Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

NIRN AUCTION HOUSE

OPacemaker
OPacemaker
Soul Shriven
Is the Nirn Auction House add on against any ZOS rules?
Am I able to use it without any further "legal" problems?

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=1768#info

Best regards,
OPacemaker
@OPacemaker | PC / EU

Harenarius : Dragonknight | Fynaster: Sorcerer | Volcanum : Nightblade
Cérebrus : Necromancer  |  Proinnsias : Templar | Viriatos: Nightblade  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
" Your disguise is terrible by the way. You look like a character from a bad fantasy novel."
                                  - Abnur Tharn

Best Answers

• Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that can be made or achieved through the API that ZOS released themselves, is allowed. ;) If they don't approve of an add-on's functionality, they'll generally change the API instead of taking action against the add-on (or its maker). Allowed and safe are two different things, though, and when this particular add-on was first released (halfway through 2017), it triggered all sorts of virus warnings for several people. I've been told that has been fixed and taken care of, but I remain suspicious.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
    Answer ✓
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my understandings it's not against the TOS, however as Insane said it's always been treated with suspicion because it requires a stand alone .exe to work.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Answer ✓
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I know, this one falls, very solidly, under, "use at your own risk." If someone does figure out how to exploit vulnerabilities in the system to scam you, you're completely out of luck.
    Answer ✓
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    Anything that can be made or achieved through the API that ZOS released themselves, is allowed. ;) If they don't approve of an add-on's functionality, they'll generally change the API instead of taking action against the add-on (or its maker). Allowed and safe are two different things, though, and when this particular add-on was first released (halfway through 2017), it triggered all sorts of virus warnings for several people. I've been told that has been fixed and taken care of, but I remain suspicious.
    Nirn auction house, and TTC are not however solutions achieved through the API. I believe TTC asked ZOS prior to creating the .exe, but I'm not sure about nirn auction house. Regardless, for both the .exe file doesn't interact with the eso .exe so there isn't an issue with the TOS. But you should still be careful of any .exe files from a security standpoint.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
    Answer ✓
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone mentioned it contains an ".exe"-file. That suggests at least some testing is needed yet to confirm there is no malware.

That aside, it should be completely legit. As far as I understand, this addon simply provides automation of the mail system to conduct trade. Just like if you were trading through a regular chat, like zone for example, it takes away the necessity of conversation and goes straight to the wares to be traded.

I have seen such a systen, though without an exe file, that simply provided a seperate platform to do RP with, where information was only visible for other users of the same addon, just like this one does.
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!