The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jorvulds Guidance Question

Texecutioner187
Texecutioner187
✭✭✭
If I have 5 piece Jorvulds Guidance on my front bar, and it buffs one of my buffs to my group and then I switch to the back bar, does the extended group buff power/duration reduce when I switch off the front bar to the back bar?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it sticks as long as you had the 5 piece Jorvulds at the moment of casting.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good way to use two 5 piece sets and a monster set!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but be careful running SPC on one bar only, uptime will be reduced significantly. Same goes for worm.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on March 29, 2018 6:00PM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, but be careful running SPC on one bar only, uptime will be reduced significantly. Same goes for worm.

Yes, you need to adjust you barsetup to be as much on your frontbar as possible for this to be effective. Even then you will see some decrease in uptime. But if you keep that to a minimum it can never the less be a very effective setup.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »

Yes, you need to adjust you barsetup to be as much on your frontbar as possible for this to be effective. Even then you will see some decrease in uptime. But if you keep that to a minimum it can never the less be a very effective setup.

I'm not sure I follow. Which suffers, SPC or Jorvulds?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You can have jorvuld on one bar but spell power cure better have on both bars active.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

You can have jorvuld on one bar but spell power cure better have on both bars active.

I think jourvalds strength is to 5pc body the set then 5pc the last set with another active defensive buff.

So for PvP, 5pc reposte with dual weld +jewels and then 5pc jourvald body with heavy/med any monster helm you want.

Then use as many buff skills as possible on your potions/skills.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    I plan on using this for PvE healing. My plan was to be on let's say for this example, the back bar... proc SPC with resto heals(mutagen/springs,etc) running then go back to front bar with Jorvulds for Warden active buffs and heals
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Both, but SPC is what matters here.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭

Both, but SPC is what matters here.

How though? If I can keep SPC going by switching to that bar, how does it suffer? Then if I'm only on that bar for proccing it, how would jorvuld suffer? Maybe I'm missing some logic...
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spellpowercure is pretty easy to proc and to maintain. so actually you just need to proc spc on one bar and then go on to the other bar, where jorvuls is active. its actually pretty simple and should work fine as long as you keep spc up. but the disadvanate could be, that depending on your staves you have some complication, since most healers run heal and destro staff, meaning that probably some buffs are locked on the spc bar, but could also benefit from jorvulds.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    spellpowercure is pretty easy to proc and to maintain. so actually you just need to proc spc on one bar and then go on to the other bar, where jorvuls is active. its actually pretty simple and should work fine as long as you keep spc up. but the disadvanate could be, that depending on your staves you have some complication, since most healers run heal and destro staff, meaning that probably some buffs are locked on the spc bar, but could also benefit from jorvulds.

Yeah my plan was to run resto heals on SPC bar then as I'm applying HoT's, it would proc SPC. Then switch to my "Jorvulds Bar" and apply my Warden buffs/heals. I think the logic is there as long as it works out the way I just said... right?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    should work out fine. i just thought that maybe you would also like to prolong combat prayers buff, but that wouldnt be possible then, since its on the spc bar.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    should work out fine. i just thought that maybe you would also like to prolong combat prayers buff, but that wouldnt be possible then, since its on the spc bar.

I didn't think about that but the only thing I have from destro bar is Elemental Drain. As much as I DON'T want to be the healer that doesn't run that... going resto/resto wouldn't be TERRIBLE losing drain, right?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    resto/resto works as long as ele drain is provided somehow, since the skill is very imprtnat for magicka dd's.
  • kilgore13
    kilgore13
    Soul Shriven
    I’ve been using the set to extend bully Netch, lotus blossom, embrace, and shrooms since it adds a fair amount of time to those buffs. I have SPC on my back bar along with vines, grasp and budding seeds. Putting vines on the tank pops SPC often.
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    resto/resto works as long as ele drain is provided somehow, since the skill is very imprtnat for magicka dd's.

And that's the only reason I have lightning staff. Magicka DD?
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magicka damage dealer;)
  • Texecutioner187
    Texecutioner187
    ✭✭✭
    Ah yes lol
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a very common build; SPC one bar (SPC resto) / (back bar set 2 destro). In 4 man I run SPC/IA. SPC is kept up continuously very easily. You’re actually on your heal bar more often than destro, even with this set up. I wouldn’t worry about combat prayer; it’s an easy weave and the extra few seconds will make little difference as you can keep it up 100% of your own volition.

What you CANT keep up on your own is Major Force from Aggressive Warhorn. That’s the strength of this set. You switch to Jorvulds destro; drop your focus (gets the uptime improvement) and warhorn. Warhorn is the reason this set is as strong a set it can be.

DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)