The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XBox One X >> XBox One

Amadis001
Amadis001
✭✭✭✭
For the last year, I have been tremendously frustrated with long loading screens (even when just moving across a city into a new piece of its map), missing textures, missing NPCs that I have stand there and wait for to materialize, missing and/or delayed sounds and other symptoms of general sluggishness. I thought that the problem was server-side because of all the problems consistently reported by other players.

Well, I upgraded this weekend to an XBox ONE X and the huge majority of those problems are just gone. I'm still getting DC'ed about once an hour, but the rest of the nonsense is just gone. (N.B.: I haven't tried Cyrodiil yet.) I am enjoying the game much, much more.

I realize that popping $500 on a new XBox is not the solution for everyone. But if you've been having the severity of problems that I have and you are thinking of eventually upgrading to an X, you should consider doing it sooner rather than later. The difference, at least for me, was incredible.

// Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amadis001 wrote: »
    For the last year, I have been tremendously frustrated with long loading screens (even when just moving across a city into a new piece of its map), missing textures, missing NPCs that I have stand there and wait for to materialize, missing and/or delayed sounds and other symptoms of general sluggishness. I thought that the problem was server-side because of all the problems consistently reported by other players.

Well, I upgraded this weekend to an XBox ONE X and the huge majority of those problems are just gone. I'm still getting DC'ed about once an hour, but the rest of the nonsense is just gone. (N.B.: I haven't tried Cyrodiil yet.) I am enjoying the game much, much more.

I realize that popping $500 on a new XBox is not the solution for everyone. But if you've been having the severity of problems that I have and you are thinking of eventually upgrading to an X, you should consider doing it sooner rather than later. The difference, at least for me, was incredible.

wait until you put an SSD on the One X --- speeds it up another 20-30% (lord know why it never shipped with one)
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do we put an ssd on the Xbox one anyways?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    How do we put an ssd on the Xbox one anyways?

You buy an external one and connect it via USB.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... XBX1 with an SSD drive on a 4K Monitor is like playing another game...I can actually see what Wrothgar looks like without the muddied graphics and wander Vvardenfell without crashing every second...
    This set up does not cure all of this game’s ailments but does make it a whole lot better gaming experience...
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    If you're paying all this money for Xbox one X, 4k TV and ssd.. why not just get a pc at that point?
    Edited by LjAnimalchin on March 14, 2018 10:54AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LjAnimalchin because ADD on junk & cheats, machine differences, macros, and starting from scratch a year plus behind everyone else.

Anyway back to the thread, thanks @Amadis001 I've been borderline to getting one and the more I read like this the more justified I feel. ESO has been my only game from launch and can't wait to see the HDR.

For the techies out there. What size SSD do you recommend and any particular specs / speeds / connections / brands recommended over others ? etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    @LjAnimalchin because ADD on junk & cheats, machine differences, macros, and starting from scratch a year plus behind everyone else.
    I mean I played for two years on Xbox and didn't hesitate when I finally got a decent pc. Also FYI Xbox has hacks, cheats, macros just the same as pc. Exploits in game are also not platform specific. Many people abused double mundus for like a year. Other things too. Just Google cronusmax :p and yeh I knew a fair amount of ppl who used em on the least populated server, Xbox EU.

Played for just a few months on pc and have 690 cp and all gear I could need. It isn't hard. I don't mean to rain on your parade but everything you got excited about a pc has been capable of doing since the game launched.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're paying all this money for Xbox one X, 4k TV and ssd.. why not just get a pc at that point?

Because everyone in my family uses the XBox and the 4K TV...and the SSD cost less than $100...
  • LanceFoxMcCloud
    LanceFoxMcCloud
    ✭✭✭
    I mean I played for two years on Xbox and didn't hesitate when I finally got a decent pc. Also FYI Xbox has hacks, cheats, macros just the same as pc. Exploits in game are also not platform specific. Many people abused double mundus for like a year. Other things too. Just Google cronusmax :p and yeh I knew a fair amount of ppl who used em on the least populated server, Xbox EU.

