The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PSA {Nirn Auction House} Addon End of the Guild Trader mafia system.

FearlessOne_2014
FearlessOne_2014
✭✭✭✭✭
You can get it from Minion or here.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1768-NirnAuctionHouse.html

Just got finished testing it with a guildie. Addon is legit. Bye Felicia! (Guild Traders)
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think trade guilds In pc breed some of the nicest and most social communities of people in the game, but looking teaser to trader I can see how it loses its appeal
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »
    I think trade guilds In pc breed some of the nicest and most social communities of people in the game, but looking teaser to trader I can see how it loses its appeal

I agree. However the current version of the guild trader system. Makes buying and selling in this game a real chore and takes away from the gameplay.

Also to mention, with this addon this nice person made. We can now sell and buy materials that was not worth selling on the guild trader. Due to requirements.

I support this addon!
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The guilds themselves are a mixed bag. I was in a trade guild for a while treated us all like corporate zombies, complete with memos. Kind of surprised there wasn’t a dress code...

Either way, there was a constant threat of being kicked out if we didn’t sell enough. Heh, I got kicked out - twice.
    Edited by srfrogg23 on April 5, 2018 1:19AM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like it could be a great addon, but I doubt it will be the complete downfall of guild traders. A great number of people don't use addons at all and some are just stubborn or perhaps prefer the trader system. I'll definitely check this out. It's the sort of thing that needs a critical mass of players before it really takes off.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems like it could be a great addon, but I doubt it will be the complete downfall of guild traders. A great number of people don't use addons at all and some are just stubborn or perhaps prefer the trader system. I'll definitely check this out. It's the sort of thing that needs a critical mass of players before it really takes off.

I agree.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Especially ones that need an exe to run
  • swifty3174
    swifty3174
    ✭✭✭
    Cpt_Teemo wrote: »

What is it exactly about the .exe that has you suspicious? Tamriel Trade Centre uses one and they do just fine?
    CP 990+
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Gelduin Greenwood: Bosmer Stamina Nightblade, Completionist
    Khunzar-do: Khajiit Magicka Necromancer, PVP
    Camandil: Altmer Magicka Warden, Healer
    Wulf Cosades: Imperial Health Dragonknight, Tank
    Elenwen Lloderion: Altmer Magicka Nightblade, DPS
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against PAWS SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    XP-End-is-Here.png
  • Klixen
    Klixen
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I really, really hope this takes off. Cause I can't tell you how much I hate the current Guild Trader system.

But for those who've tested it, how do you know it's safe?

I'm no computer expert, so I wouldn't know how to test something like this. So how do you know if something is malware?
  • GlennGVZ
    GlennGVZ
    ✭✭
    Hoping this works as advertised, will save a lot of hassles
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swifty3174 wrote: »

What is it exactly about the .exe that has you suspicious? Tamriel Trade Centre uses one and they do just fine?

Yeah I remember this addon being discussed from at least since Morrowind. If it's still around and gaining support after all this time, it's legit.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cause it's just asking to get backdoored if they ever hand off the Mod to some random person that either buys it or becomes in charge of it that isn't trust worthy
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

Yeah I remember this addon being discussed from at least since Morrowind. If it's still around and gaining support after all this time, it's legit.

Doesn't mean it'll be safe forever
  • swifty3174
    swifty3174
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not run any anti-virus/anti-malware Teemo?
    CP 990+
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Gelduin Greenwood: Bosmer Stamina Nightblade, Completionist
    Khunzar-do: Khajiit Magicka Necromancer, PVP
    Camandil: Altmer Magicka Warden, Healer
    Wulf Cosades: Imperial Health Dragonknight, Tank
    Elenwen Lloderion: Altmer Magicka Nightblade, DPS
    PAPSMEAR - Positively Against PAWS SMEAR campaign - Say YES to crown crates!
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really still don't understand why this needs to be a thing.
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since my Anti Virus program recently identified TTC as threat, I'm more than happy to test something new. I loathe the guild trader-system with a passion, because ain't nobody got time for this!
    I want convenience, not a riding-around-the-world-simulator.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If it means that prices will decrease I fully support it.
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since my Anti Virus program recently identified TTC as threat, I'm more than happy to test something new. I loathe the guild trader-system with a passion, because ain't nobody got time for this!

They both use an exe, so AV will flag both
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭

They both use an exe, so AV will flag both

Not sure about that. After all it worked for a long time.
    I would prefer ZoS getting their heads out of their collective behinds and finally implementing a decent trading system (e.g. auction house), of course. But I'll settle for second best - a player-invented solution.

• ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will check it out, thanks for the info.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    I really still don't understand why this needs to be a thing.

