The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Community Wiki

• Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    I've been adding information and guides by forum and reddit users with their permission - please feel free to add your own!
    Next dotGame is working on a guide on how to configure and use a controller with the game, I'm actually needing that :wink: -
    Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fexelea wrote: »
    Next dotGame is working on a guide on how to configure and use a controller with the game, I'm actually needing that :wink: -

Fexelea, here is some info that I hope can help you on how to configure a controller to work with ESO.

Mine specifically is a PS3 Controller.

The first thing you need is a third party program downloaded like Xpadder, Motionjoy or Pinnacle. They contain the emulator drivers in them.

Since I used motionjoy, I also downloaded another program called Better DS3 tool. It was also free and was much easier for doing my own mapping.

Here is what I put in for my controls. Though I have changed them slightly.

ps322_zps8036a026.jpg

These were for movement, directions and camera angles (first or third person) and sneaking.
    Because these are mimicing the mouse and movement in some way, there needs to be a dead zone in the axis otherwise you will have no real control. I put at 55%.

ps311_zpsce014fcd.jpg

Button Controls:

Triangle: I (Inventory)
    Square: E (for communicating with NPC and picking up items)
    Circle: Space (for Jumping)
    Cross: R (for ultimate attack and picking up everything

Select: M (Map)
    Start: H (Horse/Mount)

L1: Right Alt (Exit Menus)
    L2: Mouse Right Button (Attack with magic)

R1: Left Shift (Sprinting)
    R2: Mouse Left Button (Attack with Weapon)

DPAD:

UP: Q (Quick slot)
    DOWN: Comma (Forgot what that was for)
    LEFT: 1 (magic ability slot#1)
    RIGHT: 2 (magic ability slot#2)

The unfortunate thing about using a controller is that you have to be VERY selective in what abilities you are going to use. But once you get things all set, you hardly have to use the keyboard and mouse, although you still will from time to time.

There is also a bit of an issue with your Toon suddenly dodging on you. Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to stop this yet. It can get a little annoying so be aware it does happen.

I hope this helps someone.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    That's awesome thank you!!! :smiley:
    I'll add the info to wiki's controls page as well (with credits to you) so other confused souls can figure it out
    Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki