Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Abandoning a quest...

imystery
imystery
Soul Shriven
Well i was going through the main story quests and apparently for Council of the Five Companions i can't find a way to restart it. I made a decision by mistake and i hope it doesn't affect me later on. Is there any way of abandoning it that i don't know of?
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried going to the harborage? See what Prophet is up to. Or travel to a main town and see if he appears?

You can abandon quests from the journal but hard to do by mistake
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • imystery
    imystery
    Soul Shriven
    The problem isn't finding the quest its actually abandoning it or reseting. I simply can't find a way to do either :'(
  • SynodicOracle
    SynodicOracle
    ✭✭✭
    It's worth noting this isn't the kind of game where your decisions make a difference in quests, unlike a TellTale game for example. The ending is basically the same and you will never see or hear from those characters again.

You could try /reloadui , I'm unsure if main quests can be abandoned or not.
    @SynodicOracle
    "I'm a God, how can you kill a God? What a grand and intoxicating innocence"

I'm a PvE Healer but mostly play solo questing these days. Lore enthusiast and long-term Elder Scrolls Fan, dating back to Morrowind, but my favourite is Oblivion.

GUILD: The Thalmor Embassy PC EU
  • imystery
    imystery
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you very much, i'm going to try it and see if it works. I'm just happy that the decisions aren't to crucial because then i would have been a bit upset.
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, main quests can not be cancelled.
  • Lake
    Lake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imystery wrote: »
    Thank you very much, i'm going to try it and see if it works. I'm just happy that the decisions aren't to crucial because then i would have been a bit upset.

Warning: A very small handful of quest decisions in the entire game actually are important - and determine things like an extra skillpoint or not, and can't be re-done.