Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO: Summerset is Coming to the PTS!"

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not being a tester, will I be able to read the patch notes, or will they be posted on a separate section for testers only?

I believe the patch notes will be avaible for everyone to read, the NDA seems to be more about the chapter storyline, and main quests etc, which is totally understandable.
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Natch Potes? :#

Just finished the draft last night! 47 glorious pages.
    Do they come in bound hardback as well?

:D
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derlfak wrote: »
    So how can I get an invite for Summerset? How does it work? Do you apply or just hope you're selected?

Hope you are selected

If you participated in ESO Morrowind on PTS you don't need an email invite, just login to PTS on or after April 16th. Remember, Summer set content is under NDA. No comments outside of the PTS Summerset Beta Forum.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild

• krismissee82
    krismissee82
    ✭✭✭
    Auldjohn wrote: »
    Derlfak wrote: »
    So how can I get an invite for Summerset? How does it work? Do you apply or just hope you're selected?

Hope you are selected

If you participated in ESO Morrowind on PTS you don't need an email invite, just login to PTS on or after April 16th. Remember, Summer set content is under NDA. No comments outside of the PTS Summerset Beta Forum.

... I was replying to someone who was not the in the MW beta testing, so they have to cross their fingers that they are selected this year.
    Kaelindi - Stamblade
    Maelindi - Magblade
    Lindi - Magblade healer
    Lindi the Builder - Stamblade
    Lindi Stardust - Magplar
    PC NA
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same testers will get invites from last time . Sounds good .

One way to get me to play ESO more. Looks like I'll be leveling a new toon with drops only and no CP again. But as others mentioned, no invite needed

You CAN create a Summerset Beta template CP toon. PTS templates (top left corner of Character Creation) are maxxed CP, customized for the Build.
    Edited by Auldjohn on April 13, 2018 7:21PM

• GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not being a tester, will I be able to read the patch notes, or will they be posted on a separate section for testers only?

I believe the patch notes will be avaible for everyone to read, the NDA seems to be more about the chapter storyline, and main quests etc, which is totally understandable.

Hope so. I love reading through the pts patch notes especially when theres that much new stuff.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Hope so. I love reading through the pts patch notes especially when theres that much new stuff.

we're going to find out in less than 3 days. Normally I'm also very excited about patch notes, but this time I'm really scared, as this patch is the decision maker for me, to buy summerset or not.

It looks very promising so far. But morrowind was also promising, which left me with a very bitter taste.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 13, 2018 7:34PM
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IIRC last year you originally had to be a beta tester to read the patch notes since they were posted in a beta user only room on these forums. However shortly after that a redacted version was made available on the regular PTS forum.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there was atleast a dlc with mainly a pvp update.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what is that motif that the players are wearing in the PTS promo picture? I know I will find out soon™ enough. But I was wondering for a news nuggets @ZOS_GinaBruno .
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rygonix wrote: »
    Like my time in the Morrowind Beta I am excited to see how the this Chapter evolves prior to release. I am a bit more experienced in the game than I was last year so I should be more capable of giving better feedback.
    I could be wrong but I am sure only the NDA on combat changes etc. was dropped (as Morrowind came with full NDA on everything sold in the expansion) but the story remained throughout.
    Again could be wrong, but that's how I remember it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Everyone will be able to read the patch notes and the entire PTS section of the forums as long as you're logged in.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have new tester invitations been sent out already?

I wasn't around for the Morrowind PTS, but I would really like to participate in testing for this chapter.

I certainly hope that invitations aren't sent out on a pure RNG basis...
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it time for the Hype train? is Thanos gonna be happy?
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    How do you decide who to send invitations to? I'm looking forward to reading the patch notes on Monday.
  • nouagea
    nouagea
    Soul Shriven
    Can't wait for those delicious patch notes come Monday.
    "May the waters of perdition part your resolve."
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didnt get invite to morrowind, can I get one to this one please. Thanks!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Have new tester invitations been sent out already?

I wasn't around for the Morrowind PTS, but I would really like to participate in testing for this chapter.

I certainly hope that invitations aren't sent out on a pure RNG basis...

Not yet, they're going out throughout the day on Monday.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    Where do we go to get the quest to get to summerset?
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am going to be on pins and needles waiting for the PTS to be updated tomorrow. I know not to expect it until nearly evening, but there are some very needed changes coming. I think that I am more excited about jewelrycrafting and two handed weapons being two slots than I am for the quest itself.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I pray to get a Invite in the Mail, Im playing, like today around 10 to 15 hours daily, with one day a wek not so much lol and bought the Digital Collectors Upgrade. Well, one can only hope
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • Sparky617
    Sparky617
    ✭✭✭
    What time does the PTS open up with Summerset?
  • RiverBrian
    RiverBrian
    ✭✭✭
    Sparky617 wrote: »
    What time does the PTS open up with Summerset?

Maintenance starts at 10 am so I wouldn't expect it to be live until late afternoon. So start up the launcher and go to work, and when you get home it should be downloaded and ready to go.
  • toddwub17_ESO
    toddwub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    yes I logged into pts and have tried to do the quest,where I save the girl from the cave in auridon,where she is being cocooned by spiders.well I finsh killing spiders,and destroy the two pillars the one she is strapped down to is the last one. as I destroy it,she lands on ground and says we need to get out of here.and twice I have been kicked/logged out of game.i need to log back in,and then I am standing outside of building in auridon,as if I hadn't done anything.i tried to do it again and when I get to the spiders den again she is again being cocooned,as if I haven't done anything.so what do I do now
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay Zeni, no spoilers on the quests but I have to say you finally seem to be getting player housing right. I am blown away by how beautiful the new homes and furnishings are. Most of it looks like High Middle Ages pieces. Now, I am BEGGING you, PLEASE do not make it as difficult to get the patterns for as you have the Morrowind furnishings. Seriously, I am BEGGING you.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!