Why you take money from my wallet without my permission?

matacopata
matacopata
Soul Shriven
Play game and I'm member Eso plus from day one on ps4. Ther was 2or 3 times when I did not play month or two but when i come back to game i allways renew membership. Now have again little pause from game and have little money on my wallet spare for day when i come back. I now its automatic to take money from wallet but this its stupid if someone forgot to cancel membership like i do. You will must change that because I'm not first and last with that problem. Irony its that i will be needed in end of this month membership when i will come back to game and i will don't have money for pay. Because of that i have filling you are stoling my money. You really needed to change that because i love this game don't have problem with paying eso plus member BUT paying for this months when i playing not when i have little pause from game .
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's true for most service subscriptions. The company must make clear the auto-renew terms, and it is the consumer's responsibility to cancel if they don't want ongoing charges. I don't find that Zeni has done anything wrong in this case.
    Edited by Reverb on April 10, 2018 1:24PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might be able to contact them via the support ticket system and choose billing issues to ask for a refund if this was unintended.

However ESO+ to my knowledge is always an auto-cycle and will continue to take money each billing period unless you stop it yourself.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, pretty sure ESO+ on consoles is a transaction between you and that console's marketplace. For example, I buy my subscription for ESO+ from Microsoft and I get charged through my Microsoft billing process.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the exact purpose of auto-renewing subscription systems. They wish you forget to cancel. And from what I hear from some guild mates, it works superbly well. Some quit playing for months and realize they're still subbed when they come back... and they've a bunch of crowns with which they buy crates straight away. Exactly how ZOS planned it (I don't blame them).

What I do to avoid this is :
    1/ sub
    2/ log into game to make sure ESO+ and crowns are there
    3/ unsub straight away. (No, you don't answer the phone, you don't go to the bathroom, none of it : you unsub straight away ! Else you'll forget ;-) )

No bad surprises with this strategy. Renewing my sub is always a conscious, positive choice from my side.
  • matacopata
    matacopata
    Soul Shriven
    I now Zos not do something wrong and its my mistake because forgot to cancel my membershp . I tell this because i now I'm not first and last what happen . Wrote only because of that that others learn on my mistake and if someone from Zos read this to some how change paying method to same how ask people for permission before every transaction not only one time. I forgot what permission i give before 3 years lol. I now why they do that . To i come back in game XD.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned something new. Thanks OP :) I'm so used to using PayPal, I guess I could use wallet to. That might help me a lot to, instead of using PayPal.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've learned something new. Thanks OP :) I'm so used to using PayPal, I guess I could use wallet to. That might help me a lot to, instead of using PayPal.

So in other words, more I think on this, If I put say $10 this month, than $35 next month. $125 at the end of next month and some more in Wallet in month after. I could save up money and buy all these crowns. To buy this house I want, but yet I prefer paying with gold though. But I wonder if that's how Wallet works?
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.