Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Achievements gated behind PvP

Minyassa
Minyassa
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I just discovered that it's not just the Player vs. Player achievements that cannot be done without PvP. I have just discovered that Tamriel Skyshard Hunter is not possible to do without it, and I would like to know what other achievements are just impossible to complete without PvP. I'd be grateful for any help with this. :) Achievements I am considering to be no-brainers to require PvP are the Player vs. Player ones, Cyrodiil questing achievements, and Midyear Mayhem.

So far I have:

Tamriel Skyshard Hunter
Tamriel Hero
Anchors Away (I just think the chance of managing a dolmen without other players arriving is minimal)

Ones I don't think contain unavoidable PvP but require entering Cyrodiil:

Master Angler (you can avoid PvP with stealth)
Cyrodiil Cave Delver (ditto)

Edited by Minyassa on April 8, 2018 3:03AM
  • iGuavaTH
    iGuavaTH
    ✭✭✭
    I got all the Cyrodiil achievements with almost zero PVP encounters.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was told that it is not possible to get to the skyshards inside enemy keeps without encountering enemies, which kinda makes sense. Stealth is not a viable solution in that situation.
  • Camb0Sl1ce
    Camb0Sl1ce
    ✭✭✭
    @Minyassa
    forgot the name of it, tamriel hero i think? but anyway there are dolmens in cyrodiil you need for it. master angler as well.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Camb0Sl1ce You can actually do Master Angler without PvPing! Stealth does work, none of the fishing spots are inside of a gate you can't sneak through.

Tamriel Hero does include the Cyrodiil quest lines, thank you, had not looked at that one yet.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Angler requires fish from Cyrodiil.
    The Dolmen one as well, I think. Anchors Away.
    The Cyrodiil Adventurer Quests +Delves Achievements.
    Midyear Mayhem festival achievements

This is by design, by the way. Cyrodiil is part of the base game, so any achievement that requires something from the whole of the base game includes Cyrodiil. Midyear Mayhem and Skyshard Hunter are the only ones that require,you or your faction to fight other players, but PVP might find you as you do all the others.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is by design, by the way. Cyrodiil is part of the base game, so any achievement that requires something from the whole of the base game includes Cyrodiil. Midyear Mayhem and Skyshard Hunter are the only ones that require,you or your faction to fight other players, but PVP might find you as you do all the others.

Are you sure? Those are the ones I'm looking for just to be certain.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

Are you sure? Those are the ones I'm looking for just to be certain.

Skyshard Hunter requires your faction to capture at least 2 back keeps in order to open the enemy gates. You don't have to PVP since you run through an empty gate in order to reach the skyshard once the gate is open, but your faction has to PVP.

The Midyear Mayhem achievements require getting the killing blow on 50 opponents. Theorectically you could capture a keep/district/win a Battleground without actually fighting back against another player. Unless you get a friend to let you kill them 50 times, you will have to get the killing blow on 50 opponents to get Star-Made Knight.