The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Clockwork City Fishing

Skwor
Skwor
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I have cast over 1000 times, I have over 800 common fish to skin and still I have two blue fish missing to finish the achievement.

Do you really expect someone to cast over 5000 times to finish that achievement? It appears that the chance to get either of those fish is easily 1 in something greater than 1000. That seems a bit extreme for a single zone and an achievement that does not even give a title or memento.
Edited by Skwor on November 27, 2017 2:20AM
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is as annoying as fishing in Coldharbour. :)

It is doable, but time consuming.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    It is as annoying as fishing in Coldharbour. :)

It is doable, but time consuming.

I am a Master Angler, my issue is this should have some sort of reward associated with it, at least cold harbor was part of an achievement.

It is obvious that the three blue fish are on the same rng table, I have alread fished out the same blue wrasse 4 times approaching 2000 casts and still need the other two. This should be worth way more than just a few achievement points given the effort some will have to endure to complete.

I could easily see 3, 4 or 5 thousand casts to finish this, that is very extreme, especially since it only awards points.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It probably uses the same RNG as the Clockwork rare furnishing plans. Good luck in waiting for those fishes :). But if you already are Master Angler, why do you waste time for some points?
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skwor wrote: »
    Do you really expect someone to cast over 5000 times to finish that achievement?

No, just be grouped up with 4 or 5 other players and you will be pulling the Rare Fish on almost every cast. Its doing it solo that really sucks.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Alpine_Bill
    Alpine_Bill
    Soul Shriven
    Just a note of thanks for those who posted location and or pictures of where they caught the Ancestor Wrasse. This fish eluded me for weeks. Total in bait used for all Clockwork fish was over a thousand! Shame on ESo for making it so difficult for those of us who take the title Master Angler to heart. Why fish you might ask? Answer; why not.