The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Psijic Order

SapiarchofScrying
SapiarchofScrying
Soul Shriven
"We are the ever elusive Psijic order, Masters of time and mysticism, only the greatest of magic users can join there ranks. What? You're a axe wielding barbarian who's never casted a spell in his life? How would you like to join our ranks?"
Is there a lore explanation for this or is it just gameplay mechanics (I'm thinking the latter)
  • Merlian
    Merlian
    ✭✭✭
    I would venture to guess and say it's probably just a game play mechanic, but I haven't seen how the player character is recruited in game yet so who know.
    PC NA
    |Merlian Nightstalker| - DC Imperial Magicka Dragonknight
    |Nix Nightstalker| - EP Imperial Stamina Sorccer
    |Kragdin Longrock| - DC Imperial Stamina Templar
    |Zane Killian| - EP Dunmer Magicka Nightblade
    |Alyia Bekker| - DC Breton Magicka Warden
    "If the job were easy, it wouldn't be any fun!"
  • Patouf
    Patouf
    ✭✭✭
    Magic is all ! These words are magick'users, weapons like axe have no place in strong hand !

I hope their will be some mytic spells with Summerset !

Sorcerer/Warden have conjuration.

All class have destruction/alteration/restoration.

I would like to see mysticism and illusion for next class ! I do not want a necro'class !
    Ruined Laggy Broken Game
    Sithis & Psijic Order
    Sithis and spacetime. From nothing to everything.
    Dark, Aurbis, Aetherius-Oblivion, Mundus, Nirn, Tamriel. Dark again, something else.
    Dark is categorical, the absolute zero.
    VØID

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "We are the ever elusive Psijic order, Masters of time and mysticism, only the greatest of magic users can join there ranks. What? You're a axe wielding barbarian who's never casted a spell in his life? How would you like to join our ranks?"
    Is there a lore explanation for this or is it just gameplay mechanics (I'm thinking the latter)

I'm an axe-wielding barbarian who never cast a spell in my life (except for magicka class skills before I got my stam morphs, of course) but I'm also the barbarian who chopped off Mannimarco's head - remember him, the necromancer you expelled- saved another alumnus Vanus Galerion, defeated Molag Bal in single combat, rescued Vivec and Sotha Sil from Daedric machinations, and now I'm here to solve your problems. With my axe.

Why exactly don't you want me in your Order?

(And if I haven't done all those things yet, Ive got the potential to do them, and guess what? The Psijics can see the future and know that I'm going to do great things. Best get me on their side early.)
  • LadyNerevar
    LadyNerevar
    ✭✭✭
    While the Psijics are definitely all about magic, they're also all about advising people in power and guiding the world in ways that they consider just and proper. Your axe wielding barbarian, being either a vestige who managed to defeat Mannimarco or a random adventurer who happened to drive off Daedric threats, falls into the latter camp, and would definitely be someone the Psijics would be interested in.
    Librarian at the Imperial Library
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Let's see... I roflstomped Molag Bal. Yep, I think I can join.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • SapiarchofScrying
    SapiarchofScrying
    Soul Shriven
    While the Psijics are definitely all about magic, they're also all about advising people in power and guiding the world in ways that they consider just and proper. Your axe wielding barbarian, being either a vestige who managed to defeat Mannimarco or a random adventurer who happened to drive off Daedric threats, falls into the latter camp, and would definitely be someone the Psijics would be interested in.

Yeah, they are about advising people but the members are all those trained in the mystic arts. If they decided to go talk to the warrior vestige, or ask to work with them that would make sense (considering they had a good relationship with Ayem) but to ask them to join?? And I'm pretty sure the order isn't going around looking for people who are really strong and can hit hard, they are about magic. Not about saving Nirn with a hammer but MAGIC. Unless thats being retconned.
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We are the hero the defeated Molag-Bal, and help numerous people/gods across Tamerial.

If you were a secret order, having muscle around magicka or stam who did that would be a huge plus. :)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, they are about advising people but the members are all those trained in the mystic arts. If they decided to go talk to the warrior vestige, or ask to work with them that would make sense (considering they had a good relationship with Ayem) but to ask them to join?? And I'm pretty sure the order isn't going around looking for people who are really strong and can hit hard, they are about magic. Not about saving Nirn with a hammer but MAGIC. Unless thats being retconned.

The Psijic Order showed up to advise my Dragonborn in Skyrim who, wait for it, can become the Archmage of the College of Winterhold with only knowing one or two spells. Let's not talk about becoming the Archmage of the Arcane University in Oblivion.
  • Enokariel
    Enokariel
    ✭✭✭
    I think the joining should be considered in a more symbolical way: "Oh hero, you helped us, we'll teach you a few tricks."
    Edited by Enokariel on April 10, 2018 12:08PM
  • Druachan
    Druachan
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it’s tryouts or they are having an open day? I’m guessing my sorcerer who also kicked the same butts will have no problem being accepted.
    Say please, before you AAAAAaaaarrrgghhh at me.