Played for just a few months on pc and have 690 cp and all gear I could need. It isn't hard. I don't mean to rain on your parade but everything you got excited about a pc has been capable of doing since the game launched.

Cool story.

Want to hear mine about how I switched from PC to 1X and absolutely love it?... yeah, didn't think so. ;)

Moving along. I paired my X1X with a samsung evo 850 the day it was released and only have ESO installed on it. Runs like a dream. The only time I experience game issues now is when something is up with the servers, even with me using a cell phones Hotspot because of where I live.

I've managed to convince about half a dozen people in my guild to upgrade, and boy were they happy they did, too.
  • TheDuck
    TheDuck
    ✭✭✭
    My original Xbone was starting to act wonky, so I traded up to a new X a few days ago, and I cant believe the difference it made.

Besides the incredible visual improvement, I no longer crash in Vivic City, slow to a sub 10 fps in populated areas and Boss battles, and the loading screen debacle is all but gone.

I'm still using my 1080p Samsung TV, and I still feel the X was worth every penny.
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Don't forget to visit Craglorn with an Xbox One X, unrecognizable beautiful vista's! :)
  • Tygerfire
    Tygerfire
    ✭✭
    You guys are making me drool.

On FF14, I switched from ps4 to pro, and while there was a noticeable difference, it didn't really wow me.

This pretty much caused me to dismiss the xbox one x until I need one (my history with the 360 wasn't great), but now, I"m starting to search deals and stuff
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will ZOS port my Xbox account to PC? Not starting over.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can hard-wire instead of wireless, you'll see even better performance.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was definately a good upgrade

@LjAnimalchin
    Because its not even close to the same cost.
    Examples Xbox One X

Console $500 Link
    TV $500 - $900 Link

Total $1000 to $1500

Example...PC

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YQwYTB
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/YQwYTB/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz 6-Core Processor ($329.00 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($209.79 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($179.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($154.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card ($599.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT - S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus - ROG Strix XG35VQ 35.0" 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor ($769.00 @ Amazon)
    Total: $2456.42
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-03-27 23:07 EDT-0400
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 28, 2018 3:09AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will ZOS port my Xbox account to PC? Not starting over.

@GimpyPorcupine

LOL No, you get to start over purchasing everything over again
  • Qwazzy
    Qwazzy
    ✭✭✭✭

Anyway back to the thread, thanks @Amadis001 I've been borderline to getting one and the more I read like this the more justified I feel. ESO has been my only game from launch and can't wait to see the HDR.

For the techies out there. What size SSD do you recommend and any particular specs / speeds / connections / brands recommended over others ? etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4evch303C4
    Smallscale/Solo player on multiple servers

PC North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 33
    AD Nightblade - PvP 17
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 19
    AD Necromancer - PvP 22
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 20
    EP Templar - PvP 21
    EP Nightblade - PvP 20
    DC Sorcerer - PvP 16
    DC Templar - PvP 24
    DC Nightblade - PvP 18
    Xbox North America - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 32
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 20
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 14
    AD Templar - PvP 41
    AD Templar - PvP 16
    AD Templar - PvP 14
    AD Warden - PvP 29
    AD Nightblade - PvP 27
    AD Dragonknight - PvP 18
    AD Necromancer - PvP 14
    Xbox Europe - Characters
    AD Sorcerer - PvP 42
    AD Templar - PvP 36
    EP Sorcerer - PvP 16
  • LjAnimalchin
    LjAnimalchin
    ✭✭✭

@LjAnimalchin
    Examples Xbox One X

Console $500 Link
    TV $500 - $900 Link

Total $1000 to $1500

Example...PC

Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($209.79 @ OutletPC)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($179.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($154.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($43.89 @ OutletPC)
    Power Supply: Corsair - CSM 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus - ROG Strix XG35VQ 35.0" 3440x1440 100Hz Monitor ($769.00 @ Amazon)

You just padded out the price with a load of pointless *** nobody would ever use, like a 35" monitor, a 500gb ssd (lol what), the newest 6 core i7 that literally just released, and a 200 dollar overclockers motherboard. Please don't take offence, but I used to think similar things when I didn't have a clue about pc gaming too. I could build you a pc that would run this game in 4k for roughly 1500 dollars, probably a considerable bit less. In fact if all you care about is 4k@30fps all you need is a gtx 1060. The rest of the parts you posted are literally 10x more powerful than the Xbox equivalents. You could buy any old i5, cheap motherboard, 8gb ddr3 ram, and a *** mobo and easily hit 4k, or 2k at well over 60fps.

