Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

If I use a race change token, do I restart all the skills?

hadrond
hadrond
Soul Shriven
regards:
lately I have considered investing in a token to change the race and appearance of my character, the issue is that it is my crafter character and I am afraid to lose all the levels of craftsmanship and skill points.

Best Answers

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No worries, that will not happen. You retain all the things the character knows or has completed.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
    Answer ✓
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hadrond wrote: »
    regards:
    lately I have considered investing in a token to change the race and appearance of my character, the issue is that it is my crafter character and I am afraid to lose all the levels of craftsmanship and skill points.
    You won't lose anything the character has done, but your skill points will reset (but not the Champion Points).

This makes sense since each class has its own skill tree.

Just put the skill points back and you're all set to go with your new race and looks. :)
    Answer ✓
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only points that reset are the points you put into the race passives. Everything else stays the same. The race passive skill points are refunded, so remember to re-allocate those on the new character.
  • Vostorn
    Vostorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    What about the motif book ?

Do I keep the knowledge of my first race ?

Do I get the knowledge of my new race ?
  • Effenkat
    Effenkat
    Soul Shriven
    Vostorn...im pretty much a noob in eso but i have changed a toon..looks like u keep your motifs..however ..realize your race can only change to another race u nder same flag...ex. Khajit to high or wood elf...you will have to buy "any race any allience as well to change to another allience ...like breton or dark elf etc.