The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dubious Cameron Throne Recipe - 2018 Jesters Festival

MonkLoHan
MonkLoHan
✭✭✭
So, has anyone come across this recipe during this year's Jesters Festival? I know it was available last year and I see it being sold in Guilds for $100,000 - $200,000. Would definitely like to get my hands on one this season and not have to go to guild store to obtain it.

Anyone?
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    is Camoran not Cameron Diaz
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is being handed out this year by the Jesters
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got one, sold it in zone chat for 100k since i don't need it no more ...
    :smile:
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    I picked up around 25+ Festival boxes and not one from the lot.
    On my main I thought perhaps I could improve the odds of the drop by completing the various other Jester Festival Achievements before completing the Stonefalls daily...I got them all complete excluding avoiding the Butcher as I didn't realize she showed at the dual set of steps as well. Even after getting most of them and opening the three for today on my main it still didn't drop.
    I ended up putting up 8 temps, a tent, jewels & candied coin recipes for trade for it and a guild mate helped out. I still have a couple days to get one sure...but at that rate and the prices it's STILL going for DURING the festival I pulled strings to secure it as quickly as possible.

IF it drops in the next two days, cool...if not, whatever :neutral:
    Edit* - I hope it will drop for me in these next two days, certainly. But I also like the fact that it's not dropping like candy from a piñata. Rarity is a good thing, whether I like it or not.
    Edited by Swifigames on April 1, 2018 2:24AM
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • Vonnegut2506
    Vonnegut2506
    ✭✭✭
    I have done the festival quests 20 times over the last two days so around 60 boxes and I have gotten the Throne recipe 7 times. It is dropping a lot more than last year based on my experience and those of my guildmates. I have actually gotten it more than Jewels of Misrule this year which has only dropped twice for me.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got one so far
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100k-200k is fairly cheap at the moment. I sold two last year after sitting on them for a while for around 400k. Best to hold onto them until later on.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I literally got one in the first box.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭

cool. i only figuratively got one in the first box
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, the Jewels of Misrule recipe has dropped the least. After running all of the quests on each of my 8 alts since the start of the festival, so far I've received:

2 x Recipe: Dubious Camoran Throne (on two different alts)
    7 x Jester's Coffer
    5 x Runebox: Cherry Blossom Branch
    3 x Pattern: Jester's Pavilion, Open (on three different alts)
    3 x Runebox: Scintillator
    1 x Recipe: Jewels of Misrule
    Several of the banners, blue and green recipes, and consumables.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »

cool. i only figuratively got one in the first box

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it from my first reward box and is the first time I’ve gotten my hands on it. Next box I got the jesters box furnishing thing
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Got one, sold it in zone chat for 100k since i don't need it no more ...
    :smile:

You got lucky. The price has dropped from around 250k to around 20k during the festival, which is why I'm hanging on to my spares. Thus far the only thing I want but haven't got is the pavilion pattern. Not sure if I should just buy one for 50k or keep hoping one will drop.
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • DE1997
    DE1997
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone on Xbox EU with a spare? I’m prepared to buy as I can’t guarantee logging on much over the next few days!
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first day of the event I got two dubious camoran recipes on one character but I had it from 2017 so I deleted them to save space. My advice: do the quests on many characters every day. It may be time consuming and overwhelming but you ll get the recipe eventually.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't do much of the festival last year and never got it to drop.

This year did the quests on 8 alts and yesterday it dropped twice, on the same alt right after each other......got lots of the rune boxes, a purple housing recipe and lots of other stuff.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done all the missions on 6 characters each day and have only gotten 2 so far.
    Edited by Tsar_Gekkou on April 1, 2018 3:14PM
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Have one main and 7 alts (8 characters total) and on my very last one of the day from all characters it finally dropped. Now, dont know if I should sell it our learn it. Thought I'd never get it.

15 Princess Delight
    3 Jewels of Mistrule
    6 Candied Jesters Coins
    1 Creme De Menthe
    6 Jesters Coffers
    8 Banners of Jesters Standard
    Bunch of other stuff

Would be nice to be able to get a couple of more Dubious Camoran though.
  • strangeradnd
    strangeradnd
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got 3 to drop, all in a row. It and the scintillating memento runebox were the rarest things for me at 3 each. I got a minimum of 5 of everything else. I ran 1 character 4 days, 2 for 3 days and 4 others for 2 days. (7 character, 56 boxes)
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got 3 Dubious recipes this year, and none last year. The price didn't drop as much because people are hoarding spares, instead of dumping them to the market like last year.