If you don't care about 4k you can build something more powerful than the Xbox for like 400 bucks. My phone is more powerful than the original Fatboy Xbox and the Xbox one X shares the same CPU and most specs which is the real bottle neck in a game like this.

I have a friend who plays at 1080p (fine really and if you use like a 60 inch TV or something you probs have the same pixel density as someone at 1080p 24" anyways) and she gets 90-100 fps on a pc that was pre built and cost her 350 dollars on Amazon, so less than what you paid for your tv. It has an i5 2600k and a gtx 750ti.

Sunk cost fallacy will probably be stronger than buyer's remorse for you, but I couldn't imagine spending cash to upgrade my console when it's basically a waste of money compared to the far better experience in every single regard on a pc.
    Edited by LjAnimalchin on March 31, 2018 7:32AM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@LjAnimalchin
    Examples Xbox One X

Console $500 Link
    TV $500 - $900 Link

Total $1000 to $1500

Example...PC

You just padded out the price with a load of pointless *** nobody would ever use, like a 35" monitor, a 500gb ssd (lol what), the newest 6 core i7 that literally just released, and a 200 dollar overclockers motherboard. Please don't take offence, but I used to think similar things when I didn't have a clue about pc gaming too. I could build you a pc that would run this game in 4k for roughly 1500 dollars, probably a considerable bit less. In fact if all you care about is 4k@30fps all you need is a gtx 1060. The rest of the parts you posted are literally 10x more powerful than the Xbox equivalents. You could buy any old i5, cheap motherboard, 8gb ddr3 ram, and a *** mobo and easily hit 4k, or 2k at well over 60fps.

If you don't care about 4k you can build something more powerful than the Xbox for like 400 bucks. My phone is more powerful than the original Fatboy Xbox and the Xbox one X shares the same CPU and most specs which is the real bottle neck in a game like this.

I have a friend who plays at 1080p (fine really and if you use like a 60 inch TV or something you probs have the same pixel density as someone at 1080p 24" anyways) and she gets 90-100 fps on a pc that was pre built and cost her 350 dollars on Amazon, so less than what you paid for your tv. It has an i5 2600k and a gtx 750ti.

Sunk cost fallacy will probably be stronger than buyer's remorse for you, but I couldn't imagine spending cash to upgrade my console when it's basically a waste of money compared to the far better experience in every single regard on a pc.

@Ljungstroem

It’s not padded it’s the cost of solid performance and solid visuals. Sure you can get lesser quality items for this game only but that isn’t building a pc to run most games in 4K like the Xbox one x does. I own both now....

It sounds like you have theories but haven’t put this into actual practice. I have this processor, 32 gig of this ram, 1TB ssd and a 1tb HD for other files and a diff monitor and diff video card but my performance is solid and no offense but running it on a TV has much less response time and isn’t as sharp.

You cannot build a $400 PC that runs most games in Native 4K at 60 FPS. Consider this game is capped at 30 so while that works, anyone building a pc will realize you need more so games like Star Citizen for example, your budget PC will poorly at best run that game.

Or other console popular games that are on PC too. People for the past 2 years keep suggesting they can build for less than $500 but I’ve yet to see it done where those PCs run all games better, with the same or better load times and solid FPS

Also if you’re over clocking you’re going to spend more for solid liquid cooling cause what’s the point if you’re killing the longevity of your budget build. Stay cool!

Don’t want to believe me take someone else’s opinions https://www.windowscentral.com/struggle-build-4k-gaming-pc-price-xbox-one-x
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on March 31, 2018 12:21PM