Yeah. This doesn't appeal to me and not just because i'm in a couple of bigger trade guilds. Also, I hate dealing with COD.
    Phage wrote: »

Doesn't mean it'll be safe forever

Several red flags are flying for me. I personally am not buying it's safe now.
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    srfrogg23 wrote: »

The guilds themselves are a mixed bag. I was in a trade guild for a while treated us all like corporate zombies, complete with memos. Kind of surprised there wasn’t a dress code...

Either way, there was a constant threat of being kicked out if we didn’t sell enough. Heh, I got kicked out - twice.

That was the reason you got booted the 2nd time, you violated the dress code.

I agree with the corporate zombie comment.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• NeroBad
    NeroBad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, but if this will truly take off and decrease the prices then the house prices should follow. I mean collect 4 million gold (for manors and their achievements) with highly decreased material prices will be 1-2 years. The sad thing It will benefit those who already gained 10-100 millions (or more), because they could buy out materials with bot programs (It won't be rocket science to make a bot program for this), and then rise prices for not so common items (for example Perfect Roe).Resellers now will have a perfect place to check for rare items, and will increase their price, but true the common goods prices will decrease (many of them to the point of vendor trash). But hope I'm wrong
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not touching this since I do like the guild traders, but I am curious on how this works in a practical sense.

Where do the items go that you are "listing"? Do they stay in your inventory? What happens if you log off? What happens if you switch to a different character?

Does the listing exist in the Ether and if someone wants to buy what you are "selling" you get a mail with a request?

This sounds pretty complicated and will potentially cause way more lag than Master Merchant ever did.
    The Moot Councillor
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    I'm not touching this since I do like the guild traders, but I am curious on how this works in a practical sense.

Where do the items go that you are "listing"? Do they stay in your inventory? What happens if you log off? What happens if you switch to a different character?

Does the listing exist in the Ether and if someone wants to buy what you are "selling" you get a mail with a request?

This sounds pretty complicated and will potentially cause way more lag than Master Merchant ever did.

The Addon connects through to the .exe. When it finds a transaction has been agreed to it hoovers the item out of your inventory and CODs it to the intended recipient.

However, that leaves you with an addon that has the authority to pull any item it wants out of your inventory, to shove it in your mail, which is not particularly comforting, when it's literally built off of someone else's code.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klixen wrote: »
    Oh I really, really hope this takes off. Cause I can't tell you how much I hate the current Guild Trader system.

I'm no computer expert, so I wouldn't know how to test something like this. So how do you know if something is malware?

As I recall, it's basically not. You're taking the author on faith that they're a "decent guy," and that they're not going to inject a keylogger into it at some point in the future. You're also taking it on faith that the .exe will work as intended, which... it's basically a retrofitted version of the TTC .exe. Now, that's fine if the addon is only supposed to relay pricing data, but it can become a serious problem when it has the authority to move stuff around.
  • ZeuZLoD
    ZeuZLoD
    The trading in this game needs a massive overhaul and badly. If you aren't in a a trading guild with a good location you are basically SoL, which is just sad for trying to sell stuff.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People need to just adapt to the Guild Trader system and stop trying to make this game like every other one.

Not touching this add on with a barge pole.

I don't use TTC either because I don't trust that the author doesn't 'hide' certain results from display, well rather refrain from displaying them, on the website, securing the lowest priced items for themselves since they are, if I am correct, never displayed to the public. I have no proof or anything against the author of it, and I even use the website, but I would not use the add on.

If you can display information on a website, you can also exclude certain data from being displayed. Again - not saying they ARE doing that! Just saying I don't want to get involved.

This is not a call out against the author; if you choose to use it you choose to accept all possibilities.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Klixen wrote: »

I big p
    Mureel wrote: »
    People need to just adapt to the Guild Trader system and stop trying to make this game like every other one.

Not touching this add on with a barge pole.

I don't use TTC either because I don't trust that the author doesn't 'hide' certain results from display, well rather refrain from displaying them, on the website, securing the lowest priced items for themselves since they are, if I am correct, never displayed to the public. I have no proof or anything against the author of it, and I even use the website, but I would not use the add on.

If you can display information on a website, you can also exclude certain data from being displayed. Again - not saying they ARE doing that! Just saying I don't want to get involved.

This is not a call out against the author; if you choose to use it you choose to accept all possibilities.

People have been adapting to the guild trader system since launch.

The guild trader system is just a super exculsive trading system. Where only people in good trader spots can really profit with.

Honestly the Guild Trader system, should just adapt to the needs of the players.

- A functional UI.
    - A way to search for items without having to spend their whole days searching for items.
    - More guild traders stalls in each town. (Like 10 or 15 instead of 5.)

There must be a push for a middle ground from what we have now. Or else WE the players will create a ultimate solution through the use of Addons. To completely forgo the guild trader system. As it is only accessible to a few guilds. Where everyone else just don't get access. Which is just flat out wrong!