The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dk's. Why are you still playing as one?

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Question like this "Why do u still play DK" is the same as "Why are you still a human being and not an Unicorn".
    Why am I still male? Why am I still white? Why am I still from Europe? Why am I still a ESO+ subscriber?

Face it, OP. Not everyone is playing FotM classes, builds or similar. Even if they nerf DK some more, I will play as DK. Also, what you said about Wardens taking DK tanking spots is not true.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    40489100614_7a45e1b038_o.png

current pvp build, unbuffed and not in cyrodiil, food is tristat, and please ignore skills on back bar.
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on April 3, 2018 7:31AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    I've done some soul-searching, lately, with all the classes (actually, I was just trying to get all 13 of my characters to Tier 3 in PVP for this campaign).

that's so cool @Savos_Saren ...i always imagined there must be other folks out there playing a similiar style...

13 is an amazing number :)

i have each race, stam/mag version of each class...i've stayed in the 30 day cp map (ps4/na) for a couple of years with all my characters (i swear i'm stopping at 10) farming up 100k AP each...

thank goodness zos has made AP framing so much easier...

although I will admit - back in the day i would get a good bit of that AP afk at the outposts - now it's rapids and a maxed mount for the win :p

normally I'll play each character 2 or 3 times (total of maybe 4 to 10 hours) a month fighting in cyrodiil/IC...

with all the constant gear, and abilty changes - keeping a character performing "well" is pretty challenging...

love my "johnny blaze" mag dk and my tanky defiling werewolf stam dk...

oh yeah - whoever said leap was the most fun ult in the game (excluding werewolf of course) - nailed it...

Edit:
    Because fire is bright
    Fire is clean
    Efficient and divine

Not trolling (confronting mb) but whats so cool about playing 13 meta builds?
    I want to know what enjoyment you get out of it. Ftw? Is that it?

there is absolutely zero optimal about not refining your build and rotations through countless iterations of focused play on a select few or (better yet) singular character...

personally I just wanted to experience the different abilities, races, alliances, and classes...

yeah, it's not easy being able to jump from heavy armor dk one day to a light armor mag sorc the next - but, it opens up a myriad of options to play a wide array of playstyles at any time...

after the sixth or seventh character, build diversity gets increasingly more challenging...there are a limited amount of weapon choices...

it's fun though trying to come up with very different versions of the same class...and, to make each character feel unique...

It does not end up being unique if you wanna be top tier. It does not
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vivec campaign on PS4 NA ended yesterday with 6 DKs in the top 50. That's pretty bad.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still use my Dunmer Magicka DK because I enjoy him.

I don't play competitively at endgame and do more casual PvP so although balance passes hurt they've not wrecked my gameplay.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Zagnut123Zagnut123
    Zagnut123Zagnut123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Legitimate question here.

Other than to tank hardmode trials, and vet MAW specifically, why play as a DK?

The other class spec's far outperform Dk in Damage, even warden has better parses now. Wardens are taking over tank role in most content because of better group buffs and resource management.

And healer DK's I've never seen one in 4 years of my gameplay other than the one or two who tried it out for PvP along with myself.

So what is your reasoning for playing a DK? Is it just fun, has it always been your main with all crafting and achievements on it, etc...Why play a DK after the last 5 patches have all nerfed the DK specificaly without cause, to all specs of the Dk. Dps stam and magic (are they still a thing?)

Stam dk or stam sorc are both good choices for buffing the other stam in the group (stamblades) as they both have a rotation full of heavy attacks (for good sunder uptimes) stamden isn't bad but it falls short of a stam dk in buff gear while the stamden is in a full damage setup. Most raids don't use stamdens unless it's a trial with alot of trash like vso for instance. Stamdk is still in a good place right now it's just stamblades are the highest dps now that offbalance is able to be kept at 100 percent uptime.