The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Motif Ideas

Vanthras79
Vanthras79
✭✭✭✭✭
Vote for which motif you would want to see in the game.
Edited by Vanthras79 on March 29, 2018 2:10PM
Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

New Motif Ideas 61 votes

Chain Mail (even light and Heavy varieties)
21%
KendaricIruil_ESOKharnislirmieEnemy-of-ColdharbourCrusismWrubius_CoronariaSilverIce58JierdanitTelvanniWizardHappyLittleTreeChaos2088CompM4s 13 votes
Leather (even light and Heavy varieties)
8%
HermodDelpiKemosabe2point0SickleCiderWildRaptorX 5 votes
Colovian
3%
Asha_MarQuebraRegra 2 votes
Nibenses
8%
opajAetherderiusShadow_AkulaGaunterODimTensar 5 votes
Lich
14%
ashigrayLumsdenmlXDark_One13TyharVanthras79TyrobagvestahlsWaltherCarrawaySecretJoy 9 votes
Alyied (diferent from ancient elf)
8%
LaerothKeykalynKyboticaLindsC Morbidchemicalred_emu 5 votes
Mithril
14%
MasterSpatulaMufridTarukmocktoHeroUndyingGiantFruitFlyDiabolus1989Jacen_VeronFroilGoldneye 9 votes
Silver
3%
FaulgorZeni0s 2 votes
Dragonbone (DLC wise)
9%
ParasaurolophusApheriusJhalinSkanderSuicideRoachhexzilian13579 6 votes
Jagspur (a diferent wood elf motif)
8%
philips666_18b16_ESOAdamskiAldersFerrumnCutemLadislaoeso_nya 5 votes
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    other: Snow Elf.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lich
    other: Snow Elf.

Found in a long lost library, in a remote corner of Skyrim.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should make it so you can vote for multiple options. A lot of these are good ideas.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Aetherderius
    Aetherderius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nibenses
    All? These are great.

Nibenese has my vote simply because I would love to see an alternate Imperial motif, and because East Cyrodiil is my home :)
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver
    I voted for Silver because currently, all silver dyes in the game suck.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lich
    psychotrip wrote: »
    Should make it so you can vote for multiple options. A lot of these are good ideas.

Relatively new to the forums. How would I do that?

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are tons of motivs I could see coming someday...

Like extinct races/cultures motivs: Nedes, Chimer, Snow Elves, Atmorans, Aldmer, Direnni, etc.

And sub-group motivs, for territorial differences or special units: Ash'aba, Jagspur, Nibanese, Vinedusk Rangers, Shadowscales, etc.

Then religious - would it not be nifty to have one motiv for every divine? I mean, we -do- have "order of the hour", so why not something for the other seven divines as well? And if they get some... then the dardric princes might want too!

Materials... eh. Not exactly how the crafting system is set up... I mean, take chainmail, draugr heavy is chainmail for example, and I think barbaric heavy is leather-like... but instead of "silver" have a "order of the silver dawn" or "dawnguard" motiv and we are back on track!

Although personally, one motiv I really would love to see was a "Fur-clad Hunter" style - think similar to "Winterborn" but way less bone, and way more furs...
    7ae6375ef8f2cd78ec42bb1594bfcdb8.png
    ...something like that I guess...
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chain mail bikini.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d live to see a vampiric style, snow elf, fur and dragon bone/scale style
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Chain Mail (even light and Heavy varieties)
    A generic chainmail would be really nice. Like in this skyrim mod:

65926-7-1431688860.jpg

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65926/
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    Silver
    A motif who makes staffs looks good.
    Actually they are maelstrom staffs a flappy bird staffs.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worm Cult motifs are available through 4th B-Day bash right after Jester Festival.
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was just looking at a Geralt of Rivia statue with the Ursine armor and thought, that would be awesome armor in ESO. He has a lot of armor that would look cool in this game.

3000891.jpg

Here is his standard armor:

the-witcher-wild-hunt-geralt-of-rivia-statue-prime1-902851-03.jpg
    Edited by ANGEL_BtVS on March 30, 2018 11:25AM
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lich
    Just thought I would pass along this poll @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Vanthras79 on April 6, 2018 7:38PM

• Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what most of these would even look like but I would prefer to see some plated armor. Think Steel Plate Armor from Skyrim (but the back of the legs are plated too) or inspiration from real life variants.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More skin or form fitting
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since the introduction of outfits, I tend to think of gear in terms of pieces. I'd love to see an epaulet piece that includes a standing collar. Also, in terms of plate armor, I think we need some gorgets!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fang-Lair-Rubedo-Leather-Female-Close-Front.jpg
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/trappings-of-invigoration/
    Can not wait for this motif to drop, some who run vFL will get many hundred K for their work :)

Skirt is awesome, top is also excelent but might run others here.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.