The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

INSANE LAG

Ectheliontnacil
Ectheliontnacil
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Anyone else experiencing lag outside of Cyrodiil today?
I was doing dps parses in my glenumbra house when I noticed a lot of light attacks not connecting etc. I think it might be connected to the jester event, as glenumbra is one of the jester areas, so I hope it will improve once the festival is over. Still I am worried that it might be my connection, so if you guys could tell me how your ping is in the jester zones, I would really appreciate it :smile: .
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag has broken my game since Dragon Bones. Even little things like crafting writs is practically unplayable.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Smitch_59

I am inclined to agree. Last couple patches have screwed performance over.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag and FPS drops. Though the FPS drops are rumored to be due to the latest Geforce driver having the memory leak issue again.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got lag around the event NPC's and in the cities due to the event..many more people running around the same areas.

Edited to add: Normally my ping is 130-150 and with the event it's 180-200. My fps though stays at 60.
    PC-NA here.
    Edited by Juju_beans on March 31, 2018 11:08PM
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its beyond a joke, but its been pretty broke since pc launch. So its nothing really new
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Every 5 or 10 minutes there's a huge lag spike of 8000+ms that lasts like 10 secs sometimes ending in a disconnect. Happening since free trial weekend. Suffice to say I died countless times because of this. Pc NA.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Every 5 or 10 minutes there's a huge lag spike of 8000+ms that lasts like 10 secs sometimes ending in a disconnect. Happening since free trial weekend. Suffice to say I died countless times because of this. Pc NA.

how are you registering that ping since the game only goes to 999? and thats not the server. if it was, everyone would be experiencing it and they arent.
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

how are you registering that ping since the game only goes to 999? and thats not the server. if it was, everyone would be experiencing it and they arent.

It says so in the wykkyd toolbar addon. And it feels like 8 secs lag so I believe it.
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It says so in the wykkyd toolbar addon. And it feels like 8 secs lag so I believe it.

My ping numbers have reached 15-25K before using one of the add ons to read the levels. LUI I think, or srendarr. That was the reason I quit the game in June last year, it was downright unplayable. Sat at over 1000 base. Came back in December once the ping issues settled.
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insane in the membrane...
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hope they'll fix this soon. *Bitter laughing*
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty bad in Auridon right now on an alt. Was fine earlier today when I was in Clockwork City. Crap in Craglorn on another character.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my ping has actually been lower than normal while doing the event dailies. the only issue iv had is with vulkhel guard after i goto the college and come back the ground doesnt load properly. never before i go do the quest, only on the return trip. but ping has been great.
  • SBC
    SBC
    ✭✭✭✭
    my ping has actually been lower than normal while doing the event dailies. the only issue iv had is with vulkhel guard after i goto the college and come back the ground doesnt load properly. never before i go do the quest, only on the return trip. but ping has been great.

That ground graphical issue was the same last year too, even on PS4. As soon as you take college to vulkhel it does it. I've run to other shrines before to test it and the ground was fine when I went to vulkhel.

As for PC now, my ping stays around 80-100 all the time. Frames hardly drop below 60. However, friend of mine doing the same stuff with me gets 999 quite often and randomly. So I'm not sure if it's ISP related, location related or what.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Quick FYI.

Doing vDsa yesterday 2 friends of mine had a number of disconnects...completely rekt the score. I really do hope this will improve! ^^
  • Vanya
    Vanya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against the power of lag there can be no victory.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are having huge lag spikes on Xbox too! I usually don't have an actual FPS problem, but wow, I sure have been lately.
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bar-swapping, screen freezing and stuttering, lag. All have amplified since I began playing last year.
  • druidicwolf
    druidicwolf
    ✭✭
    Anyone else experiencing lag outside of Cyrodiil today?
    I was doing dps parses in my glenumbra house when I noticed a lot of light attacks not connecting etc. I think it might be connected to the jester event, as glenumbra is one of the jester areas, so I hope it will improve once the festival is over. Still I am worried that it might be my connection, so if you guys could tell me how your ping is in the jester zones, I would really appreciate it :smile: .

I have never had a ping issue in ESO until now. In areas where there are quite a few players my ping shoots up to 999+. It's unplayable. If I travel to quieter zones and roam about doing quests and picking up materials my ping is 100 - 120.

I have a fibre connection: 50MB down, 19MB up (on speed tests). As I said above, I have never had a problem until now. It got to the point where I just logged out as it was annoying me not being able to go do banking or the Aprils fools event.

But, alas, it is what it is. I have no idea what has been done, or why this is happening, but I can no longer go near populated areas.

My characters have been exiled to the wastelands. If it doesn't get sorted out when the event ends then I have no reason to stay subbed or get Summerset Isles.
    Edited by druidicwolf on April 1, 2018 5:43PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I been getting crashes and logouts every hour or two since the jester festival. April fools on me, says ZOS. Oh and lag spikes and FPS drops but you know that kind of normal now, so i dont pay it much attention.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I been getting crashes and logouts every hour or two since the jester festival. April fools on me, says ZOS. Oh and lag spikes and FPS drops but you know that kind of normal now, so i dont pay it much attention.

maybe people with these kind of issues should start posting their computer specs instead of their internet specs. i havent had a crash for an extremely long time other than when i close the game. and many others are the same.
    i would include things like what kind of hard drive the game is running on, graphics card and driver version, cpu

maybe with this information a trend will show.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

maybe people with these kind of issues should start posting their computer specs instead of their internet specs. i havent had a crash for an extremely long time other than when i close the game. and many others are the same.
    i would include things like what kind of hard drive the game is running on, graphics card and driver version, cpu

maybe with this information a trend will show.

I don't have crashes just lag and the occasional disconnect so I don't think my pc is the problem.
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lag has been horrible on Xbox especially in trials. Sound cuts out, dps drops. Heavy attack bug, and like you said light attacks not connecting
    Edited by SASQUATCH0 on April 2, 2018 2:39PM
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LAG and loading sooo bad everywhere this weekend... I had to eventually just quit cyrodil due to every screen being a ridiculous looong load.

servers infrastructure code needs some serious work...
  • Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    @Ectheliontnacil same problem here: Been getting crashes and logouts since the jester festival, also random red ping (+999) and alot of Screen Freezing... this weekend was so so terrible. I have a fibre connection: 100MG down and u wanna know the worst part???... now we have an other xp event/problem for two weeks: "4-YEAR ANNIVERSARY" :(
    Edited by Aixy on April 3, 2018 2:05PM