The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Essential add-ons

Itacira
Itacira
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I'm starting in ESO (through steam, and boy do I ever regret buying TESO through it instead of free of constraints), just having some solo PVE fun, and wanted to know if there was an "essential Add-ons" list somewhere ? One with add-ons that are up to date because the ones I installed through Nexus Manager all give me UI error warnings.

On that note : Is there an add-on to "craft all" in provisioning UI so that I don't have to repeatedly press R to craft 20 baked apples ?

Thanks !
PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here are some add-ons I use all the time.
    Votan's Minimap
    Lazy Writ Crafter
    Master Merchant/Tamriel Trade Center
    Combat Metrics/Foundry Tactical Combat
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft Store and Potion Maker are the two you need for Crafting. Multicraft can help, but you only need that for making multiple potions or mass refining of mats.

Destinations
    Lore Books
    Skyshards
    Lost Treasure
    AUI
    Advanced Filters
    Awesome Guild Store

Use Minion to update and install the addons. Also, don't worry too much about out of date, most of the time, that is related to a header which needs to be updated, not the mods working or not.
    Edited by Nestor on April 7, 2018 1:07PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks !

For some reason minion wouldn't work so I installed stuff manually. For roleplaying reasons I'm staying clear of lorebooks and skyshards maps for now but wow are multicrafting and the minimap changing my LIFE
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itacira wrote: »
    Thanks !

For some reason minion wouldn't work so I installed stuff manually. For roleplaying reasons I'm staying clear of lorebooks and skyshards maps for now but wow are multicrafting and the minimap changing my LIFE

Minion may not know where Steam installs are at or if you installed to a non stock location. Use the Settings to point Minion to your install of the game. Or your My Documents if that has been moved too.

Because, you really don't want to maintain your addons manually. There are updates after most patches, and, some addons are updated weekly.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    C

Destinations
    Lore Books
    Skyshards
    Lost Treasure
    AUI
    Advanced Filters
    Awesome Guild Store

id hardly call lore books and skyshards essential. if you wanna teach new people how to follow google instead of playing the game, thats your call, but they are not essential
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    C

Destinations
    Lore Books
    Skyshards
    Lost Treasure
    AUI
    Advanced Filters
    Awesome Guild Store

id hardly call lore books and skyshards essential. if you wanna teach new people how to follow google instead of playing the game, thats your call, but they are not essential

I kinda agree with this.
    Skyshards, lorebooks, lost treasure and destinations are very useful addons for alts, but when advising a new player, I wouldn't recommend using them. They spoil a lot of the discovery and exploration fun. Or at least, I'd recommend them with a big warning.
  • LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get multicraft for auto crafting, it works for all professions and it's extremely small and barely noticeable, it just adds a little box where you enter the number of copies of whatever you want to craft and it does it for you.

Potion maker for alchemy is also very good, works with poisons too. There's quite a few add-ons that are 'must have' in my opinion, so you'll have to be a bit more specific before I can recommend more.

Or you can just go on ESO UI and start browsing the most downloaded ones (just a convenient sorting option to see what's popular).
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you can just go on ESO UI and start browsing the most downloaded ones (just a convenient sorting option to see what's popular).

Tbh that's what I ended up doing. Some UI keep giving me alter messages so I had to disable them (sous chef :( ) but otherwise much fun is being had.
    Minion may not know where Steam installs are at or if you installed to a non stock location. Use the Settings to point Minion to your install of the game. Or your My Documents if that has been moved too.

Because, you really don't want to maintain your addons manually. There are updates after most patches, and, some addons are updated weekly.

I tried doing that but it still won't do >_> Ngh. Well, will try later. Thanks !

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can check the Minion.log file to see what happens.
    Search for it on your harddive.

Some basic Minion erros are:
    -You nee dto start it as administartor
    -Use the 32bit version even on a 64bit system
    -Do not have any special character in your windows username (only latin chars are supported)
    -Add Minion to you whitelist in firewall and antivirus tools
    -Disable proxy server if used

The minion.log should show you whehre it stops to load or do anything, so this is the best to start.
    Check the www.esoui.com forums -> Minion threds to get additional help.
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also look for add-ons that have multi-util. For example AUI has a nice map built in, so you would not then need to run Votans.

Alphagear and Dressingroom are both great apps for building quick swap skill/gear sets for changing roles or playtypes. I prefer Alphagear as it also adds autorepair at merchant and auto soulgem use to recharging weapons as well as some other QoL improvements, all in a single app.

I actually use bits of AUI and LUI, each has some things they do better, I prefer LUI unit frames, for example, as it provides click on name functions, like teleport to player, disband, etc.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com