The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Just came back, and now remember major reason I left

Kosef
Kosef
✭✭✭✭
Just came back after almost 2 years of being gone. When i loaded up, I remember how much I loved the design and the graphics and the whole elder scrolls feel. At the time of this game's release and leading up to it, I was literally on the edge of my seat waiting. One of the main reasons I left after a short while however, was just how ridiculous it felt that the story didn't necessarily follow your character. I'm one of those guys that like story and like for it to make sense in my questing. I don't get a lot a time so pvp, end-game pve and all that is not really something I can enjoy fully. So when I decided to play a vampire and realized that most of the npc's that I interacted with didn't even notice I was a vampire, it really annoyed me. There were interactions where I'm sent to kill vampires and the people in the village who clearly hate vampires, don't even notice that the one helping them is a vampire stage 4 a that. Not to mention, as a vampire shouldn't I have some sort of input as to the straight up slaughter of my own kind. I'm trying to stick it out and enjoy other aspects like crafting and exploring, but this is a major issue for me and seems like it was just lazy development. Sorry for the early morning rant. I really do like other aspects of this game and want to try and stick it out, just very hard to ignore this unless I ignore quest.
Server: PC-NA

Vincent Jurard - Breton - DK
Aronil Elsinwatch - Altmer - Templar
Ulfgar Stormbringer - Nord - Sorc
Ra'Jhera Mahrabi - Khajiit - NB
Kur Zahir - Imperial - Necro
Khur - Redguard - Warden
Lives-By-Sword - Argonian - DK
Sara Willowthorn - Bosmer - Templar
Elsa Bjariksen - Nord - NB
Soliril Elsinthar - Altmer - Sorc
Khargol Ogdum - Orc - Warden
Veros Sarvani - Dunmer - Necro
Vedran The Toxic - Dunmer - DK
Hafnar Ironbark - Nord Warden
Low - Level: Arcturus The Loyal - Templar
Guild:
[Ninja Squirrels]
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or how about a Dunmer who hates Argonians asking for help from an Argonian because he's "an outsider"?

Literally the only time I've ever seen your chosen race come into play in dialog is when the Wrothgar Ambassador says "thank goodness another Orc" when you're on an Orc character.
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would agree with you if this is just a typical TES game but it is not, its an mmo by design, the moment you realise it that youre nothing special in the world of tamriel, youre just a pebble being thrown in the ocean. youre not the only vestige here,

i havent seen an mmo that caters to one player actions alone, i dont think its lazy design it just that implementing that kind of scenarios on every NPC's is probably impossible and way past a developers abilities.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AI Dialog never been that diverse in the game. It's one first things I noticed in first couple of months when I started playing 2 or 3 years ago ( or dear losing count). Though it's nice it sometimes updates after quests now. This new or I never do quests (probably the latter).

I do think at least priest or mage guild and fighter guild could have update dialog in regards to vampirsm and fluffiness. Or just have one npc tell us why nobody cares. Also ... walking around as a werewolf in form should be killed on sight. Maybe this could all be update to justice system we all dream about.

P.S there's always coldharbor if there's harsher rules.
    Edited by Tasear on March 31, 2018 11:25AM
  • Highlor3
    Highlor3
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Elder Scrolls series have different vampire clans, so you might be killing vampires from a different clan than yours.
    I agree with you that ESO fails to address the player when (s)he's a vampire, specially a stage 4 one (and transformed werewolves).
    That's also why I'm against they adding a necromancer class, or a class that has other name but with the same dead rising abilities. All factions have necromancers as enemies, the guy that killed you character is the most famous and powerful necromancer, necromancy is abominated in all provinces. Don't make any sense the big hero being a necromancer. It's like having a demon as playable character in the Diablo series.
    A "good necromancer" would be a class that raises dead animals and creatures instead of sentient beings' bodies.
    [PC-NA] CP 1400+ The Conquest of Tamriel, UESP & Taverna do Mestre
    The Scientia Consortium:
    • Rodbertus Quercus, Imperial, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Robert Bethencourt, Breton, Templar [DC]
    • Karlindah Telvanni, Dunmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Hejthuxis (former Raises-Her-Rear), Argonian, Nightblade [EP]
    • Limeril Bravewind, Altmer, Warden [AD]
    • Isilarelen, Dunmer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Elindael, Bosmer, Warden [AD]
    • Hrodberaht Bright-Fame, "Nordguard", Warden [EP]
    • Ra'Kham, Khajiit, Nightblade [DC]
    • Brazilia gra-Bagol, Orsimer, Dragonknight [EP]
    • Nirrah al-Hegathe, Redguard, Necromancer [DC]
    • Theodora Quercus, Imperial, Templar [DC]
    • Cuddles-In-The-Water, Argonian, Templar [EP]
    • Cainneach the Pale, Reachman, Necromancer [AD]
    • Dughlas af-Fearley, Redguard, Sorcerer [DC]
    • Roze Cloturier, Breton, Arcanist [AD]
    • Alvyrspic the Remnant, Nord, Arcanist [DC]
    [PC-EU] No CP THE CAPS ARMY
    • Adaltos Indoril, Dunmer, Templar [EP]
    • Geralt of Evermore, Breton, Nightblade [DC]
    • Feainneweedd, Altmer, Sorcerer [AD]
    • Robert Cloturier-Baudiae, Breton, Arcanist [DC]
    • M'ahnurr the Elusive, Khajiit, Arcanist [AD]
  • IV_Deity
    IV_Deity
    ✭✭✭
    @kosefgaming123ub17_ESO You were expecting a normal TES game aka "Skyrim with Friends" but this game is not that. I don't believe it being marketed as such (?)

This is an MMORPG and all of them pretty much don't have a sense of immersion. End game PvE style dungeons and trials, and PvP are usually the strong suits of MMOs.
    Now on PC.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like story and immersion but if you want to enjoy ESO you will have to accept the shortcomings that come with it being a MMO. Also one of the big drawbacks from voice acting pretty much everything: it's very rigid, set in stone, you can't go around redoing half the lines when you add something like vampires or werewolves at a later stage.

Edited by Everstorm on March 31, 2018 11:47AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or how about a Dunmer who hates Argonians asking for help from an Argonian because he's "an outsider"?

Literally the only time I've ever seen your chosen race come into play in dialog is when the Wrothgar Ambassador says "thank goodness another Orc" when you're on an Orc character.

The Shatul questline in Wrothgar actually has an option for the quest ending that's only available if you are an orc.
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 31, 2018 11:47AM