The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

change inventory for easy management

timtipi2
timtipi2
i made ticked about this in beta, but ill put it here again to see what others think.

the inventory in the style of previous elder scrolls games is ok, but has alot of flaws.

specialy now with all the crafting, but more importantly the more rolls u might fullfull.

i played a templar, as healer dps and tank in beta. i carried a diffrent set of items for healing with me the whole time,
i had it in the bank for a while but i desided it was easier to keep it with me.
then having alot of bagspace, u keep playing long times before going to a vendor to sell stuff, the new items no longer are on top of the list because you opened the bag and maybe looked at them already. and all items are all over the screen again.

my problem is that i sold the 1 or more of those items multiple times, most of the times i could buy it back, other times i wasnt as Lucky because i sold much crap which bounched off the items of the buyback list.

i wanna be able to manage my inventory better, the mark as junk option is ok, but taking time to mark stuff as junk, is taking just as much time as clicking to sell at a vendor.

i understand if they wanna keep this type of inventory cause they might be affraid ppl gona say they ripped it off other mmos,

wait what actualy i dont, there is a reason basicly ALL other mmo's use grid style inventory, simply because managing resourses is important part of a mmo, specialy with a huge crafting system like eso.
i nvr had this in (the other mmo because i carried a bag specialy for my offset items)

but!

if it's to much work ( though there is half working addon for it)
atleast implant an option to: Mark item to be locked in ur bagg so u have to do 2 actions before u can sell the item and u cant accidently sell it anymore.

easy solution, but huge improvement for the game,
imagine finaly having crafted the weapon u wanted for ur 2e set, with the right stats and ending up selling it the next day in a hurry and figure it out to late.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, i understand the problem. I will probably circumvent it by marking the items that i don't want to sell as 'junk', and then avoid selling 'junk'. At least until a better solution becomes available.
  • timtipi2
    timtipi2
    well i know why they sticked with the list system.

thats because of consoles, i gues its easier for console users like this instead of a grid style inventory.

maybe give option which way u want to use ur inventory,
    or come up with an option to lock items to ur bag, like marking junk or something.
  • Lightor
    Lightor
    Soul Shriven
    While I see your point I do like this inventory system. But as you stated, a hotkey for "mark as junk" would go miles. As far as important items go I had a great idea for that! So I love how things are broken up into their own tabs, but, why not let us make our own tabs and "mark as 'myTab1'". This would really excite the OCD collector in me.
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I think a grid system is antiquated and much less flexible than a list system. There are a lot of good things about using a list, and I think there's ways to deal with this issue and still keep the list.

A simple mechanic to allow players to flag an item as unsellable should suffice. Of course, you could still sell the item if you needed to at some point, just remove the flag.

I also like the idea of creating our own inventory tabs. That may be something that could be accomplished with an addon.
  • timtipi2
    timtipi2
    yea i stated grid as an option aswell. just like tag as unsellable.

i need it to be grid, its just an easy solution because most players are used to it,

but the tag items unsellable, and having a special tab for it would be awsome.

id make a tab for items i dont wanna sell but disenchant to learn,
    id make a tab for healing set,
    maybe if im going nots even 1 tankier set.

once u buy alot of bag space it will only become harder to keep track of the items u wanna keep,

( talking about gear mostly ingridients have there tabs and usually i tend to keep it all or bank it)
  • myblackbox123
    myblackbox123
    ✭✭
    Eso is console friendly, which unfortunately will annoy pc users because they're 2 diverse systems.

Id prefer the icons for organizing my equipment, but not sure If it will ever be implemented.
  • timtipi2
    timtipi2
    grid is console friendly aswell, check diablo,

still i dontreally need grid, im totaly fine getting use to this, i played skyrim so not much to get used to,

there just some more options needed to sort ur own stuff, in this case i meanly mean gear as i wanna fulfull more roles and for that need diffrent item sets, and its annoying to find them between all trash u pick up, especialy once you get more bagspace.

i have outfitter addon, im rly sure if im gona stick with it, so its no issue when equiping other set anymore, still i happen to accidently sell 1 or more items when vendoring greenish items. figured it out to late so could not buyback,

that would nvr happened to me in ( the other mmo) where i had special bag for my tanking stuff.