The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

My Pre-order just gone to Oblivion!

• knightinplaid
    knightinplaid
    Soul Shriven
    So after 5 days the pending charges just dropped of my card. I still haven't recieved an update to my 5 day old ticket but I'm expecting when I do it will be something like the above that says "you never bought it". Is it safe then to try and repurchase? Do I try and wait out a non responsive ticket process? @ZOS_BillE?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are still investigating the issue where entitlements are not being applied to an account. You should still open a support ticket if you've not done so. Our support team will keep you updated whenever we have more information.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    We are still investigating the issue where entitlements are not being applied to an account. You should still open a support ticket if you've not done so. Our support team will keep you updated whenever we have more information.

Any ETA? Bethesda refuses to reimburse me because already use the code.

I'm stuck in the middle.

A week now, and nothing.

Thank you.
    Edited by Chicharron on April 3, 2018 2:52PM
  • Cicero_The_Jester
    Cicero_The_Jester
    Soul Shriven
    sdjjghjbpeyr.png
  • knightinplaid
    knightinplaid
    Soul Shriven
    It has now been 8 days since I made 2 purchases that were not received. 8 days since I created a ticket 180328-000045 that I have not had contact with a support agent. Having no phone support for billing related issues is absurd. Abdicating responsibility by hiding behind a online only ticketing system with no clear ownership of incidents is equally absurd. I get that in game issues can be handled one way, but ignoring a widespread purchase issue and providing no communication is unacceptable. Should I make a twitter and hope social media will get the results the normal channels aren't? What other recourse is available?
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has now been 8 days since I made 2 purchases that were not received. 8 days since I created a ticket 180328-000045 that I have not had contact with a support agent. Having no phone support for billing related issues is absurd. Abdicating responsibility by hiding behind a online only ticketing system with no clear ownership of incidents is equally absurd. I get that in game issues can be handled one way, but ignoring a widespread purchase issue and providing no communication is unacceptable. Should I make a twitter and hope social media will get the results the normal channels aren't? What other recourse is available?

At least you can play, I can not even do that.

Try to get a refund and ESO Support says it's up to Bethesda, Bethesda says it's a problem with ESO Support and ESO support says otherwise.

It is a loop.

My only hope is that my problem with the code is fixed, but I doubt that really matters to them, I already lost the Jester Event and It is very likely that the Aniversary Event too.

They just give a f**k about our issues.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After many tickets, I finally get my refund.

The funny thing was the reason they gave of my problem:

"After a quick review of your purchase, I believe the primary issue that you ran into in this matter is that the purchase you made was for The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Collector's Upgrade. This was for $39.99 which is the price you paid on 03/27. This purchase did not come with the base Elder Scrolls Online as it mentioned in the store page you purchased this from. Here is that store page for reference: Bethesda Softworks Digital Store "

What a fool I was when I did not pay attention to the version I bought... WAIT, WHAT?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Anyway, lesson learned, never buy again at https://store.bethesda.net/

Good luck in your issues guys.
  • Vogdal
    Vogdal
    Soul Shriven
    Chicharron wrote: »

The funny thing was the reason they gave of my problem

What a fool I was when I did not pay attention to the version I bought... WAIT, WHAT?

It's more a matter that you purchased a version from Bethesda that did not apply to your account. You purchased an upgrade from them, whether by accident on your end or their end, meaning that it did not offer you the base game because the upgrade is for people who have purchased the base game already. (The ESO store even prevents you from buying the upgrade / base game alone depending on what your account's state is.)

But ESO and the receipt reported it as the Digital Standard edition. When it wasn't, in fact, the Digital Standard. So, no, don't buy from Bethesda because it's not official.

For the rest of the people having entitlement issues, though.

The reason it has taken so long for an update (to my understanding and nobody else's) is because various transactions were reported as going through successfully, but they weren't actually going through. ZOS wasn't actually getting the money for the purchases and therefore the site was not applying anybody's purchases to their accounts within a certain window.

Support probably tried to apply entitlements to peoples' missing purchases manually (after Easter) but found that they couldn't because the banks were withholding funds in case the transactions ever went through.

So, presumably after getting in contact with a number of banks, ZoS has just decided to get the banks to refund everybody's purchases and is advising that those affected repurchase the things they bought that didn't go through.
    So after 5 days the pending charges just dropped off of my card. I still haven't recieved an update to my 5 day old ticket but I'm expecting when I do it will be something like the above that says "you never bought it".

This might be a bit late, but you're free to repurchase your stuff if the money's back to you, you lucky dog. They've promised that the purchases will go through successfully this time - and given that other people have since bought things and have actually received them, there's no reason to doubt it.

