The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Some advice for spending attribute points?

GrimCyclone
GrimCyclone
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello!

So, what about magicka, health, and stamina. Should we just min/max and go all magicka for dd/healers while all health for tanks and all stamina for stealth?

I like to even things out myself, but looking at the abilities I wasn't sure. I see some lines use magicka and some use stamina. So I figured I'd come as you guys :)

Thanks in advance. (Hey maybe they'll let us respec one day for those people who screw theirs up lol)
Edited by GrimCyclone on March 31, 2014 8:31PM
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the min/maxers say to go all health.
    Currently, a health attribute point gives you 15 health, where as a mag/stam attribute only gives 10 of said attribute. Therefore it's more efficient to go 49 health.

It's then possible to itemize for magicka or stamina - ie you can use enchantments and things to hit soft cap for magicka/stamina and magicka/stamina regeneration.

Also, you are able to respec in the game for gold. In the main city of the second main area of your faction there are shrines which allow you to reset attributes or skill points for gold.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭
    I believe right now, as everyone is new here. Just experiment. what do you like the sound of? how do you think it will play out? There are no "ultimate kick ass builds right now until we've all tried things out, conversed and discussed. Ok, some have been in beta, like myself, and have an idea. During beta I was unsure. I still am unsure, so I will go with what I think I can use and with what I would like my character to be. Experiment :) it's fun.
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enteum wrote: »
    I believe right now, as everyone is new here. Just experiment. what do you like the sound of? how do you think it will play out? There are no "ultimate kick ass builds right now until we've all tried things out, conversed and discussed. Ok, some have been in beta, like myself, and have an idea. During beta I was unsure. I still am unsure, so I will go with what I think I can use and with what I would like my character to be. Experiment :) it's fun.

Some people have been playing the game for a year, on the private test server. They've tested out a fair few builds, many of them at VR10.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »
    Currently, a health attribute point gives you 15 health, where as a mag/stam attribute only gives 10 of said attribute. Therefore it's more efficient to go 49 health.

It's then possible to itemize for magicka or stamina - ie you can use enchantments and things to hit soft cap for magicka/stamina and magicka/stamina regeneration.

Also, you are able to respec in the game for gold. In the main city of the second main area of your faction there are shrines which allow you to reset attributes or skill points for gold.

If the neon betty should ever cross my path. I will gladly give it sustenance. Thank you, kind sir.

• Fetch
    Fetch
    I started off going pure Magic for my sorcerer, but realized I was running into issues with low health far more often thanlow magic.

BTW I am a MMO novice.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for helping my kind.

Also, it may not be the best idea to go all health while leveling.
    Since I will be magicka focused, I'll be using attribute points to get magicka until I get to VR - at which point I'll respec and choose health.

It's often better to have some magicka while leveling, as you'll be swapping through loads of different gear sets, and won't be able to customise it very well for magicka.
    At VR however it should be relatively easy to itemize for magicka.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • GrimCyclone
    GrimCyclone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so happy we can respec. I know some RPers or purists don't like it, but we all make mistakes and for people with mild OCD like me it takes a big weight off my shoulders. I can just go have fun without worrying that I won't end up like I truly want.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm so happy we can respec. I know some RPers or purists don't like it, but we all make mistakes and for people with mild OCD like me it takes a big weight off my shoulders. I can just go have fun without worrying that I won't end up like I truly want.

I would spend my playtime worrying about my choices if we couldn't respec... Literally the whole time...
    So glad there's respec.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Taeko
    Taeko

I had heard this is no longer the case. In the past u got more health points per attribute point than what u got per enchantments, traits, etc. I believe they have fixed this so u get the same amount of health points(15 health) from attribute points, traits, mundus, etc. This is just what I've read in other places though-I have yet to make it to end game.
  • Daknar
    Daknar
    Soul Shriven
    I'm so happy we can respec. I know some RPers or purists don't like it, but we all make mistakes and for people with mild OCD like me it takes a big weight off my shoulders.
    RPers just need to think of it as a "Tome of Knowledge" that can boost a character aspect at the cost of others ;)
    To the OP, at this point, it's really up to your play-style. As a caster, if you go cast-cast-cast-empty, then put points into magik. If you tend to die a lot from attacks and want to wear light armor versus heavy, then start putting points into health to counter that. It really is a per-person type thing and has to do with your particular play style. Again, it only costs gold if you think you made a mistake!

• MikeMoss
    MikeMoss
    ✭✭✭
    HI

As a sorcerer I put all my points into Magica since without that I have no attacks, I'm only level 8.

I do look for items that increase Health and Stamina, but for now I gotta have the magic.

I would guess that if you are a martial arts sort who has to swing a sword then stamina would be the most important resource.

I haven't tried that.

Later I'll worry about other aspects but I do think that you need to tailor it to the type of character you are making.

Mike
    Edited by MikeMoss on March 31, 2014 9:11PM
  • Enteum
    Enteum
    ✭✭✭

Some people have been playing the game for a year, on the private test server. They've tested out a fair few builds, many of them at VR10.

This, may very well be true. But, where is the fun in it if not by finding out by yourself? Or is that just me? It may be. Play how you want my friend. Find your path :smile:
    Asira Avalis - Mage
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This, may very well be true. But, where is the fun in it if not by finding out by yourself? Or is that just me? It may be. Play how you want my friend. Find your path :smile:

@Enteum
    I look at the builds that people from the PTS presented, but so far I have used none of them.
    I do listen to how things work, what works well, what works bad, but I like planning my own build - I will never use a build just because I hear it's good.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guy who is level 10 did 4 magicka, 3 health and 2 stamina.

I was eating food for extra stamina.. but I could work it whatever way.

Plus he is Imperial, so 4% bonus to health and stam.
  • RedRum69
    RedRum69
    ✭✭
    It dpends on what you go.. I'm going Templar with Sword + shield style with focused on health and stamina to use my "Sword + shield" abilities more
  • DocSavage47
    So far a 2:1 ration of Magicka/Stamina (depending on your build) to Health has worked for me. I agree that once you start getting items (gear, consumables, etc) that augment the attributes, you can start dropping the points where you want them.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I havent even touched my Health as a DragonKnight. Ive been putting my attribute points equally in Stamina and Magicka. Mostly because I find that during a fight those are the two Im typically in need of the most. Its only when my Stamina and Magicaka is low that my Health is effected. Blocking and dodging is quite effective in preventing serious blows to Health. And the only times Ive died is when I was ganked by a mob or a mob spawned near somewhere I had stopped to look through my inventory...Which both are my faults.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax