The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka DK No staffs (I Hate Staffs)

Keru64
Keru64
Soul Shriven
I hate staffs. don't want to use them; but i love magicka. So ive theory crafted a build to get around my hatred for staffs. and i want some peer review. I want a PvP focused build.

https://i.imgur.com/CyIIRVP.png

there are 3 things i want from this build. {has to be DK}

1. NO STAFFS
2. DW
3. Magicka
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly do you want us to write?
    The link you posted already has your whole setup in it, no staves, with dual wield and its a magicka build.
    You want to know if this works?
    I can garantue you, that you will die a lot with this bufffood. You haveno health pool and loe ressistances without a damage shield. This will make you prey for pretty much everyone. Second you have no stamina nor stamina sustain, so not much blocking or breaking free. Both problems would be solved by taling tristatfood. At least you would survive a bit longer then. In the this build has great damage, but is too squishy without any source of shields or mitigation.
    Edited by Checkmath on March 30, 2018 3:21PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this for PVE or PVP?

In PVE, you have to use staves if you want to run trials and most vet dungeons. There's just no way you'll be able to deal enough damage without them.

In PVP, DW/S&B is great for magDKs. But I wouldn't run Arch-Mage -- you get plenty of sustain from other sources. There are a number of excellent DW/S&B (or even double S&B) PVP magDK builds floating around youtube. And you want to run Blood Spawn, Skoria, Grothdarr, or Zaan for your head/shoulder slots.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Keru64
    Keru64
    Soul Shriven
    casparian wrote: »
    Is this for PVE or PVP?

In PVE, you have to use staves if you want to run trials and most vet dungeons. There's just no way you'll be able to deal enough damage without them.

In PVP, DW/S&B is great for magDKs. But I wouldn't run Arch-Mage -- you get plenty of sustain from other sources. There are a number of excellent DW/S&B (or even double S&B) PVP magDK builds floating around youtube. And you want to run Blood Spawn, Skoria, Grothdarr, or Zaan for your head/shoulder slots.

im kinda new, what are these other sources? because i thought the whole issue of having a magdk Dw/S&B was the magicka sustain.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Keru64 wrote: »
    casparian wrote: »
    Is this for PVE or PVP?

im kinda new, what are these other sources? because i thought the whole issue of having a magdk Dw/S&B was the magicka sustain.

Sure, it's an issue, but there are more efficient ways to make up for it than running Arch-Mage. Regen glyphs and the Atronach mundus are generally enough for me.

That's all for PVP; again, in group PVE beyond normal dungeons you have to run staves.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DW/S&B is what my burst build runs, 15k leaps <3

Swap kags hope for shackle. Remove archmage. Use your valkyn/bloodspawn x2 for your head/shoulders. You can go for other sets like sun/BSW/innate and shimmy some sets around. Since its a light build sustain seems fine.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another thing to note .... in the pic u linked... all the armor pieces are divines.... stick more to impen/infused ... usually impen on smaller pieces ( shoot for 2k crit resist minimum imo )
    also on the first tab of that site click on the box next to "in cyrodiil"
    Currently on my mDK im running with roughly 25k health, 45-46k mag and 20-21k stam in cyro
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think OP is looking rather for pve stuff....
    in pvp as stated, dual wield and snb are totally fine, but for pve staves are mandatory to enable some really great skills. also sustain wise and for adding dps by weaving staves are far superior in pve compared to dual wield
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    in pvp as stated, dual wield and snb are totally fine, but for pve staves are mandatory to enable some really great skills. also sustain wise and for adding dps by weaving staves are far superior in pve compared to dual wield
    I want a PvP focused build.
    Edited by ak_pvp on March 30, 2018 5:25PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Checkmath wrote: »
    I want a PvP focused build.

lol... u beat me to it
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Keru64
    Keru64
    Soul Shriven
    so how does this build look compared to my other one.

https://gyazo.com/23af1d59ca3e4aed83ae05823627a42d

Ty for all the help <3