My question is, @ZOS_BillE , are we getting any kind of compensation for this madness? Some people have been unable to play or have been without their purchases for a whole week or more, missing out on two limited-time annual events - and they still have to wait a few more days for the banks to cough up their money.
    Edited by Vogdal on April 5, 2018 11:44PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The funny thing was the reason they gave of my problem:

"After a quick review of your purchase, I believe the primary issue that you ran into in this matter is that the purchase you made was for The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Collector's Upgrade. This was for $39.99 which is the price you paid on 03/27. This purchase did not come with the base Elder Scrolls Online as it mentioned in the store page you purchased this from. Here is that store page for reference: Bethesda Softworks Digital Store "

I read the above to mean that you thought you ordered the base version of the game, as mentioned in the store and in the confirmation, but what the store page was actually selling (behind the scenes) was the Upgrade version.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • knightinplaid
    knightinplaid
    Soul Shriven
    Finally some resolution today,

First an email:
    Dear valued Elder Scrolls Online® customer,

Our records indicate that payment for one or more of your transactions last week failed while checking-out through the official Elder Scrolls Online digital store. Any missing products associated with a failed transaction will need to be repurchased.

You can visit the store at the following address: https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store.

Please note, it may take some time for your financial institution to clear the funds held for the failed transactions. For more information on this, please contact your bank or credit card company.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any questions or concerns, our Customer Service team is standing by to help.

Thank you!

- The Elder Scrolls Online Support Team

Then on my ticket

Greetings,
    We recently identified several transactions made through the ESO store that failed to process properly. Even though these transactions appeared to complete processing, they never did and the purchased items were never added player’s accounts. As a result of this, however, player’s financial institutions may have held funds in case the transaction ever completed processing.
    In order to help financial institutions to release the funds as soon as possible, we have attempted to force cancel the transactions. It may take 2-3 business days before the funds are released.
    Once they clear out, affected players should be able to attempt the purchase once again and no issues should persist.
    We recommend taking a few minutes to review your account, and check to see if you have any transactions outstanding for purchases that have not been properly granted. If you still have not seen the purchase clear after 2-3 days, please let us know and we will continue to investigate.
    Best Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team

As previously mentioned, my pending charges had already been reverted a couple days after being unprocessed for a week. However, not wanting to just have the same thing happen again and after not receiving any other direction from support or here on the forums I've been waiting to try and purchase again. So this afternoon, using the ESO store, I successfully bought and applied both the base game to a trial account and the upgrade to an existing account. So best of luck to the rest of you, the support and communication are awful and I hope you get your resolution soon.
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vogdal wrote: »

The funny thing was the reason they gave of my problem

It's more a matter that you purchased a version from Bethesda that did not apply to your account. You purchased an upgrade from them, whether by accident on your end or their end, meaning that it did not offer you the base game because the upgrade is for people who have purchased the base game already. (The ESO store even prevents you from buying the upgrade / base game alone depending on what your account's state is.)

But ESO and the receipt reported it as the Digital Standard edition. When it wasn't, in fact, the Digital Standard. So, no, don't buy from Bethesda because it's not official.

For the rest of the people having entitlement issues, though.

The reason it has taken so long for an update (to my understanding and nobody else's) is because various transactions were reported as going through successfully, but they weren't actually going through. ZOS wasn't actually getting the money for the purchases and therefore the site was not applying anybody's purchases to their accounts within a certain window.

Support probably tried to apply entitlements to peoples' missing purchases manually (after Easter) but found that they couldn't because the banks were withholding funds in case the transactions ever went through.

So, presumably after getting in contact with a number of banks, ZoS has just decided to get the banks to refund everybody's purchases and is advising that those affected repurchase the things they bought that didn't go through.
    So after 5 days the pending charges just dropped off of my card. I still haven't recieved an update to my 5 day old ticket but I'm expecting when I do it will be something like the above that says "you never bought it".

This might be a bit late, but you're free to repurchase your stuff if the money's back to you, you lucky dog. They've promised that the purchases will go through successfully this time - and given that other people have since bought things and have actually received them, there's no reason to doubt it.

My question is, @ZOS_BillE , are we getting any kind of compensation for this madness? Some people have been unable to play or have been without their purchases for a whole week or more, missing out on two limited-time annual events - and they still have to wait a few more days for the banks to cough up their money.

Right after ESO Support confirms my refund. I made a new account, this one was already cursed.

This time I bought the game from ESO Store and everything went perfectly.

Now, about compensation, I do not want anything for free, the only thing that hurts me is that I lost the opportunity to buy The Jester Personality.

So if at ZOS they feel like giving something, the only thing I want is The Jester Personality, I'm willing to pay for it.

I think I deserve it.
    Edited by Chicharron on April 6, 2018 3:15AM