Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

smooth start

Wolfshead
Wolfshead
✭✭✭✭
I just have to say thank you for smooth start of ESO i have not been in many MMO where start have been this smooth :smiley: and i was little worry about lag on EU server for it is still in US but no lag at all good work guys :smiley: keep it up :) i just miss a general forum part on this page ;)
Edited by Wolfshead on March 30, 2014 2:07PM
If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
What we do in life, echoes in eternity
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, has been smooth. Should not be to surprising, fewer players than in the beta.
    It will be an good idea to be out of the level 1-15 area the 4.4
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Rekae
    Rekae
    What Zaria said about being out of the beginning areas lol :smiley: but then again just means more potential guild members/new friends
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zaria 100% agree, although I might hang back and help a few people, plus I have friends that don't have early access. :#
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Hule
    Hule
    Fewer players than in beta? Playing in AD zones was a problem to complete some quests. There was one quest on starter island that consist of lootig some plans on ground. Like 50 players standing there.
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hule wrote: »
    Fewer players than in beta? Playing in AD zones was a problem to complete some quests. There was one quest on starter island that consist of lootig some plans on ground. Like 50 players standing there.

Yeah but honest it was nice to see so many player to be honest :)

If you find yourself alone, riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled; for you are in Elysium, and you're already dead
  • Suri
    Suri
    I have even been is early access MMO's that did not do as well as ESO has done. Yes in early access there are not as many players, but this has truly been one of the smoothest launches I have ever been apart of.
  • Woenprom
    Woenprom
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, that's why we have completely opposite feedback here. Lots of topics about constant lags/disconnects/unknown error, and now this topic about smooth start on EU. Probably the US cluster is overloaded right now?
    " Multiplayer? M'aiq does not know this word. You wish others to help you in your quest? Coward! "
  • Wolfshead
    Wolfshead
    ✭✭✭✭
    Woenprom wrote: »
    Hmm, that's why we have completely opposite feedback here. Lots of topics about constant lags/disconnects/unknown error, and now this topic about smooth start on EU. Probably the US cluster is overloaded right now?

Well as i start this early access i was worry with all lags/disconnects/unknown error you speak off after see all people i see everywhere but i did not get any of that i have hade more lag/disconnects/unknown error in WoW that is almost 10 year old game then i have in ESO and even AoC did have more lags/disconnects/unknown error at there launch even Vanguard and LOTOR have more problem then ESO have in EU and SWTOR we should not talk about all the problem have and still having.

So yeah EU have smooth start i dont know about US server for i not playing on that one maybe the have more problem i dont know.
    Edited by Wolfshead on April 1, 2014 5:58AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rekae wrote: »
    What Zaria said about being out of the beginning areas lol :smiley: but then again just means more potential guild members/new friends
    Obviously, im only talking about the rush from the 4.4 to 4.7-8.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • shadowz081
    shadowz081
    ✭✭✭
    Woenprom wrote: »
    Yeah I have heard people talking bout it on other forums. Strangely enough the only time I ever really lagged was there are large groups of players on my screen at once. Also haven't crashed once yet.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had one funny feature during launch, lots of players in the area, then you get up the dialogue view all players are hidden, however the pets still shows, i was surprised over the numbers of monkeys and baby guars behind questgiver before realizing this.
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    The start has been fairly smooth, though there are some major bugs that need immediate attention and hotfixing. There are several quests that are either impossible to complete, or take so long due to bugged spawns that they should be deemed broken. There are also a significant number of people having major login and zoning issues, I'm sadly one of them. There are times it takes me nearly an hour to get from one zone to another because during transition it times out stating "An Unknown Error Occured" and then you have to wait a good 5 minutes to even log back in as it'll freeze on Requesting character load.

Those issues aside, and they are fairly major, I think overall the launch has been fairly smooth! :)
  • Lenny
    Lenny
    ✭✭✭
    How about dat zero downtime and they are STILL working on bugs!
  • Felarrond
    Felarrond
    ✭✭✭
    Lenny wrote: »
    How about dat zero downtime and they are STILL working on bugs!

I think they actually did a rollback that fixed one or two quests, but there's still a couple of major quests that people can't finish, like the Suspicious Cargo in Daggerfall area, and the Dark Anchors are still not working well at all. A server reset might be a good temp fix for now.

• silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Speak of the devil...
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.