Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lightning staff choices for healers

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
The argument for healers carrying a Charged lightning staff starts:
  • Somebody should do it.
  • Better the healer than somebody who is optimizing DPS.

The argument that somebody should do it has been:
  • Concussed is good to cause for its own sake, because it's likely to be only source of Minor Vulnerability, which is good stuff.
  • Further, assuming Lightning Blockade is up, Concussion also leads to Off-Balance.

The last part of that has been nerfed with the limitations on Off-Balance. Should healers follow this approach even so? Or do Infused staffs with Weapon Damage enchantments (for example) now make more sense?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way, the one healing set lightning staff I have transmuted so far with the flood of crystals we're getting in the event was to Infused. But that was a Molag Kena's Touch, and since it's a named drop I expect to get another one of it at some point. So I didn't think too long about the choice.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never liked the positional limitation of blockade and the nerf made me more comfortable dropping blockade and putting reflective light back on my bar. * shrugs *
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never liked the positional limitation of blockade and the nerf made me more comfortable dropping blockade and putting reflective light back on my bar. * shrugs *

I usually carry both. My destro bar, by default, is:
    • Blockade
    • Shards
    • Reflective Light
    • Purifying Light
    • Elemental Drain
    • (Ultimate)

Purifying Light is basically flexed with Sweeps.
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    atm infallible aether got very popular again for healers. this set applies minor vulnerability on a heavy attack. especially it gets used, where elemental blockade cant be used for reason or additional to blockade.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Blockade
    • Shards
    • Reflective Light
    • Purifying Light
    • Elemental Drain
    • (Ultimate)

Wow, I'm running the exact same skills on my destro bar except I'm running Sweeps vs Blockade.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

• Blockade
    • Shards
    • Reflective Light
    • Purifying Light
    • Elemental Drain
    • (Ultimate)

Wow, I'm running the exact same skills on my destro bar except I'm running Sweeps vs Blockade.

Wow I am running the exact same skills on my bar exept instead of reflective light, I have radiant glory.

Front bar master resto is

*vampires bane,
    * Honor the dead(that will be replaced with ritual of rebirth next patch),
    * extended ritual,
    * springs,
    * combat prayer.
    * solar prison since the extra 10% chd from piercing spear is getting taken away from heals.