The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How can i learn the other different crafting style

Dado.veroBzb16_ESO
Hi , I created a imperial PG , with nickel i can craft what i want ( but only for imperial)
but my question is : May I learn other different style of crafting ?? AND HOW ??
I saw that there are other materials but first , the game says : learn this style ..
tnks for helping and sorry for my english

Best Answers

• Dog73
    Dog73
    Soul Shriven
    You will find racial aspects books around the world. These are a blue drop and are tradeable so keep an eye out for people selling them in chat or in your guild store
    Answer ✓
  • Empiron
    Empiron
    Soul Shriven
    To craft armour in a different style than your current race you need to discover them through recipes or books.
    Answer ✓
  • Saboer
    Saboer
    Soul Shriven
    Yes you can learn different crafting styles. You have to find blue books called Motifs. Or buy them from other players. :)
    Answer ✓
  • ChanceofRust
    ChanceofRust
    ✭✭
    Firstly, you can learn other racial styles by finding them in game. They show up like provisioning recipes (though less frequently), in random loot from chests, trunks, dressers, etc. That will allow you to craft things in other styles as long as you have the necessary material, like for bosmer I always needed bone.

Secondly, once you get to a higher level, in beta it was about 15 for me, you'll reach new areas that had new/higher level crafting materials. You'll have to level up your blacksmithing/clothing/woodworking to be able to use the new crafting materials, but it will allow you to make 15+ level equipment.

I hope that helps!

Edited because my grammar is terrible today lol
    Edited by ChanceofRust on March 31, 2014 8:51AM
    Answer ✓
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is another way to learn motifs. Deconstruct items made in a different racial style than yours. It took three helmets to learn kajit style.
    If you roll a <insert race>, let him made some armor parts or weapons and put them in the bank you can get those with your main crafter. then deconstruct all of them and you gain knowledge of all styles in no time.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Answer ✓
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a few guides on finding motifs floating around the forum.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

Answer ✓
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is another way to learn motifs. Deconstruct items made in a different racial style than yours. It took three helmets to learn kajit style.
    If you roll a <insert race>, let him made some armor parts or weapons and put them in the bank you can get those with your main crafter. then deconstruct all of them and you gain knowledge of all styles in no time.

Is this true? Hadn't read this anywhere else. Makes sense, but seems like it would take some of the value out of finding the books.

Answer ✓
  • Skellan
    Skellan

Are you sure this works? i tired 10 helms with a different motif today and didnt learn anything ..granted its only a small sample size
    Edited by Skellan on March 31, 2014 4:35PM
    Answer ✓
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it works, but I can't tell you about chances. For me it was easy, three helmets and knowledge gained. Might just be dumb luck...

Answer ✓
  • therasia2_ESO
    therasia2_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Try to find those Motif books for the quickest way to learn the styles, I hear that the best chances at finding those are in Coldharbour? Not guaranteed of course! make sure you are searching thoroughly, you must open everything:) Good Luck and enjoy the hunt! :)
    Edited by therasia2_ESO on March 31, 2014 6:43PM
    Answer ✓
  • Dado.veroBzb16_ESO
    UNDERSTOOD ! , by the way thank you , i love this community.
  • phreatophile
    phreatophile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it works, but I can't tell you about chances. For me it was easy, three helmets and knowledge gained. Might just be dumb luck...
    Cool, thanks. I'll be giving this a try in a few hours.

• Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭

I crafted 8 level 1 and 10 level 12 helmets on a bosmer alt, and had my breton deconstruct all of them. All I got were a pile of ingots and bones (and can still only craft Breton style equipment).

Are you sure this works on LIVE? Or worked at all for you personally in beta?
    Edited by Shimond on March 31, 2014 11:57PM
  • Saahni
    Saahni
    Soul Shriven
    Shimond wrote: »
    I crafted 8 level 1 and 10 level 12 helmets on a bosmer alt, and had my breton deconstruct all of them. All I got were a pile of ingots and bones (and can still only craft Breton style equipment).

Are you sure this works on LIVE? Or worked at all for you personally in beta?

I also tried 8 level 1 items (Dunmer style, deconstruct on Breton) and this didn't work. Nor have I ever heard anyone else say they had learned a style that way. Seems like that would be rather too easy after all.
    Edited by Saahni on April 1, 2014 12:18AM
  • Darquer
    Darquer
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps try it with gear from a player on another account. I will test it and post back. It may take some time.
  • hrdndv_ESO
    hrdndv_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    All the style books were removed from Coldharbor, or random drops were just higher in early Beta. Last time I checked every container in Coldharbor and found zilch.
  • Cabius
    Cabius
    I just noticed this says "Answered" How do you turn your comment into an Answer? When I go to "Unanswered" it says no discussions found.
  • JamieK81
    JamieK81
    Try to find those Motif books for the quickest way to learn the styles, I hear that the best chances at finding those are in Coldharbour? Not guaranteed of course! make sure you are searching thoroughly, you must open everything:) Good Luck and enjoy the hunt! :)

Thats quite difficult when everything tends to be searched and looted already.
  • Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    IMPORTANT NOTE! PLEASE READ THIS!

Hi!

I checked it again and it didn't work for me again. I checked my sources
    and I think that rumor I was spreading is based on a translation error.
    In one of the 'ask a dev' threads it says breakdown of items will give racial *materials*. In an earlier verison I read it said it will give *motifs*.

I haven't found that info anywhere again, so I must admit that I gave wrong
    information. Please don't waste your materials to try getting racial motivs, it
    won't work. Do it to gain experience points for your main char.

But haven't I said I heard that in beta? Yes, maybe they failed for the same text or they were making fun of me...
    But haven't I said that it worked? That I gained khajit style? Yes, that too.
    I do have that style and I destroyed 3 helmets I made with a different char.
    But I think that was just a coincidence. I have autoloot on, maybe I picked
    up a book earlier without noticing it. Do I have to read it manually? I don't know.. mabye I did but I don't remember doing it.

Again, don't waste your materials. My advice is wrong.
    Sorry guys.

• Zahne
    Zahne
    ✭✭✭
    I have played 4 beta weekends, and been playing the real game since Sunday and I haven't found a single racial motif book
    My Stream
    Or watch on Honour TV
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭
    20 hours on one character and found just one book after looking every wardrobe, nightstand and trunk.
    Edited by ZoM_Head on April 1, 2014 8:43AM
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
  • Skellan
    Skellan
    IMPORTANT NOTE! PLEASE READ THIS!

Hi!

I checked it again and it didn't work for me again. I checked my sources
    and I think that rumor I was spreading is based on a translation error.
    In one of the 'ask a dev' threads it says breakdown of items will give racial *materials*. In an earlier verison I read it said it will give *motifs*.

I haven't found that info anywhere again, so I must admit that I gave wrong
    information. Please don't waste your materials to try getting racial motivs, it
    won't work. Do it to gain experience points for your main char.

But haven't I said I heard that in beta? Yes, maybe they failed for the same text or they were making fun of me...
    But haven't I said that it worked? That I gained khajit style? Yes, that too.
    I do have that style and I destroyed 3 helmets I made with a different char.
    But I think that was just a coincidence. I have autoloot on, maybe I picked
    up a book earlier without noticing it. Do I have to read it manually? I don't know.. mabye I did but I don't remember doing it.

Again, don't waste your materials. My advice is wrong.
    Sorry guys.

Thanks for clearing it up