The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How does one find a PvP group

Datolite
Datolite
✭✭✭✭✭
For those of us who aren't scrubs and are tired or getting steamrolled by premades and getting grouped with CP82s. Where do you guys find groups for BGs?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Joining or creating a PvP focused guild.

Guilds are the best way to have contact with a large number of similar minded players who you can make groups from.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And where does one find these... "PvP Guilds"?
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Play BGs with PUGs, get in a match with a decent player, ask if s/he wants to continue as group. Repeat. That's what I be done and worked well
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play a lot of solo BGs and usually do well. I started getting group invites by players who liked how I played. Eventually I got into a couple BG guilds. Now it's just a matter of 'lfg' in guild chat.

If you focus on objectives, don't act disrespectful, and are willing to communicate people will notice.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a guild
    Or type LFG in zone text chat and get grouped.then ask if they have BG players / guild

Or when you win one messages your team mates
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    I always just find a group through zone chat once I get to Cyrodiil and then if you enjoy running with that group ask for an inv to their PVP guild and 9 times out of 10 they'll let you and now you have a group to play with whenever you want to group up in Cyrodiil!
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can find guilds by posting in the relevant sections on these forums. There is one for each format and server.

Otherwise I think it's asking in zone chats or just starting your own and inviting like minded players.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vifen
    Vifen
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    You can find guilds by posting in the relevant sections on these forums. There is one for each format and server.

Otherwise I think it's asking in zone chats or just starting your own and inviting like minded players.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/guild-recruitment
    PC EU

G Strongarm - 50 sorc
    Vifen Ah - 50 dk crafter
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will give it a shot, thanks all.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There aren’t a lot of active BG guilds on PC NA

I think you’re better off using your friends list. Add good players to your friends list.

The suggestions of grouping with players who you pug with is good. I took a different approach. I group up with players who kill me.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *Cough*
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of us who aren't scrubs and are tired or getting steamrolled by premades and getting grouped with CP82s. Where do you guys find groups for BGs?

CP82's don't matter in battlegrounds. BG's are no cp, so again, cp is no indication of a player's skill.
    That cp82 player probably leveled doing under 50 battlegrounds.
    If it's a bad player, then it's a bad player, but cp's aren't the reason. They literally mean nothing in battlegrounds.
    Edited by Kel on April 12, 2018 7:37PM
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    C
    jabrone77 wrote: »

CP82's don't matter in battlegrounds. BG's are no cp, so again, cp is no indication of a player's skill.
    If it's a bad player, then it's a bad player, but cp's aren't the reason. They literally mean nothing in battlegrounds.

They do matter because they are at a big disadvantage gear wise since they don’t have max cp gear
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By using super power of conversation
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "LFG BOSS"
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    C

They do matter because they are at a big disadvantage gear wise since they don’t have max cp gear

I've seen under 50 battleground players with full sets and gear golded out.
    Sure, if you're going in there without some sets, ok. Fair point.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ask in zone chat for a pvp battlegrounds guild ingame.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    C

I've seen under 50 battleground players with full sets and gear golded out.
    Sure, if you're going in there without some sets, ok. Fair point.
    Those "twinks" in the lower level Battlegrounds probably have a lot of CP on their account. When it comes to truly new(ish) players, they almost certainly don't have the funds necessary to be golding out all of their gear, especially not multiple times across multiple levels. Perhaps some of the ones that do a lot of buying and reselling at guild traders do, but it's not going to be the norm.

Genuinely new players are at a huge disadvantage in both brackets of BGs, and not just because of a lack of experience in the game. Having same-level set gear in the lower brackets makes an enormous difference in both damage done and survivability, and new people that are just picking up what they can from questing and/or their own crafting are so badly outclassed that it's not funny. Now bump those same players up to level 50 + a handful of CP, and not much changes; non-max level quested and self crafted gear just isn't going to cut it.
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup I start paying less attention to cp at around 200 for stam nb and 300 for other classes because by this point they will have had enough time to get good gear and practice
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrlynsch wrote: »
    *Cough*

We must have different play times man cause I haven't seen you on!