The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Rings of Mara

Moyana
Moyana
✭✭
Hi, it's me again!

So, i'm a little confused about the rings. I'm aware that only 1 person can use a pledge, but can this person receive multiple pledges?

So, person A uses a pledge on person B
this means A cannot use a pledge on person C
however, can person C (who hasn't used a pledge yet) use it on person A
thus meaning person A has a ring with B and a ring with C
or is person A completely locked out of ALL pledges from here on out because they used one on B.

I'm aware that you can only use 1 ring of mara at any one time, however due to friends in different time zones, I would like us to benefit across the board.

Thanks again.
  • ChuiDuma
    ChuiDuma
    ✭✭✭
    You can use it as many times as you want as long as you have the item. You can create your very own "love triangle." The pledge of Mara basically gives you a ring that is tied to your character and whichever character you make the pledge with. So if you are character A and your friend is character B, your Ring of Mara will have B's name on it, and B's will have your name. If you thrown in a C to marry each of you, you can have a ring with B's name and a ring with C's name, while C has one with A and one with B, etc.

These are character based, not account based. But you can potentially marry an infinite number of other characters until you fill your inventory with Rings of Mara.
    * Mara's Tester * >:) * The Psijic Order *
    * Werewolf *
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    But you get xp when you 'marry'. Are you saying that we get an unlimited amount of extra xp as long as our inventory holds up? And can we 'divorce' someone?
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • ChuiDuma
    ChuiDuma
    ✭✭✭
    The Ring of Mara is an item that give you extra xp when you are grouped with the one you are married. You must be wearing the ring, and you must be grouped with that character for it to work.

Edit: I never tried to divorce anyone, but I did "marry" two other players.
    Edited by ChuiDuma on April 1, 2014 12:13AM
    * Mara's Tester * >:) * The Psijic Order *
    * Werewolf *