The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Repentance pull templar out of stealth

Drdeath20
Drdeath20
✭✭✭✭✭
Why does repentance pull a templar out of stealth? Repentance has no actual effect an yet it somehow pulls a templar out of stealth, even when their is no corpse to desicrate.

Skills like foward momentum/rally have actual effects and keep a player in stealth.
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any skill that has an AoE check in it (In the case of Repentance, checking for nearby corpses), will break cloak/stealth.
    It's something that just has never been formally addressed as being either a "feature", or actually a bug.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on March 30, 2018 6:31PM
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont use it when theres no corpse to desicrate then?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is probably a good point but by the same token the developers have so destroyed the Repentance skill (and generally the Templar class as well) that I can understand the frustration. Almost any knock that could be made against a class has been done to Templar. In a world where Mobility and Cc are vital, Templar has no mobility and no cc. Throw Templars a bone. I'm tired of this being the squishy burst class vs. tanky healer class. I want something more and better and I want Templar to live up to what they originally pitched us 4 years ago. This getting pulled out of stealth business while annoying is the least of the problems with Repentance. The competitive nature of this skill not only with rival Templars but with your own team/allies is a great start for my irritation and shows an extreme lack of empathy for the players of this class by the Developers. Anyone who plays Templar for any period knows one thing about the class: You need resource generating sets to make up for the inadequacies of the class. You need to pick up out of class cc to make up for the inadequacies. You need out of class ultimates to make up for the inadequacies. Unlike Sorcerer you do not get the same kind of benefits for these inadequacies and as a Stamplar you really don't get much from the class other than the ability to binding javelin people off a cliff.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭

You get punished for hitting the skill by accident...
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avran_Sylt wrote: »
    Any skill that has an AoE check in it (In the case of Repentance, checking for nearby corpses), will break cloak/stealth.
    It's something that just has never been formally addressed as being either a "feature", or actually a bug.

"Feature" haha i love the quotations