Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC US Vivec Faction Lock campaign

Moosey27
Moosey27
✭✭
There needs to be a faction lock on Vivec, or at least diminishing return for faction jumpers. It's not fair to an entire faction that 1 guy can troll a scroll and give it back to their main faction. I think diminishing return will work best, so you can still switch factions, but it will reset you alliance tier level to zero, switch again it's -250,00 AP caps out at a -1,000,000 AP, and you would have to work much harder for tier rewards. You can still switch, but there is punishment for doing so.
Edited by Moosey27 on March 23, 2018 8:36PM
  • Ekoe1954
    Ekoe1954
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for a locked in for the length of the campaign commitment, but I have to say, your ideas also make a lot of sense. One thing is certain, faction jumping is becoming a serious issue, and is undermining pvp and ESO need to do something about it instead of just ignoring it.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that folks can jump campaign to campaign/faction to faction and totally change the results on the battlefield is rediculous and corrupts the very premise of this great game. A ferocious war, devastating to all 3 factions, would never allow for such lack of loyalty. People fight VERY hard to win campaigns.....and this is especially true of the 30 day ones. It's not fair that the outcome can be determined by locust like AP prostitutes.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be in favor of this except for...

PC/NA Vivec is the only CP campaign thats competitive in most timezones, unlike Shor, which is competitive during primetime.

Therefore, if someone wants to play competitive PVP at any time of day, Vivec is that campaign.

So this effectively locks out or punishes people for PVPing with friends on other factions on the only competitive CP campaign at the same time that it disincentivizes spying and and farming end of campaign rewards on other characters.

I mean, if your ultimate goal is to drive people over to Shor though, carry on. That's what the main impact of your suggestion would be.
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil used to be about playing for an alliance. Now it's about playing with friends and is basically just a personal playground where you can switch sides on a whim.

It's become totally meaningless. No wonder the rewards are so lame and everyone is bored.

• Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    I would even favor reducing the 30 day campaign's duration to two weeks. But regardless, the argument that people "wanna just play with my friends" is a weak one IMO because said friends can simply coordinate which faction to be loyal to for that campaign. Every choice in life, ingame and out, has positives and negatives associated with it. But, in general, I think the issues brought about by faction/campaign hopping are so detrimental to the game that whatever small inconveniences from faction locking are well worth it.
    I would be in favor of this except for...

PC/NA Vivec is the only CP campaign thats competitive in most timezones, unlike Shor, which is competitive during primetime.

Therefore, if someone wants to play competitive PVP at any time of day, Vivec is that campaign.

So this effectively locks out or punishes people for PVPing with friends on other factions on the only competitive CP campaign at the same time that it disincentivizes spying and and farming end of campaign rewards on other characters.

I mean, if your ultimate goal is to drive people over to Shor though, carry on. That's what the main impact of your suggestion would be.

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, at this point in the game's life cycle, with the changes that have already been implemented in 1 Tamriel, the only thing that choosing an alliance at character creation should do is determine your starting point for entering the game, where you start the main quest line and subsequent Cadwell quests, and which undaunted camp you use. PvP alliance should be handled differently. There should be faction recruitment centers that you visit before you can enter a campaign, and there sign up to represent a particular alliance for the duration of that campaign with all of your characters account wide. It gives you the freedom to play all of your characters for any alliance of your choosing, but you are locked into the alliance you choose for the duration of the campaign. After it is over you can up and switch to a different alliance for the next campaign with all of your characters to now play for that alliance if you so choose. As a person with 12/12 DC characters who will never switch alliances I see this as the best middle ground between faction loyalists and faction hoppers. It allows multi-faction guilds to declare for an alliance each time a new campaign begins and all of these friends can play together with any of their characters for the alliance that their guild picks once a new campaign begins.
  • Fivefivesix
    Fivefivesix
    ✭✭✭
    I am a loyal DC player and I'm for faction locking campaigns for obvious reasons. It's annoying to me that people faction swap but if people are doing it to play with their friends then I cant really blame them.

One option would be to have separate campaigns where one is locked and the other is not. The problem I see with this though is it might spread the player count to thin per server.

I think diminishing returns is a good idea and I would be in favor of that. It would not completely stop the faction swapping but it would cut it down quite a bit.
    United we stand, divided we fall.
  • pcar944
    pcar944
    ✭✭✭✭
    only thing is, if the guilds that play PVP say "we are going to play here" and they all end up on same alliance, not all, gut it only takes 2-3 good coordinated groups to roll the map

how are you going to deal with that

at any point during the day, different factions have "down time" where a faction that HAS a coordinated PVP group or guild, that just rolls through the map, what would stop a Oceanic guild to coordinated with a dominate faction guild, and sell ranks and Emperor titles?

what I'm saying is, yes locking into a faction should be a thing for duration of campaign, but it hardly solves anything

1 Tamriel, as far as Cyrodil goes, should have never happened, it should have only been for PVE and not PVP
    Edited by pcar944 on April 27, 2018 10:08AM
    One Tamriel killed PVP

DC Magicka Orc Necromancer climbing those ranks ...
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUT I WANNA PLAY WITH FRIENDS I WANNA WANNA NOW! = pathetic feelings.
    Faction lock = assists on having a balanced game.

Competitive games should be balanced around logic, integrity and reason, not feelings.
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Made this suggestion in a bygone era:

Screw factions.
    When people or groups jump to cyro, they get auto assigned to the lowest population (similar to battlegrounds)
    Make the alliance war just flavor text and AP bonus gains. (similar to battlegrounds)
    Rewards based on leader board standings.
    Create a new leader board that lists the Guild with the most AP.

Issue resolved.