stamden with throwing birds.
    the magicka melee classes are templars and dragonknights. both kind if heal by damaging the enemies, while the templar has a huge burst heal to save lifes.
    for the ranged magicka classes we got sorcerer, nightblades and magdens. they all play similar using damage shields. nightblades also have cloak, pretty unique and therefore are kings of the kiting technique. but overall they play similar with some different flavors. same with all stamina toons, they mostly rely on the same healing and do melee damage with different looking animations.
  • Ibibi
    Ibibi
    ✭✭
    @Checkmath the nightblade seems interesting,i love playing with a bow-i have seen they are used for a "gank" build?
    But im using a Khajiit,maybe i should reroll to bosmer or redguard?
    Khajiit 4eva
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a gankbuild all three races fit pretty well. Khajiit has also fitting passives for a sneaky class. You should defintely check out some buildvideos about nightblades then;)
    Btw ganking means bursting somebody down in a few hits. Mostly this is done from stealth. Thats why nb‘s are the gank class, since they can go invisible with cloak. But most builds differentiate between ganking and bow ganking.
    Edited by Checkmath on April 13, 2018 5:42PM
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Khajiit bow stamblade is a great way to learn PvP. You will hit like a truck, but be ranged and stealthy and able to cloak out of danger (usually). This’ll give you an opportunity to learn the ropes and see how people play.

Alcasthq.com has a great PvP bow build. It’s close to what I use for 99% of my PvP. It’s a totally fun build...I defend keeps a lot, amd my opening snipe hits for 16k+.
  • hellothere
    Kajit and red guard are the two contenders, the only difference is kajit has more Crit and red guard has more sustain, but if you game you don’t need sustain ;)
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamwarden atm is the easiest class to play in pvp
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davey1107 wrote: »
    A Khajiit bow stamblade is a great way to learn PvP. You will hit like a truck, but be ranged and stealthy and able to cloak out of danger (usually). This’ll give you an opportunity to learn the ropes and see how people play.

Alcasthq.com has a great PvP bow build. It’s close to what I use for 99% of my PvP. It’s a totally fun build...I defend keeps a lot, amd my opening snipe hits for 16k+.

I second this. It's a versatile build that allows for solo play, small group play, or large group play. Good survivability, and only one kinda finicky mechanic to master (Shade). Easy to play acceptably well, and if you master it it's fantastic.

I just also want to prepare you: learning PvP is rough. The learning curve is more like a cliff. You will die over and over and over and over and over again. And then you'll die some more. But here's the secret: EVERYONE dies a lot. Even the pros. It's not a big deal. Don't get discouraged by it, and instead think of it as a chance to reposition or study the map. Then dust yourself off, get back up, and go again. Also while learning, find a big group and stick to it. If you see a guild recruiting PUGs for a raiding group in zone chat, join it. You'll learn a lot from running with an organized group.

PvP is a ton of fun, and has so much more end game flexibility in viable gear and skills than end game PvE that it's sort of ridiculous. If you can get over the hump of learning how to PvP (and that's a player thing more than a skill thing or a gear thing), it's well worth it. Glad to hear you're interested in joining us!
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on April 15, 2018 4:35AM