The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

leather

adlplumbingb16_ESO
the drops for leather are really bad, it takes for ever to craft a full set of gear
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    Plus you can only get it from non-trivial mobs. That I really wish they would change.
  • Honn
    Honn
    ✭✭✭
    Deconstruct leather armors dropped by mobs to gain more materials.
  • adlplumbingb16_ESO
    I do still takes ages
  • redwoodtreesprite
    redwoodtreesprite
    ✭✭✭
    I plan to make good use of the Outfitter Hirelings.
  • TIMEandETERNITY
    A good way to amass leather is in skyrim, there wolves spawn frequently around the north west of town and you can briefly make a circle in the woods to keep running into freshly spawned wolves. Hope this helps!
    "Here's to me, and Here's to you, Here's to love and laughter. I'll be true, as long as you, but not a moment after."
  • Mylum
    Mylum
    I think it will be easier after the next few weeks, there will be more variety in levels and people we be branching out into other parts of the world. Too many people in small areas killing mobs and harvesting resource nodes.
  • Zed
    Zed
    ✭✭✭
    A good way to amass leather is in skyrim, there wolves spawn frequently around the north west of town and you can briefly make a circle in the woods to keep running into freshly spawned wolves. Hope this helps!

Similarly, there's a hamlet in Auridon with a large number of bears and wolves spawning around it. If you head north from the starting town, you should run in to it. But still, gathering leather is not exactly the most fun thing to do in the game.
    Spend spend spend! 'Cause you don't know any better.
  • adlplumbingb16_ESO
    if you min one scrap per kill, it would be easier
  • Kyosji
    Kyosji
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, you all may find this funny, but level 5 mudcrabs were dropping a crap ton of raw leather. It was my main source of it.
  • Naveed
    Naveed
    Me too. The crabs are key. Plenty of them and nobody kills them. They have a good drop rate I find.
  • RubyTigress
    RubyTigress
    ✭✭✭
    Mudcrabs, wolves, bears, all drop the rawhide scraps in starter areas. Go forth and slaughter!
  • Saeel
    Saeel
    I've heard that the mudcrabs are the best for getting leather scaps, but if you are just trying to level clothier to use cloth armor for leveling, and save the leather for when you want to make a piece of armor.
  • JamieK81
    JamieK81
    I have killed loads of wolves and they never drop the leather stuff, they need to make it drop more often or lower the crafting cost of the items, cause right now, they are not making it worth anything to craft, the only reason to craft is to actually have a set of gear to have some survivability, cause right now, you get nothing at all.
  • stevar
    stevar
    ✭✭✭
    leather can also be found on crabs!
    On wild game ( not hostile, but you can hunt them)
    on Alits
    On Bears.