Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Elder Scrolls: Online Tamriel Unlimited is gone?!?

GeminiTiger
GeminiTiger
Soul Shriven
My friends Eso app deleted itself from the PlayStation4 and when he went to go check in the store to download it again tamriel unlimited is gone!? That's the one he purchased, how is he supposed to get it back? The only versions that are still up are the Expansion versions(morrowind and summerset), if this means that he has to buy them to play again then that's a bs way to get people to but your crap Bethesda.
Edited by GeminiTiger on March 28, 2018 10:59PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @GeminiTiger

Did your friend's ESO app disappear after the free trial ended?

If your friend purchased an "Upgrade" edition and not the base game, they will need to purchase the version that includes the base game. The upgrade does not function as a base game and will be incompatible with their account.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Shadstah
    Shadstah
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @GeminiTiger

If your friend purchased an "Upgrade" edition and not the base game, they will need to purchase the version that includes the base game. The upgrade does not function as a base game and will be incompatible with their account.

Well to be fair... from the game, the "buy now" option ONLY links to the upgrade version, not the version including the base game. I know this as I have the same problem, although I am still able to download the game from my library, I just cant play the game/Morrowind as I still get the "buy now" prompt.
  • Xoulcrusher
    Xoulcrusher
    Soul Shriven
    @GeminiTiger

I opened a ticket for this the other day but haven't received a reply yet. I attempted to purchase the Standard version or whichever it is that includes the base game, but when trying to checkout i received an error message saying I already owned the game and directing me to purchase the Upgrade version, which I did. Now when trying to play the game it says the Free Trial has ended and directs me to the PS Store to buy the full game, which is not even available in the store page it sends me to. Please help.
  • keann
    keann
    Soul Shriven
    @GeminiTiger

I opened a ticket for this the other day but haven't received a reply yet. I attempted to purchase the Standard version or whichever it is that includes the base game, but when trying to checkout i received an error message saying I already owned the game and directing me to purchase the Upgrade version, which I did. Now when trying to play the game it says the Free Trial has ended and directs me to the PS Store to buy the full game, which is not even available in the store page it sends me to. Please help.

Same problem here. When my trial was over i clicked buy and then it showed me Moroowidn Update so i was thinking i should buy an update version as game stated. I went to shop and bought summerset update. Now i see that i should buy different version despite the fact game was showing me i should buy an update. Total mess.
    I would like to buy standard version but i cant because i own upgrade and i cant play because game wants me to buy update but again i cant because i own summerset. I opened ticket and still waiting. Looks like i cant play and i cant upgrade to standard version. How to solve it ?
  • Shadstah
    Shadstah
    Soul Shriven

Have you checked your game library to see if ESO is there? Mine is, but I have exactly the same problem as you. I managed to get a refund from PSN but then I realised that - if, according to PlayStation I already have the base game then the problem lies with ESO. So I deleted everything then bought it again direct from the store (upgrade) not via the game client.

I have no idea yet if this is going to work or not but I have sent in a ticket here (although it hasn't even been looked at yet) to see if it's a problem tech help can sort out.
    Edited by Shadstah on March 31, 2018 6:48PM
  • Xoulcrusher
    Xoulcrusher
    Soul Shriven
    For me, the app never disappeared, I can load into it and everything. I uninstalled and reinstalled...haven't tested yet but I can't imagine it would be fixed. Not sure if its something that tech support can resolve on their end or if I will need to get this version refunded and then buy a different version.

I should also mention that on elderscrollsonline.com it shows my account as active, but does not show anything in my billing history.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    For anyone having issues purchasing the full version after the trial has ended, please contact customer support to get a ticket started.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Xoulcrusher
    Xoulcrusher
    Soul Shriven
    Just an update on mine for those interested- ZOS customer support referred me to Sony support, who refunded the Upgrade purchase and reset my game license, which then allowed me to purchase the Standard version that includes the base game. It was buggy when i tried to purchase on the Playstation store website on my computer (said it wasnt available for purchase), but it worked when I accessed the PS store via my PS4.

The good news is my account was not deleted or anything during the reset process, so my character is good to go.
  • Hurrucan
    Hurrucan
    Soul Shriven
    Shadstah wrote: »
    @GeminiTiger

Well to be fair... from the game, the "buy now" option ONLY links to the upgrade version, not the version including the base game. I know this as I have the same problem, although I am still able to download the game from my library, I just cant play the game/Morrowind as I still get the "buy now" prompt.

That crap tricked me! I had to get a refund from Sony costumer service and then get the full 39.99 Summerset with the base version. They need to update that so they can discern from free version to base version.
  • Shadstah
    Shadstah
    Soul Shriven
    Heard back from Sony today and they have removed the free play entitlement from my game, finally allowing me to play Morrowind. Loving it so far.

If anyone else is having this problem I suggest sending PSN a ticket asking for them to remove the free play entitlement and/or a refund for any or lost or mis-spent monies.
  • kyle.toddb16_ESO
    kyle.toddb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Let me speak of my experience with this nonsense.

I downloaded the ESO- Tamriel when it was free, for the free trail period a few months back.

Today I have decided to return to the game, so I installed it from my library, 80+gigs, and the game tells me "Thanks for playing the trial version, please purchase the full game" and takes me to a PSN Store page with 2 options, one to upgrade Tamriel and one to upgrade to Summerset. So I purchased both Thinking I would get access to the game.

NOPE, it still keeps telling me that I have a trial version, and need to purchase full version. So the two purchases were pointless, which i want a refund for.

When I go to the store to buy the full version it tells me I already have the full version. AND there is no way to delete the trail version from library. WELL DONE ESO/Sony

NOW i have to try explain this entire thing in a Sony ticket which is frustrating as all hell. Good job.