Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Returning player

DanteYoda
DanteYoda
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello to all
I've just returned and purchased Morrowind update which seems to have over written my Tamriel Online copy, is that normal? Do we still get to play in both areas..

So its been four years since i played this and i'm assuming a LOT has changed (still installing) i wondered is the population still large in the lower areas and if not can we still complete things.. I never made it to Veteran ranks as the botters and bugs made me leave near release.. I hope its been fixed since then.

Any ideas on which classes are the best to play for new customers and which are the easiest to level? Back in release mages were everywhere and my blade guy was garbage sadly i hope its better now..

Anyway thanks and see you in game.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yes, Morrowind will overwrite the previous game. Then on your account it will unlock the content. Your account adds content...you don’t lose it, so it’s not like upgrading to a new disc like morrowin will erase access to some previously unlocked area.

2. The game is getting older...but the populations are good. The chapters that are released in June being in tons of new players. It’s not as crowded as it once was, but you should be able to complete whatever you want to.

3. All of the classes are pretty good. For leveling...it really just depends on what you like playing. I like my mag Templar, stam sorc, stam warden and stamblade.

Something new since you played is the champion point system. CPs are earned by vet characters and are added to your account. All characters, vet or not, may use the total number of CPs you’ve earned. The reason I mention this is that CPs act like miniature attribute points, slowly fine tuning characters. This has served to bring all of the classes closer together because the CPs help a character of any class overcome their weaknesses. Nightblade gets far tankier with CPs, and dragon knights can increase their dps. When you last played the classes has massive benefits and drawbacks...the game doesn’t quite play like that now, all of the classes can be fun.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you buy summerset straight up and get morrowind for free? I feel that would have been a better option. Im not sure since i just bought the upgrade which also gives morrowind for free.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks very much all, still downloading :neutral: That said i'm glad all classes are equal these days, at release that was a huge let down to find out my Nightblade was garbage (he was so weak lol) that said if i were to start a new character what would you suggest and as i'm Aussie is there any Australian guilds?
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Thanks very much all, still downloading :neutral: That said i'm glad all classes are equal these days, at release that was a huge let down to find out my Nightblade was garbage (he was so weak lol) that said if i were to start a new character what would you suggest and as i'm Aussie is there any Australian guilds?

Hope you pre ordered summerset chapter.....would of got morrowind for free lol