The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Eso Companion App Please

CaliMade
CaliMade
✭✭✭✭
Im sure im not the only one.

4 mag characters, 1 set of lich.

*wastes 40 mins or so rangling up all the peices*

Just to remember last minute that you left your willpower swords and Bloodspawn sholders on you magDk.
So you switch again throw them in the bank then, get back on your other character to realise that you left your tripots and tri food on your stamblade.

This makes me want to rip my hair out.

Id be willing to pay 10 bucks for an Eso Companion app.

AM I the only one?
XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want one too though I probably wouldn’t use it for inventory management as I only play one character. I would probably use it for looking at outfit styles and furnishings though
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would definitely pay for one! Would be huge quality of life boost!
  • ToolWorX
    ToolWorX
    Soul Shriven
    Only if you could feed mounts with it. Would be handy say, if you where away for a few days.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos hired a new team to work on a cross platform mobile app a bit over 6 months ago.

Zos don't make any other games yet, so I am hopeful that they are making a companion app for us. It would be an awesome feature that would demonstrate that ESO is a modern AAA game. I hope it contains a mix of features so you can play some kind of game on your phone when you aren't at home, and features that encourage dual screen playing when you are are home.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It'd be nice.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Donum-Dei
    Donum-Dei
    ✭✭✭
    I have some ideas with this app.

1 Go trough bank and see what you have and what to take out while you head there.

2 Send items to linked guilds. Account characters we have and Housing.
    Examples
    -Next time I log in with other characters, he/she will have in the bag the wanted items I want him/her to have.
    -Go trough bank and send item messages to those friends that drop you a message, that want a item they are willing to pay or trait for.
    - Go trough any account character we have and decide what to share move and or place out from their bags to the bank and or housing and vice-versa.

3 Send messages to friends if you are not log in, into the game and see the activities that your guild/friends have and the message they wrote to you. (optional features to disable activity for people that do not like this)

4 Guild calendars and friend calendar (all into one depending options inside app)
    Examples
    -Choose which friends and which specific guild we would like sync our app with, trough the game and see the upcoming calendar events, the same with and if we don't have guilds, but want to create a calendar event with some friends we have in our list from the game and want to create one. And share it trough the app. (by the way, there would be cool to even have a calendar event in game too) So this feature could work hand in hand, if some one doesn't have his or her phone on but their in game. They cans see the in game notification for the activity and then they can accepted or not.

5 See guild trade events going in trough the app from whatever continuously items they are constantly trading.
    Example
    -If you are in or outside game you receive a notification to the specific linked guild. And if you want to buy such item, you could go trough the same process like if you where in game but with the app and purchase, next time you log in. You have it.

Those are my thoughts for an application that could come handy with the game.

Calle it "Scrolls Connect". Haha
    But seriously, this could be really good.
    Edited by Donum-Dei on March 31, 2018 3:38PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Global auction house app please.
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wishful thinking
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

• CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToolWorX wrote: »
    Only if you could feed mounts with it. Would be handy say, if you where away for a few days.
    I meant to quote this in my other post but my phone is buns

Edited by CaliMade on March 31, 2018 9:43PM
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

• SRTtoZ
    SRTtoZ
    ✭✭✭
    Yep same although I don't think they should charge for it. Just have it be part of the ESO+ package.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like one so I can see the campaign map ...and research timers

Not fussed over anything else
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SRTtoZ wrote: »
    Yep same although I don't think they should charge for it. Just have it be part of the ESO+ package.

They don't have to but I would pay 10 bucks for it if it meant I got access to character inventories, bank, guild/friend chat, and ingame information.

It would be a huge help for people who run multiple characters or who run guilds.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a perfect world, would be great

BUT

Do you really want your phone stuck in a load screen?
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    against this.

if you want to play, login and play.
    you want to train your mount while youre away without a computer? too bad.
    your phone gets lost and your bank gets sent to someone else. then people start demanding compensation and all their items back. major pain for zos. hell your friends could even just prank you with it when you put your phone down. Yes, not everyone locks their phone.
    if you want to talk to people while not logged in, try using the phone as a phone. or send an email. If they didnt give you this information, they likely dont want you to contact them outside the game.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    against this.

your phone gets lost and your bank gets sent to someone else. then people start demanding compensation and all their items back. major pain for zos. hell your friends could even just prank you with it when you put your phone down. Yes, not everyone locks their phone.
    if you want to talk to people while not logged in, try using the phone as a phone. or send an email. If they didnt give you this information, they likely dont want you to contact them outside the game.

Bank and inventories could be read-only. It's helpful enough to just know what each character has.
    PC-NA Goat
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    against this.

That goes for anyone playing console anyway, and one of my friends or past gfs could have deleted my profile alot easier than deleting things off my phone. Yea, nobody locks their xbox. All the downsides you listed are what come with anythnig digital be it console pc or phone.

Why do you care what happens to some shmuck who leaves there phone unlocked? And the Absolute last thing im thinking about IF i lose my phone is some nearly meaningless digital accessories in a video game.
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

• AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaliMade wrote: »
    against this.

That goes for anyone playing console anyway, and one of my friends or past gfs could have deleted my profile alot easier than deleting things off my phone. Yea, nobody locks their xbox. All the downsides you listed are what come with anythnig digital be it console pc or phone.

Why do you care what happens to some shmuck who leaves there phone unlocked? And the Absolute last thing im thinking about IF i lose my phone is some nearly meaningless digital accessories in a video game.

People, it's 2018.

Encrypt your damn phones and use a lock feature with password, pin or biometrics.
    PC-NA Goat
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »
    against this.

People, it's 2018.

Encrypt your damn phones and use a lock feature with password, pin or biometrics.

When did i say i leave my phone unlocked?
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

• AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    against this.

People, it's 2018.

When did I say I was talking to you? B)
    PC-NA Goat
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mount training and research timers would be handy
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll pay for the app, as with PS4 ESO Share factory theme.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Global auction house app please.

No.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    against this.

People, it's 2018.

You quoted me tho?
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

• Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    against this.

People, it's 2018.

You quoted me tho?

Now now children no need to bicker, we all want the same thing.

Come ZOS! Listen to your community for once, it's unanimously wanted.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • meaghs
    meaghs
    ✭✭✭
    Warframe does this really well with some management and guild / friend chat. Would be great if ESO were to emulate them.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im sure im not the only one.

4 mag characters, 1 set of lich.

*wastes 40 mins or so rangling up all the peices*

Just to remember last minute that you left your willpower swords and Bloodspawn sholders on you magDk.
    So you switch again throw them in the bank then, get back on your other character to realise that you left your tripots and tri food on your stamblade.

This makes me want to rip my hair out.

Id be willing to pay 10 bucks for an Eso Companion app.

AM I the only one?

I'd like an app, but it would need to be all platforms otherwise its beyond pay to win if you have to buy an Iphone to do stuff away from the console.

However the problem you have is easily sorted with house storage, put all your MH in one, shoulders in another vMA/Asylum in another when you aren't using them - simple..

I'd use the app for Writs, crafting etc - but would immediately be open to abuse by botters and gold farmers and cause way more harm than good.

It's akin to flying mounts. In utopia yes, in this game no.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    It's akin to flying mounts. In utopia yes, in this game no.

Well, Rich Lambert has been previously quoted as supporting the "second screen" (mobile apps).

Also, ZOS was recently hiring for a mobile designer. It's possible they might already be working on one.
    PC-NA Goat