Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

help: can not start the crafting certification quests on alt.

zaria
zaria
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
has one alt who had not done the crafting certification quests and find that the two crafting qualification questgivers will just talk about crafting information not giving the crafting quests.
CP720 but only done the first of the coldharbor quest, done first of the fighter guild quest, ran a lot of normal dungeons and some dolmens
is it some requirements for the crafting quests outside of above level 5 or something?
Or is the quest simply overloaded as we know quests can be.
Grinding just make you go in circles.
Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting!
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you in the first zone of your home alliance?

That's the only thing I can think of.

I have certified my characters at various levels and progression stages and never had an issue.
    The Moot Councillor
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    has one alt who had not done the crafting certification quests and find that the two crafting qualification questgivers will just talk about crafting information not giving the crafting quests.
    CP720 but only done the first of the coldharbor quest, done first of the fighter guild quest, ran a lot of normal dungeons and some dolmens
    is it some requirements for the crafting quests outside of above level 5 or something?
    Or is the quest simply overloaded as we know quests can be.

level 6 is the only requirement that i'm aware of

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I can think of is did you pick the quest up from a writ board to start with before talking to the NPC you get certified from? I just got all my lowbies certified and for each of them I had to pick the quest up from a writ board first.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VulKhel guard as an AD player, however character was created after Morrowind so go the morrowind tutorial rater than coldharbor.
    Went to vivec but can not find the crafting qualification quest giver. Think he is around the bank?

Edit: found Denjele Telleno who is probably the one for consumable in vivec but no quests from him either.
    Edited by zaria on April 4, 2018 9:00PM
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • oaflet
    oaflet
    ✭✭✭
    Did you read the writ boards in Vivec? The quest to go do the crafting certification *should* be picked up from there.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oaflet wrote: »
    Did you read the writ boards in Vivec? The quest to go do the crafting certification *should* be picked up from there.
    yes I read it got no quest marker either, its very strange. Know that the warden did his initial crafting quests in Vivec, probably second templar to, second nb aperantly did not
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    VulKhel guard as an AD player, however character was created after Morrowind so go the morrowind tutorial rater than coldharbor.
    Went to vivec but can not find the crafting qualification quest giver. Think he is around the bank?

Edit: found Denjele Telleno who is probably the one for consumable in vivec but no quests from him either.

I tend to find that I can only get the quests started in the "starter" city for my fraction. In the case of AD, this would be Vulkhel Guard. Daggerfall for DC, and Davon's Watch for EB.

Haven't tried in Vivec, But I've had 100% success so far with the starter city for my fraction.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oaflet wrote: »

This is correct, also have you tried looking in either the fighters guild or mages guild in Vulkul Guard rather than the boards

(outside the fighters guild in Daggerfall for DC)

Once you get one group of 3 cert. quests that NPC will point you to the other
    Edited by Gythral on April 4, 2018 9:16PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    temjiu wrote: »

I tend to find that I can only get the quests started in the "starter" city for my fraction. In the case of AD, this would be Vulkhel Guard. Daggerfall for DC, and Davon's Watch for EB.

Haven't tried in Vivec, But I've had 100% success so far with the starter city for my fraction.
    Know that warden did it in vivec, will try at more off hours, quest might be overloaded, this is an common issue with lauch quests.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@zaria

I did this last night with two characters made after Morrowind launch. I didn't have a problem with the following method :
    1. Grab quest from writ board in Rawl'kha (you can probably get it from any writ board, this is just the one that I used and confirmed worked)
    2. Go to HOME ALLIANCE starter city. On one character this was the city of Daggerfall, on the other it was the city of Davon's Watch. For AD it would be Vulkhel Guard.
    3. At the starter city, go to either the Fighter's Guild or the Mage's guild to turn in the writ certification quest. Once you've done that you can receive training from either of the writ certifiers.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just did the craft cert on 5 characters, made after Morrowind. They are all DC, went to Daggerfall for all of them. For some I grab quest off equipment board, for others I went straight to the NPC. I know the NPCs would not even appear for me in Vulkhel Guard.

I recommend you first check you don't have a quest already running. Abandon it if you do. Then maybe try picking it back up in VG.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • xbobx
    xbobx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i had the same problem, but you have to do other certifications first like alchemy, provision etc, once i got certified in them i could get certified in the others. maybe you only have to do one and rest unlock
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    i had the same problem, but you have to do other certifications first like alchemy, provision etc, once i got certified in them i could get certified in the others. maybe you only have to do one and rest unlock

I did equipment ones first. I think you need to ask one who else can certify you to be directed to the other NPC.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    xbobx wrote: »
    Tried multiple cities now, bulletin board just ask for certified crafters, npc does not work.
    So late now I think the main push is over, will probably submit an ticket.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I started an EP alt yesterday. Skipped tutorial and went right to Davon's watch and did the certification quests.
    I went right to the 2 NPC's that give out the quests and finished them up in Davon's Watch.

Warden is Vivec because Warden was a new character introduced with Morrowind.

Everyone else though has to go to their faction city..VG, Daggerfall or Davon's Watch.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    I started an EP alt yesterday. Skipped tutorial and went right to Davon's watch and did the certification quests.
    I went right to the 2 NPC's that give out the quests and finished them up in Davon's Watch.

Warden is Vivec because Warden was a new character introduced with Morrowind.

Everyone else though has to go to their faction city..VG, Daggerfall or Davon's Watch.
    Think its optional as I know the other alt did them at vivec, the last however skipped this probably ported from vivec to house and then to Rawl'kwa.