The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Can someone explain why today's update was so large for me?

zawizard
zawizard
✭✭
I woke up today, turned on my PS4 and started ESO. On the top right of my screen, I see,"Update the application to use online features". I back out of the game and check my notifications. A 56.114GB update.

Alright.

I put my PS4 in rest mode and immediately log on my laptop and check the forums. "Is there a new DLC or something?" I thought. I see the newest patch notes for PS4: Version 1.33. I read the little paragraph and the last sentence just got me mad. "The size of this incremental patch is approximately 647.5MB" WHAT.

Can someone explain why my update was ~90 times greater in size?
the mead is warm
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    I think the size of the downloaded file was 647.5MB but the game is then updated (overwritten), making the total size of the application now 56.114GB.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either a bug or they start to introduce some new content in prevision of future expansion. That seems early though

PC has a patch maintenance as well which I find weird unless this is to include a new introduction quest to the future expansion. I also find it early though
  • SoggyBread
    SoggyBread
    Soul Shriven
    Same thing happened to me today!
    Today i had to download an 18gb update and on the patch notes they say its on 256mb? What is all this extra data? :o
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd when did you last login @SoggyBread as yesterdays update was only 500gb for me the 18gb patch was 2/3 weeks ago
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP