The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What alternative flooring options would you like for housing (not just ugly planks & jagged rocks)

kenjiblaster25
kenjiblaster25
✭✭✭
I’m talking about large scale building projects
Edited by kenjiblaster25 on March 21, 2018 10:35AM
Kenjil

Never Behind Guild - PvE & PvP & Trade & Trials & Friendship & Great laughs
Guild Motto - leave no one behind, stay on the crown, kill the greens
Ebonheart Pact

What alternative flooring options would you like for housing (not just ugly planks & jagged rocks) 49 votes

Metal (clockwork city)
6%
ApheriusCalderon06Fiedelstrich 3 votes
Stone prefabrication panels
61%
huntgod_ESOmquil22b14_ESOxaraanTureluskyria.paganb16_ESOOmniDoSilverwillowMornaBaineG1CountdownDDemonHymzirLarianaAdamskiAldersAliyavanaAboKorLadyNalcaryaKrainor1974R_Ktoxicpandasashabeear1000 30 votes
Smart wooden boards
32%
jluchauVehlirHrogunixieLivvylirmiekamimarkJaeysaPC0523XDark_One13TankinatorFRIncognitiuslogarifmikAurieOrticiaZeni0s 16 votes
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a selection of stone floors based on the various racial styles.

For example the Dunmer hex tile floors.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Calderon06
    Calderon06
    ✭✭✭
    Metal (clockwork city)
    I've used almost 60 metal plank to do a large floor in the Ancient Sanctuary.

I used the addon Immaculate Construction to do this
    VV
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i use orcish platform, block i think its called. looks fine. under structures. or orcish bar, long i think is the other one under dining i think
  • Fiedelstrich
    Fiedelstrich
    ✭✭
    Metal (clockwork city)
    Metal could be an interesting addition - but i would like to see all of them. More option are always welcome
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a larger variety of shapes / sizes / materials.

But nicer wooden panels would be a start.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smart wooden boards
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    i use orcish platform, block i think its called. looks fine. under structures. or orcish bar, long i think is the other one under dining i think

That looks okay but 1, it's not big enough sometimes, 2, it's very thick which takes away space, and 3, if you're making walls you have to double the amount you use or it looks terrible, cause the bottom is weird.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter the style, I would like to see this implemented as a Skin or a Texture Replacer. This way we can change the look of the stock floors. This will stop us from having to use up to 60 panels like one person mentioned. Also, it would avoid having things clip weird because we have something on top of something else, as it does with carpets now.

Edited by Nestor on March 21, 2018 3:33PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I´d like some natural options, for example, some kind of leaves or grass ground.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want both stone and wood sections the size of the full planks. Want nicely finished unlike the planks.

Would like to some of the stone as cut sections of the Coldharbour stone. has nice colors in it.

Also some made of glass of various hues and sizes. not only as a building material but also to create stained glass features with back lighting to it. It'd be great to toggle night mode in the courtyards as well.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    I vote Stone Prefab as I'd love to get some kind of Mosaic style flooring and that was the closest option.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the dozens of paintings I get from treasure chests as flooring :p
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Square middle-sized metal or stone platforms so we can cover a bigger area without needing too many items. I wanted to do a tiled floor in an area of my house (using tables :smiley:) but I calculated how many slots I would take up, and it was >100, so bigger rectangle shapes would be nice to have.
  • Woefulmonkey
    Woefulmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    You need an 'All Of The Above' option.

They should really give us 3 or 4 'floor' section seizes for various 'styles' so we have options that match the 'house' architecture that is being augmented.

In addition to that they should provide similar sets of 'walls' and 'walls with door holes' as well as 'roof' segments.

That is something ESO should be able to provide relatively cheaply in terms of development costs, to the point where I can't believe they have not done it already. (They can't be making that much money on selling those stupid stone blocks)
  • Bansidhe1965
    Mosaics,various shapes,sizes and styles...like a capet but can be lowered into the floor or used on wall.

There could be various edging bits too,so you can make your own.
    The bridges burning behind us merely light our way forward PC-NA Main: Hepzebah Mag / sorc
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly want good stone AND wood floors in ALL the racial variants we see in the game! COME ON ZENI!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Synthwavius
    Synthwavius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like few styles locked behind hard achievement or just hard to craft. Same goes for the walls
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love some elegant inlaid or tiled marble flooring. Lovely smooth hardwood flooring in various hues such as oak, maple, walnut, redwood (and some with inlaid design) is a close second.

Keep in mind that "flooring" isn't all that would be done with this. People will make walls, ceilings, and dividers as well, to name the most prosaic possibilities.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posts and beams with carvings or inlays. Pre-fab sections of stairs & spiral ramps/ stairs so that with a few could be used to make what would take 30+ items or so. Ship sections, use how many you want to create the size ship you are wanting.
    Edited by Grimm13 on March 27, 2018 12:55AM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • kenjiblaster25
    kenjiblaster25
    ✭✭✭
    Great feedback - can you listen now please Zenimax? We’ll make the game even prettier!
    Kenjil

Never Behind Guild - PvE & PvP & Trade & Trials & Friendship & Great laughs
    Guild Motto - leave no one behind, stay on the crown, kill the greens
    Ebonheart Pact
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hand in hand with this topic - it'd be nice to be able to get rid of the grass.

TFW you build with grass turned off and then turn the grass on to find it's all poking through your fabricated floors... *shakefist*
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calderon06 wrote: »
    I've used almost 60 metal plank to do a large floor in the Ancient Sanctuary.

I used the addon Immaculate Construction to do this

Well now I need to come see it! :smiley:
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we just had a square panel large enough to be an entire upper floor for the medium houses, with plank, stone, and maybe tile textures, that would satisfy a lot of needs. It really only needs two edges, as the other two would be beyond the walls of the interior. Add to that a beam to place to support it, a choice of stairs to reach it, and you've got it covered.

Walls are harder to do, as you'll want doorways of various sizes in them, so this would quickly become an entire tileset. But floors could be achieved with maybe ten extra items.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like all three options, but stone would be my first choice, then word and finally metal flooring.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • toxicpanda
    toxicpanda
    ✭✭
    Nicer flooring structure options would be great, and bigger ones so it takes up less space. Some nice stair cases too :#