The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crafting Tutorial?

ltldoggb14_ESO
Hello All,

Is there a point in the game where you come across a crafting tutorial? Like in the starter island?

Thank you,
Scott
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    There are for "for dummies" books next to each crafting station. These are probably tutorials.
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    No tutorials. However, do read the books near each crafting station.

And the help system is actually helpful.
  • ltldoggb14_ESO
    Thanks for the quick answers so far. A follow up question, is there a lead-in to crafting (like a quest) or do I just jump right in?
  • dannomite82
    dannomite82
    ✭✭
    You can jump right in.

If you see a resource, you can click to gather it. You can also deconstruct armor and weapons you collect to get experience/materials.
    Edited by dannomite82 on April 1, 2014 7:54PM
    Holgrum put some pants on. Holgrum heal me I'm dying. Nag... Nag... Nag...
  • ltldoggb14_ESO
    Thanks! No more questions, for now ;)
  • Jessabella
    Jessabella
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a pop up tutorial, but its easy to miss the first time if you close it out by accident. You can reset tutorials in settings. But that will reset all of them.
    Mara's Tester <3Psijic Order/PTS Tester
    Jessabella >:)Belladonna Bacia >:)Serves her Master >:)Aurora Rose
    Mara's Moxie <3The Sidekick Order <3The Psijic Order <3Elder Moot
    And my big fat Naked Nord :pAte my Clothes
  • ltldoggb14_ESO
    You can jump right in.

If you see a resource, you can click to gather it. You can also deconstruct armor and weapons you collect to get experience/materials.

Wow, I didn't think about trying that but it's great to know. I just sold off some stuff this morning but I won't going forward. Thank you again!

• ltldoggb14_ESO
    Jessabella wrote: »
    There is a pop up tutorial, but its easy to miss the first time if you close it out by accident. You can reset tutorials in settings. But that will reset all of them.

Thanks Jessabella! I will do that :)