Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Magblade gear progression

The_Tarantian
The_Tarantian
✭✭✭
Greetings everyone.
Just like it says in title, I'm asking you guys to help me understand gear progression for PvE magblade.
Yes, I checked the AlcastHQ and some other resources, but I'm pretty sure you are not jumping straight from the Julianos + Willpower into Mechanical Acuity + Master Architect. There are always intermediate options and those I'm interested in.
Also, there is one more question - when does it make sense to turn your gear into legendary? Only the high-end gearset? Or, for example, legendar'íng your Julianos is not waste of resources at all?

TL:DR
HAALP
Erin Go Bragh, Erin go Braugh !
It's Irish for "you're ***".
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you do julianos + acuity?
    I don't know what you mean by gear progression, I make a build and run with that, not like I play with one build to make it easier to transition to another. Or do you mean progression In like obtaining sets? If so switch out the set you do not have for something else.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

Legendary your weapons the rest can wait.

Altough summerset is not here yet so you can't run julianos +acuity. Maybe war maiden.
    Edited by Yakidafi on April 8, 2018 12:42PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julionas +willpower is beginner friendly abd easy to get gear. It allows good dps, enough to compete in vet trials, where for example master architect drop. So basically you get easy gear to be able to get end game gear. As soon as you have the specific set pieces of master architect, you can craft acuity and then you are at the BiS point for the next big patch.
    Weapons should be goldes out first, since its a huge difference of around 200 spelldanage from epic to legendary. The body pieces are optional. You wont see much damage increase by golding it out.
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    Yakidafi wrote: »
    I would if I could craft jewelry. Don't wanna wait till Summerset.
    I don't know what you mean by gear progression, I make a build and run with that, not like I play with one build to make it easier to transition to another. Or do you mean progression In like obtaining sets?
    What I mean is the right way toward BiS.
    Checkmath wrote: »
    Julionas +willpower is beginner friendly abd easy to get gear. It allows good dps, enough to compete in vet trials, where for example master architect drop.
    So even Julianos + Willpowered will be enough for high-end PvE content?

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    BSW is very good on magblades. The best magblades I know run it in ranged fights instead of Master Architect. Until Summerset you could run 5x BSW (jewelry + 2x light body), 5x Julianos (infused fire staves, heavy chest, medium head/shoulder and 2x light body) and 1x Kena (light shoulder/head).

When Summerset launches you can replace Kena and the medium head/shoulder with something like Skoria, Zaan or Grothdarr. Just make sure you keep the 5L/1M/1H.

Technically you could also run Acuity instead of Julianos but that would work best with the vMA (or random) fire staff on the back bar. You dont want to proc Acuity on the back bar because that only makes your DoTs crit. It should proc on your front bar so you get crits with your Funnels, Merciless shot and Impale during execute phase.

I hope this makes sense, feel free to ask questions if you dont understand it.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know what you mean by gear progression, I make a build and run with that, not like I play with one build to make it easier to transition to another. Or do you mean progression In like obtaining sets? If so switch out the set you do not have for something else.
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sets

Legendary your weapons the rest can wait.

Altough summerset is not here yet so you can't run julianos +acuity. Maybe war maiden.

a better site, http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sets
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 julianos, 2 piece of a damage monsterset and 3 willpower are enough to pull out more than 30k dps, which is said border where you can clear every content in the game.
    i wouldnt pair julianos with acuity, since julianos provides a lot of crit and acuity will be diminished by that.
  • The_Tarantian
    The_Tarantian
    ✭✭✭
    I knew I could count on you, guys!
    Thank you all a lot, I really appreciate the help.

I think I'm gonna go with Julianos + Willpower + Monster Set (30k dps for me is more than enough) and Burnin Spellwave + Julianos + Kena (Mecha Acuity???), and not even gona bother myself with anything untill I can get my hands on Master Architect\Moondancer.