Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Easiest way to get transmute crystals

Sawzallz
Sawzallz
✭✭✭
What's the easiest way to get them and how much can you get a day? Drop rates from bosses?
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I got 10 in an anniversary box from a crafting writ. I think I’ve gotten over 80 the past few days that way; usually it’s 1-3 in a box though.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I might try and farming boxes i need like 250
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    pvp has the best drop rate
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering what the drop rates of transmute crystals from boss at the end of dungeons
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    i'm pretty sure bosses do not drop transmute crystals, however you asked for the fastest way to get crystals, not the drop rate from bosses
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I'm i did, and bosses at the end of a dungeon can drop transmute crystals, happened to me before
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PVP drop rate is the best. If you do not PVP, the Vet and Normal Undaunted Pledges drop them with the reward.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slurg wrote: »
    I got 10 in an anniversary box from a crafting writ. I think I’ve gotten over 80 the past few days that way; usually it’s 1-3 in a box though.

I've gotten as many as 5 in a box. They seem to drop frequently as I am filling up quickly on them.
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    ok well it has never happened to me, or i havent noticed, well i told you the fastest way, whatever you wanna do now i up to you
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way is to go into a Campaign for you faction and the to Tier 1 reward on as many characters as you can.

If the 30 days one, it takes a while, but you can get 25k AP I think in just a few minutes following the zerg. You get 50 crystals guarateed in the end of the campaing if you are Tier 1. 10 for the 7 days campaign, though I think this is more work.

It is not the FASTEST, but it is definetly the EASIEST if you are thinking long term.

I got 800+ crystals in the beginning of the year with no more than 6 hours in PvP over 2 months.
  • Sawzallz
    Sawzallz
    ✭✭✭
    I can't pvp well so i might solo dungeons i also wanna try vet malestorm
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »

PvP. You dont need to be good, you need to set campaign as home, earn 25k AP and end of campaign you get 50 per toon

You can surf a zerg healing or just repair walls to hit 25k

Honestly I'm sat on like 400 at the minute.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sawzallz wrote: »

You don't need to... I literally went in there in my Trials Healer build and just followed the zerg. I died from one attack, but in the zerg you can stay alive for surprisingly long even with Divines Light armor.

vMA is not bad either if you are good. You get 14 I think from less than one hour if you can get on leaderboard.

I still vastly prefer PvP. I'm DC so when we go take over the map in the afternoon you can make 25k AP in half an hour just from the home keeps and resources being retaken.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pvp is the best way. Set a home campaign (I do sotha sil no cp). Go in every once in a while during the campaign and do the scouting quests (which are real easy if your faction owns the keep) and join a zerg group for a while and take out a few keeps.

You get a daily box which can contain some crystals and end of the campaign box which contains crystals.

That provides me with a steady stream of crystals and with this holiday event I have uncracked crystals in my inventory plus I've had to go transmute stuff when getting too close to cap.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 day campaigning get 100k then exclusively do vma.
  • Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    pvp is the best way.
    Says the person who PVPs

[Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds normally. i get a lot from BGs and you dont have to play horse simulator to get them. Also anniversary boxes sometimes drop between 1 and 5. it seems to drop more when you arent maxed. I noticed i get them rarely since maxing out.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP you earn a reward for the worthy every so much ap you earn. The first reward per day comes in at a low amount earned...I think 5k?

When you receive reward for the worthy emails, you only want to open ONE EMAIL PER DAY. No more. No mas. Every 20 hours, a reward for the worthy email rewardcontainer has a guaranteed transmute grab bag, which rewards 4-25 crystals. (Usually 4-6).

So if you have a good PvP night and get several reward emails, open one email per day to get max transmute crystals.

And like Others say, you don’t have to PvP much. Just go in once in a while and follow your team to a keep capture...repair some walls...help them take the resources. That’ll probably get your reward email for the day.