The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Betnikh: Unearthing the Past

Oogaci
Oogaci
✭✭✭
When killing the cultists (inside their ritual area) they are not spawning any motes at all.
There are six motes necessary to charge the Staff but none can be "captured" because they aren't spawning like they should be when the cultists dies within his ritual area.

On the plus side guess we don't have to wait for the Abomination of Hate to spawn if we cannot even get to that stage of the quest. :disappointed:
  • Seagonius
    Seagonius
    Seems like this is hit or miss. As many people don't have the problem as do. Unfortunately I'm stuck. Spend the best part of the two hours trying to figure this out, and didn't see a single mote drop in all that time.
  • Denidil
    Denidil
    ✭✭✭
    Just saw this myself - the required NPCs are not spawning.. which is odd because they're not a phased NPC. In beta one of the quest phased NPCs would block.. but now the unphased ones are missing. weird
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    I definitely had no issue with this quest. There are some cultists that have a circle around them, that definitely do not spawn any motes, but this is by design. I think it is necromancers perhaps that do spawn the motes. Maybe I'll start a new character and check again, but it shouldn't really be having any issues with spawning.
  • eobethb14_ESO
    eobethb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    Tons of people running around the area, after an hour of trying, I have ZERO motes. This quest needs some attention as it is not well designed.
  • GothicDrub14_ESO
    Yeah theres something every wrong with this quest, theres always people running around killing everything and no motes. Friend and I spent hours here and no motes.
    Edited by GothicDrub14_ESO on April 1, 2014 1:08AM
  • jaytrill11ub17_ESO
    So after 4 hours (2 early this morning and 2 just now) I finally got all 6 motes.This quest was bugged during beta but it was the abominations not the culitist. WIll be a real nightmare if these things cant be sorted out before official launch.
  • Heraclea
    Heraclea
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to be leaving the circles up when they're not supposed to. I found one spawn point that worked, where a cultist would appear, create the circle, and start the ritual. Killing that cultist dropped motes. The other ones would not, because their circles were not disappearing when the cultist was killed.

Also had difficulty on the Isle of Beatnik Orcs, with a quest requiring you to dual three warriors. Only found one that could be interacted with. The rest were stuck at partial health and not responsive.
    Hircine loves me, this I know,
    Your intestines told me so.

Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero
  • WeeMadAggie
    WeeMadAggie
    ✭✭
    Still bugged. Hotfixes would be appreciated here...
  • bruderus7b16_ESO
    Yep, still bugged, tried it for 2 hours now
  • Nojj
    Nojj
    Same here. Tried last night and then again this morning hoping the lower poulation would help...still nothing
  • Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would fix this quest, it was like this during the betas too