The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I hate my banker assistant.

Panomania
Panomania
✭✭✭✭
So I am dropping all kinds of stuff into the bank out in the middle of Craglorn. Suddenly I get a message informing me that instead of depositing Praxis: Ayleid Bookshelf, Cluttered I just learned it. On the wrong character. My banker decided to wander off chasing butterflies but my banker window didnt close. Again. Last time rather than deposit an item I ended up equipping it and another, screwing up my tank set bonuses. Was a noticeable difference...after I started getting beat on by a dungeon boss.

And its seldom at the same time. Sometines its a few minutes, but its happened to me before after 36 seconds (yes, I stopped and timed it. Seldom got the same result twice).

Look, I get that you dont want bankers in some areas. Cool with that. I get that you need to force people to log out from inactivity! But this is something a LOT of people have told me has happened to them, and its ridiculous. Can you PLEASE add a confirmation popup before the banker wanders off, or at least force the bank window to shut when he does? Starting to tell any who will listen to not bother buying the 5000 creown banker assistant because he wont do guild store or bank, and he wanders off whenever the heck he feels like it
The opinions of others should always be heard, especially if they dont agree with your own! But you always reserve the right to laugh at them.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Making him stand still while players are using him should be one of the easiest things ZOS could ever fix. The problem is actually getting them to hear the players that find it a problem. They either don't know or don't care and it's sad as it is likely about 2 minutes of coding to take out his ability to walk. It already acts this way when placed in a house.
  • nightstrike
    nightstrike
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You might want to post this in the bug forum.
    Warning: This signature is tiny!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh yuck. :s Glad I didn't spend the money on him.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. It happens with normal zone bankers too. They move and kick you into inventory,

Lost a clockwork forge that way too.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    He's a DEEP STATE banker
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inactivity should EXCLUDE scrolling through inventory. Just saying.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time someone LOSES an item due to this... put in a ticket. And follow up on it. As many times as necessary. No one should be buying bankers with a flaw like that.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm thinking this is a new bug.

The banker used to just close bank randomly and wonder off after you were in it a while, now he just wonders off but the bank doesn't close.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xaraan wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm thinking this is a new bug.

The banker used to just close bank randomly and wonder off after you were in it a while, now he just wonders off but the bank doesn't close.

I've been getting UI error boxes when I mouse over items, so at least I don't actually lose anything when he wanders off.

Just as annoying is getting him to come to me. That's when he likes to stand still, just out of interaction range. And I don't want to move closer to him because that's when he'll move, partially into a wall or teleport behind me.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    ay, agree , though I dont even own the banker assistant. Also while at it, making the regular bankers or guild store vendors not move and reset for a person looking at their window would be great :p
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yuck. :s Glad I didn't spend the money on him.

He's really useful more often than not. But once in awhile, he does get distracted. That said, the interface visually reacts when he decides he's done playing garbage can, so I can't say I've ever had this go wrong for me.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS: The next time you find a plan for the ayleid cluttered bookshelf, contact me immediately. Cut out that middleman banker!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Making him stand still while players are using him should be one of the easiest things ZOS could ever fix. The problem is actually getting them to hear the players that find it a problem. They either don't know or don't care and it's sad as it is likely about 2 minutes of coding to take out his ability to walk. It already acts this way when placed in a house.

Please have these bankers stand still.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ironically, they do stand still if you stick them in your house.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Yes, the banker behaves politely while in residence. There are a few bankers around that are stationary, Clockwork City and somewhere in Glenumbra a banker is sitting behind a desk.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the banker behaves politely while in residence. There are a few bankers around that are stationary, Clockwork City and somewhere in Glenumbra a banker is sitting behind a desk.

Wayrest, Evermore, and (maybe) Shornhelm or Sentinel have seated bankers. Nothing comes to mind in Glenumbra though.
  • Shawn_PT
    Shawn_PT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this happen to me as well on one of the regular city bankers. Usually he decides to wander mid transaction and just closes the window. The other day he wandered away and the camera panned out to show the area instead of just his face, but the UI remained open as if I was using my bag. Luckily the items I was looking at were duplicates and couldn't be learned. It happens to regular bankers as well, not just the titis fellow.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just started noticing this week that the window no longer closes when the banker wanders off in the middle of a transaction. I have no idea how they managed to make that small annoyance even worse than it was before.
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.