The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

#MAGA I just want to be Argonian - Is that so wrong?

Nerdrage9000
Nerdrage9000
✭✭✭
Hi there ESO forums,

After a loooong break, I have decided to get back into ESO, and this game is really coming into it's own now. Although I am slightly overwhelmed, I am having a really good time.

I do have however 1 significant gripe up front: I am a StamDK Argonian. That's right. I said it.

However, my love of tail, is a real detriment, because Argonians seem to be basically set up as only a healing class.

If I am interpreting this correctly, according to this guys video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjpfQmpI1xQ

I am missing out on potentially a 25% dps boost? Is this correct? (going with a Dunmer, Vampire, with the correct talents) I mean even at baseline, without proper talents, I am missing out on a flat 7% dps boost by choosing the wrong race?

I know that this will probably trigger some out there on the internet, but can we please revisit the Racial system? I'd like to see options to at least bring different racial abilities a bit more in line with one another.

In other games (WoW for example) yes there are racials, but they really only matter for bleeding edge content. However in ESO, a flat 7%, and a talented 25% DPS boost base on race alone, is nothing to sneeze at.

ALL I WANT IS #MAGA 2018
(Make Argonians Great Again)

• lihentian
    lihentian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i seriously doubt the 25% number.. just play what you like... you don't have to play the best..

p.s. if you ask me if it more like 10% at max
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian stamina DK is hella strong in PVP, used to main one a long time ago.

argonian master race!
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    Even still, 10% seems a little extreme doesn't it? I mean I could live with 2-3% if I played like a pro (which I don't) I'd be cool with that.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonian Dragonknights are arguably the best tank/race combo. If you ever want to tank you go with that. Also a perk of being a tank is that dungeon ques are short and tanks are always in demand in pve
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians have the most powerful sustain/survivability passives in this game (a bit too powerful, if you ask me). Of course, there is a tradeoff.
    Also, its totally possible to have enough dps for any content with any race. It only matters if you want to go for leaderboard scores and whatnot.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    Your chosen race will never be the determining factor on whether you clear content or win a duel. Play what you want to play.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do have however 1 significant gripe up front: I am a StamDK Argonian.
    ...so is Laaskerden, one of my alts, and I am doing fine on him.
    15271797_1250954568259396_8507334978814171919_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&_nc_eui2=v1%3AAeHnajkfOoBWgUwkSOOkmV_iBIlan1wAiW-Rm2dbGf--s1J7eZqI8xoMiVdcfN4wCqf-i48qSvNXr6MQRH10oD52IZMsBYWHm9LqAYm3OaznUg&oh=97850de46fa3ba171d40a2b792e5d3d8&oe=5B27E483
    ;)
    Argonian stamina DK is hella strong in PVP, used to main one a long time ago.
    Agreed.

Sure, argonian DKs maybe are not that great in the DPS department... so maybe some fights take a bit longer then for others that go for super-effectiveness as damage dealers... but if you go tanky, you will truly apprreciate their staying power! And frustrate enemies in cyrodil from streaking sorcerors to ganking nightblades alike!

Also, as a bonus, the old school players get a nifty set of dragonlance flashbacks! Draconians, heh... ;)
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just go dunmer.
  • eserras7b16_ESO
    eserras7b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Argonian master race. Get an argonian you won't regret it.
    Eptackt - Argonian Templar
    Belegrand - Redguard Nightblade
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Argonian is great for any build. Their potion passive is amazing, and the additional health means that you don't need to waste any attribute points. Between the potion passive and DK's Ulti restore you'll get awesome sustain.
    Edited by Tyrobag on March 31, 2018 7:18PM
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Play what you like. It doesn't matter for 95% of the game. 98% even. Only if you really think you will be that small portion of the population that will be vying for top leaderboard scores would you even care. And if you are that person, then playing a specific race would be irrelevant to you.

So play what you want. the DPS disparity won't matter for squat compare to simply how well you will play your class. skill trumps race in this regards. it's only 10% difference if you really know what you are doing completely, which most players don't (including me) Again, that 3% of the populace that are pushing leaderboard ranks are an exception, but based purely on your question you aren't one of those. Nothing belittling in my comment...I'm not a leaderboard player and I'm proud of that. I'd rather play what I like, then play what gets me some odd 1% higher score in some ranking.
    Edited by temjiu on March 31, 2018 7:25PM
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    7% is nothing.

Unless you are pulling close to 40k dps there is no reason to QQ
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just go with Argonian. As pointed out above, it is great for PvP. And if you want to play PvE race starts to matter when you go for top of the leaderboards. So if this isn't your goal just pick it.
    Edited by FakeFox on March 31, 2018 8:48PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • ShadowMonarch
    ShadowMonarch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there ESO forums,

After a loooong break, I have decided to get back into ESO, and this game is really coming into it's own now. Although I am slightly overwhelmed, I am having a really good time.

I do have however 1 significant gripe up front: I am a StamDK Argonian. That's right. I said it.

However, my love of tail, is a real detriment, because Argonians seem to be basically set up as only a healing class.

If I am interpreting this correctly, according to this guys video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjpfQmpI1xQ

I am missing out on potentially a 25% dps boost? Is this correct? (going with a Dunmer, Vampire, with the correct talents) I mean even at baseline, without proper talents, I am missing out on a flat 7% dps boost by choosing the wrong race?

I know that this will probably trigger some out there on the internet, but can we please revisit the Racial system? I'd like to see options to at least bring different racial abilities a bit more in line with one another.

In other games (WoW for example) yes there are racials, but they really only matter for bleeding edge content. However in ESO, a flat 7%, and a talented 25% DPS boost base on race alone, is nothing to sneeze at.

ALL I WANT IS #MAGA 2018
    (Make Argonians Great Again)

Argonian is bad$ss in pvp cause the potion passive. If you drink a tripot you can pretty much reset most of your stats, its awwwwsome, combine it with a DK's already tanky nature + resources back on ult and you really got a lot of sustain!